[Replies: 884]  [Views: 988212]
Users browsing this topic: 7 Guests
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Jei
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 pm  Reply with quote + 

Power Bomberman is a feature-rich Bomberman fangame. It is still in development, but a playable build is out.

Report any bugs you find either in this thread or in the Discord server.

FULL GAME (0.7.7c) (22.03.2022)
- For Windows: https://mega.nz/file/2a5wRISR#5Ij4foztavmM7_2oM183rOKVWnszMEZ8F4l8fANITQY <- CLICK THIS TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY / ここをクリックしてダウンロード / CLIQUE AQUI PARA FAZER O DOWNLOAD E JOGAR / HAZ CLICK AQUI PARA DESCARGAR Y JUGAR
- For Mac: https://mega.nz/file/DeBw1SQQ#xs27vvsjwYQbdIWvmL3EHUnb491EbGkU9LuVICJJK3E

Google Drive mirror if mega.nz links don't work:
- For Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JWvDExKsisireSvTzpk6CVLny03h4SK8
- For Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XjMj3YLEQv2Shqz8_3qAHCMkGwZzoJYW

PATCH TO APPLY OVER AN UNPACKED 0.7.7b INSTALLATION (0.7.7c) (Windows only)
- https://mega.nz/file/WbgAXDqT#jBVdOJ9MGYq4t34O7-NUFSetXRpoQFrfuUoKp4Tzx2Q

SERVER (0.7.7c) (not necessary to play online - just an option if you don't want to use the main server)
- https://mega.nz/file/mPZSgS4T#3vnm7zR2Tz3ZANt0tnFaorMy4f7j9cpVjgRvMQI0qeo
- Google Drive mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13-cigUl0f5nM062ryBTQ5ak_o3q3KGP9

0.7.7c CHANGELOG
https://paste.ee/p/1pOam

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/XcCY2X4dZJ

IMPORTANT

Please talk to me/members of the team through either this thread or Discord (link below) before making a sprite contribution.

0.7 FEATURES
  • Frantic gameplay up to 12 players
  • Battle Mode includes Quick Battle, Local Battle and Online Battle (no port forwarding required - just connect to the main server and have at it)
  • 6 different Battle Mode rules - Survival Battle, Reversi Battle, Dodge Battle, Hyper Bomber, King Battle, Battle Royale
  • Score Mode - a remake of NES Bomberman game, also including an amped-up Turbo mode
  • Plethora of different items, many of which you already know and love, some never seen before (if you're not into it though, worry not - you can turn them off)
  • Over 650 unlockable playable characters from series' entire lifespan, along with some Konami guests
  • Over 70 stages, totaling around 500 variants to play on
  • Many different settings, from Revenge Bomber and Sudden Death known from the original games to more in-depth ones like bomb fuse, explosion timing or damage caused by the Pressure Blocks
  • and more!
SCREENSHOTS (0.7.5b)

~~~~

Bomberman ©Hudson Soft/Konami 1983

This game is a work-in-progress. Everything is subject to change.

~~~~

Any feedback and support would be appreciated. Thanks for reading the thread and I hope you enjoy the game!

Last edited by Jei on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:49 pm
DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#2  Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 am  Reply with quote + 
This is very impressive, very good gameplay recreation and much fun. Good work!
I'm not a big fan of "Game Maker", but this is some good coding.

But - waaay too many selection screens....5 minutes till you get a game going, LOL. Select, select, select....
Maybe some "instant action" option, with default values?
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting. The number of screens before battle is typical for a Bomberman game, but a Quick Battle mode activation wouldn't hurt anybody. I'll work on that feature sometime.
DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks!

Other than that - it's really great recreation, with tons of themes and options....Great work!
Jei
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thank you!

Also, updated 0.1.2 version is up. It has a bunch of bugfixes (which are the primary reason why the update is up so early), Bombermen can get hit with the bombs and picking up an item makes the disease fly out.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
This is quite impressive.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for replying.

