Users browsing this topic: 4 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Pato
Bomberbie

Post#721  Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi

I see there is a 8 player mode Power Bomberman. However, is it possible to play it locally with 8 players and how? Lots of configuration and it never really works for all players?

We usually play Saturn Bomberman with 8-10 players and set up is very easy. Two 6player adapters and 8-10 controllers. So this is the best choice for us.

A Saturn Homebrew version of this game would be great. This would work with 12 Controllers and I would be the first to back a campaign on kickstarter etc
View user profile Send Private Message
LunaticKingdom
Bomberbie

Post#722  Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Pato wrote:
Hi

I see there is a 8 player mode Power Bomberman. However, is it possible to play it locally with 8 players and how? Lots of configuration and it never really works for all players?

We usually play Saturn Bomberman with 8-10 players and set up is very easy. Two 6player adapters and 8-10 controllers. So this is the best choice for us.

A Saturn Homebrew version of this game would be great. This would work with 12 Controllers and I would be the first to back a campaign on kickstarter etc

You can use Sega Saturn to USB adapters, or just buy a lot of proper USB controllers.
If you don't have enough USB ports in your PC, using an USB extensor that allows you to plug 3~6 USBs in one slot is also an option.

Generic examples:
Spoiler:

Fost
Bomberbie

Post#723  Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:13 am  Reply with quote + 
We have been doing 12 player Power Bomberman. Once you have done the controller config it is fine.

The biggest issue is in the menus. Someone always hits back just as you are setting it up. Also character select is laborious because you have to select one after each other, nobody knows where they are, thenh someone hits back and ruins it. It needs someone to crack the whip and that's no fun.

Obviously though, it's all worth it.

I think a good fix would be ability to set admin controller which is the only one that can use the menus. Then have multiplayer mode allow everyone to select character at the same time (Towerfall for instance works this way).

It's been discussed before and I'm sure is somewhere on the never ending feature list the guys have been working on.
Z_Boy
Bomberbie

Post#724  Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've already mentioned this problem to Jaklub and (I think), it was taken into consideration.
The thing now is: when the next version will be released? It was for summer 2017 then fall but no significant news since then :/
Jei
Bomberman

Post#725  Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Z_Boy wrote:
I've already mentioned this problem to Jaklub and (I think), it was taken into consideration.
The thing now is: when the next version will be released? It was for summer 2017 then fall but no significant news since then :/

I apologize for the delay. The game is being worked on, albeit slowly. I don't want to give an estimate just yet, if you want to track progress, you're best off joining the Discord from the OP or watching Twitter (which gets updates admittedly pretty rarely).
Negi
Bomberbie

Post#726  Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberbie

Post#727  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
I know game devs hate these words, but when do you think you might release a new update? I have a big anime convention I'm planning to go to next year and would love to use it for a bomberman 12 player setup, but in it's current state it needs to be more polished for 12 players. I'd even give you a money donation for your time to speed up the process and maybe others would chip in on this too. I just really would love to share this with others.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#728  Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
crs9683 wrote:
I know game devs hate these words, but when do you think you might release a new update? I have a big anime convention I'm planning to go to next year and would love to use it for a bomberman 12 player setup, but in it's current state it needs to be more polished for 12 players. I'd even give you a money donation for your time to speed up the process and maybe others would chip in on this too. I just really would love to share this with others.

I'm not sure when exactly the new public build will arrive for various reasons, but if it won't come around by next year, I could privately share some kind of work-in-progress build. Feel free to say what you think should be polished so I can make sure these things are done.
Also, this game is completely non-profit and I will not accept donations for it.
lgnmcrules
Bomberbie

Post#729  Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Is there any WIP for this? I notice it hasn't been updated since October last year
Jei
Bomberman

Post#730  Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting. You may want to stick around the Discord or just keep this thread watched for updates, the stuff will still take some time because of other business I have to deal with.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#731  Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:40 am  Reply with quote + 
I think the way the AI works with avoiding explosions is kinda unrealistic and annoying to play against. Part of playing Bomberman is trying to manage surviving amidst chaos and keeping safe in circumstances where you're not sure when you are or aren't safe. The AI knows 100% of the time when it's safe which causes it to stand in places you'd never expect after placing a bomb.

I think the design can stand to be changed in such a way that the AI treats all bombs as having a large range (growing as time progresses and scales based on the amount of powerups set to be in the stage and what kind are set to appear, eventually by end-game treating bombs as having infinite range) but having a percent chance to know some bombs' ranges. The less players there are the more likely the AI is to know any given bomb's range explosion. The exception is when there are 2 players left and when checking the range of their own bombs. In these cases the behavior should revert to knowing the explosion range 100% of the time.

Similarly, I feel that overlapping sprite gimmicks used to hide players and bombs should be treated in a similar way. AI should treat tiles within explosion range of theoretical bombs as being dangerous. When a bomber passes into one of these (like the igloos with 4 entrances in which you can't see what's under them) the AI will treat the area as if there the player has put down bombs in every possible covered tile under it and should thus always avoid it whether or not a bomb was placed under it. There should be a very small chance that it would know whether or not there is a bomb under depending on player count (you have to account for being able to hear the bombs being placed when there are few players left). This would make playing in stages with this gimmick a lot more fun as it actually has a tangible effect against AI as opposed to none and being nothing more than a hazard to the human players. I guess the exception to this should be when a bomb is placed at the top of one of these as that part is JUST uncovered enough that you can always see whether or not a bomb has been placed.

Difficulty should account for this by increasing the chances the AI knows these the harder it is.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#732  Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
I think the way the AI works with avoiding explosions is kinda unrealistic and annoying to play against. Part of playing Bomberman is trying to manage surviving amidst chaos and keeping safe in circumstances where you're not sure when you are or aren't safe. The AI knows 100% of the time when it's safe which causes it to stand in places you'd never expect after placing a bomb.

I think the design can stand to be changed in such a way that the AI treats all bombs as having a large range (growing as time progresses and scales based on the amount of powerups set to be in the stage and what kind are set to appear, eventually by end-game treating bombs as having infinite range) but having a percent chance to know some bombs' ranges. The less players there are the more likely the AI is to know any given bomb's range explosion. The exception is when there are 2 players left and when checking the range of their own bombs. In these cases the behavior should revert to knowing the explosion range 100% of the time.

Similarly, I feel that overlapping sprite gimmicks used to hide players and bombs should be treated in a similar way. AI should treat tiles within explosion range of theoretical bombs as being dangerous. When a bomber passes into one of these (like the igloos with 4 entrances in which you can't see what's under them) the AI will treat the area as if there the player has put down bombs in every possible covered tile under it and should thus always avoid it whether or not a bomb was placed under it. There should be a very small chance that it would know whether or not there is a bomb under depending on player count (you have to account for being able to hear the bombs being placed when there are few players left). This would make playing in stages with this gimmick a lot more fun as it actually has a tangible effect against AI as opposed to none and being nothing more than a hazard to the human players. I guess the exception to this should be when a bomb is placed at the top of one of these as that part is JUST uncovered enough that you can always see whether or not a bomb has been placed.

Difficulty should account for this by increasing the chances the AI knows these the harder it is.

This is valuable insight, thanks. I've been working on making AI a little more natural and fun to play against, I will try to incorporate different estimation of fire range for most difficulties.
TheBombow
Bomberbie

Post#733  Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
There should be a Mac Version for this but Meh I have to Wait. :xeyes: 
Jei
Bomberman

Post#734  Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
TheBombow wrote:
There should be a Mac Version for this but Meh I have to Wait. :xeyes: 

Next version will be running on a newer version of the engine, so a Mac version isn't out of question, but unfortunately I won't be able to handle this on my own as of now.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#735  Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
The 0.7.1 update has been released, featuring new Battle Mode content, over 300 playable characters and rewritten Online mode with a central server.

Note that while Online mode has been tested and 8 player matches were successfully done, the load was never too high, so keep an eye on the Discord.

DOWNLOAD (0.7.1)
- Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj0y7squcp2efcr/powerbomberman071.7z?dl=0
- mega.nz - https://mega.nz/#!POxnCQ4D!_w7CgKn2AELHFnmqwlqsTX7b-tDiXsgO4GInNr-u5hE

SERVER (0.7.1) (not necessary to play online, but an option if you want to host yourself)
- dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/m56penqwo8e7ahn/powerbomberman071server.7z?dl=0
- mega.nz - https://mega.nz/#!OGhnSSxT!8ZGi-jlz8Mea2lEGyKUJi_7eJJrVqkfSa-IMCXR4pjU

legato
Bomberman

Post#736  Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Any plans on making the previous versions available for download as well?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#737  Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
Any plans on making the previous versions available for download as well?

I don't know yet.
Io-
Bomberbie

Post#738  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:

Great points. I think that giving the AI different personalities or behaviors would also be a good way to make it more human-like and fun to play against. E.g. extra aggressive, very cautious, greedy, preferring certain power-ups over others, allrounder, etc.

Either way, the AI in the new version is definitely the strongest one I've witnessed in any Bomberman game. The fact that it doesn't fall for the old "power-up in a dead-end" trap alone already makes it stand out. The new "Intense" difficulty is also highly appreciated.
zsom
Bomberbie

Post#739  Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi.
Thank you very much for the new version of Power Bomberman.

I have a question.
Is the "Battle Trial" in the new version?
I can not find her.

greetings
Jei
Bomberman

Post#740  Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for playing.
Io- wrote:
Great points. I think that giving the AI different personalities or behaviors would also be a good way to make it more human-like and fun to play against. E.g. extra aggressive, very cautious, greedy, preferring certain power-ups over others, allrounder, etc.
AI is still being tweaked, but some personality differences are already there. Some characters are more attracted to items than others, some are more prone to laying bombs in more dangerous situations, some taunt, etc.
zsom wrote:
I have a question.
Is the "Battle Trial" in the new version?
I can not find her.
The Battle Trials haven't been reimplemented yet, they are not available in this version.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 37 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2778s
Index - Back to Top