The development of the project hasn't stopped, it is getting more rich in content and gameplay is becoming more polished as well. There is already a lot of things to look forward to and more will appear, so stay tuned!
Screenshots below.
[Collapse Text]

Feel free to try out the current version (0.2.1). Feedback would be appreciated.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Posting as there is footage of upcoming version up. There is a lot of things coming up, including a new game mode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNK7cuD0H3E
DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#9  Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 am  Reply with quote + 
Looking fantastic :)
Omega
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:02 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm not interested in single mode, is there a online multiplayer mode already?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for replies. Online mode is still WIP - first tests have been done, but still a lot left to do.

0.3.1 is out! A lot of new things in here. Available stage number doubled and a lot of new unique items were added, some completely new.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20%282%29/powerbomberman031/powerbomberman031.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20%282%29/powerbomberman031/music.rar
Jei
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Next major version of the game will include a revamped Wide mode, inspired by Hi-Ten Bomberman. Dimensions of the stage are near identical (near because it is slightly wider, just as wide as in Saturn Bomberman). Instead of 10, 12 players are allowed, like in previous versions of this fangame.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20%282%29/b/screenshot326.png
Best played on PCs connected to widescreen TVs. ;)
[Collapse Text]

Current variants of the widescreen stage:
- Basic
- Conveyor belts, Warp points
- Curve marks, Screen-wrap passages
- "Power" stage, no softblocks, players start with powerups
- Trampolines, Seesaws, Screen-wrap passages
- Trolley cart, Revolving door, Screen-wrap passages
- Enemy spawnpoint, Double-hit softblocks, Curve marks
- Conveyor belts, Screen-wrap passages, Curve marks, Booster fields
Most likely more will be added. I am open for suggestions here.

Also, if you haven't downloaded 0.3.1 version yet, try it out!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20(2)/powerbomberman031/powerbomberman031.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20(2)/powerbomberman031/music.rar
Omega
Bomberbie

Post#13  Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Great so far but i have 2 suggestions.

- A option to deactivate all special items so you can get speed up, power and bomb items only
- bombs are exploding too quickly so it doesn't allow good players to play this game at his max (it's more of an lay bomb & hide instead of permanent attacking action.

Both suggestions are important for competitive play.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for feedback. All items, including steeds, can already be tweaked in before-match menu - you can turn off all of them. Also, variant A of Dungeon stage already has only Bomb-ups, Speed-ups and Fire-ups on. Bomb exploding speed is undergoing tweaks - currently in next version bomb duration is 16 frames longer than in 0.3.1.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
This is literally my dream PC Bomberman clone. All it needs left is a number of features from other bomberman games that allow more complex game setups and I will consider it the best bomberman game ever. Examples of that are being able to give each individual player powerups before starting the match and being able to set each individual AI its own difficulty level. Also, I'd really appreciate it if you added a clone of Robobomber stage from Bomberman party edition to the game. It's a stage where all the soft blocks are layed out in a checkered pattern and there is a large robot walking around the stage. If it stomps on you, you get stunned. It's feet can block your way. The real danger though is when it is blocking your way and it's large head torso is blocking your view while you are under it. I think the robot it self might be hard to implement though. :/
Also, I suggest changing bomb stop (kick stop) to a separate button, having 4 none directional buttons in total. All in all great work. hopefully this project grows into something much bigger.

EDIT: More feedback: there are seams in tiles that I'm sure you've already noticed, stun time is too short, make it so that the gauntlet's (the bomb throwing glove) default behavior is to throw right beside the opponent if the oppenent is not beyond the max throw distance (similar toi in other games). Also, a suggestion that you may or may not like to implement; make it so that if you are on the revenge bombercart, you can hold the bomb button for a max of 3.8 seconds to throw the bomb to a max distance of 6 squares. Distance depends on how long you've held the button. Lastly, bomb stop behavior is sort of erratic and sometimes the bomb does not stop at the tile it is nearest to.
EDIT2: Huh, didn't notice that you can adjust the strength of the bombercart throw. There is no way to tell how strong it will be after sdjusting it thoughm which is quite annoying.
EDIT3: I know exactly how the bombercart throw strength works now. :P I still preffer the other system though.
LASTEDITIPROMISE: Have super danger bombs already been implemented? In other games, you are allowed to pick whether or not they are made. They are made from kick 2 jelly bombs at each other. When they collide, they act like the danger bombs from other bombermans (grid explosion). The strength will depend on the strongest bomb that collides but there is a certain limit to the strength (max a quarter of the whole screen).
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Error:
Code:
for object bomber_obj:

Error in code at line 9:
       if ( s.z == 0 && s.zspeed == 0 && s.remote && s.alarm[0] > 60 )
              ^
at position 13: Unknown variable z

for object bomber_obj:

Error in code at line 9:
       if ( s.z == 0 && s.zspeed == 0 && s.remote && s.alarm[0] > 60 )
              ^
at position 13: Unknown variable z
A steed was causing it everytime I tried to use its power. I haven't been able to reproduce the bug more than the first time it happened.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting!
Someone64 wrote:
All it needs left is a number of features from other bomberman games that allow more complex game setups and I will consider it the best bomberman game ever. Examples of that are being able to give each individual player powerups before starting the match and being able to set each individual AI its own difficulty level.

I will be expanding the settings section, so the player can customize the game as they please.
Someone64 wrote:
Also, I'd really appreciate it if you added a clone of Robobomber stage from Bomberman party edition to the game. It's a stage where all the soft blocks are layed out in a checkered pattern and there is a large robot walking around the stage. If it stomps on you, you get stunned. It's feet can block your way. The real danger though is when it is blocking your way and it's large head torso is blocking your view while you are under it. I think the robot it self might be hard to implement though. :/

Graphics might be an issue here. My skills in this field are quite limited and Bomberman: Party Edition utilizes prerendered graphics as opposed to sprite-based 2D. Nonetheless I will try to make a stage with at least similar gimmick.
Someone64 wrote:
Also, I suggest changing bomb stop (kick stop) to a separate button, having 4 none directional buttons in total.

If the structure of the game doesn't get into the way here, will do.
Someone64 wrote:
there are seams in tiles that I'm sure you've already noticed,

Try setting the Rendering option to 320x224 or 320x224 Filtered.
Someone64 wrote:
stun time is too short,

Bomb stun takes from you up to 4 items, so this is a compensation. With default settings you generally gather more items than in Hudson games.
Someone64 wrote:
make it so that the gauntlet's (the bomb throwing glove) default behavior is to throw right beside the opponent if the oppenent is not beyond the max throw distance (similar toi in other games).

Will do.
Someone64 wrote:
Also, a suggestion that you may or may not like to implement; make it so that if you are on the revenge bombercart, you can hold the bomb button for a max of 3.8 seconds to throw the bomb to a max distance of 6 squares. Distance depends on how long you've held the button.

I might implement this method of manipulating revenge cart bomb distance, since in Wide stages more precision would be nice.
Someone64 wrote:
Lastly, bomb stop behavior is sort of erratic and sometimes the bomb does not stop at the tile it is nearest to.

Will be looked into.
Someone64 wrote:
Have super danger bombs already been implemented? In other games, you are allowed to pick whether or not they are made. They are made from kick 2 jelly bombs at each other. When they collide, they act like the danger bombs from other bombermans (grid explosion). The strength will depend on the strongest bomb that collides but there is a certain limit to the strength (max a quarter of the whole screen).
Dangerous bombs haven't been implemented yet, but they might appear in the next version of the game.
Someone64 wrote:
A steed was causing it everytime I tried to use its power. I haven't been able to reproduce the bug more than the first time it happened.

Will look into, thanks for the report.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:11 am  Reply with quote + 
I just noticed that you can throw a bomb from the cart while the previous bomb you just threw is exploding, allowing you to throw the bomb on the explosion to cause a chain reaction. I guess either the bombs' fuses are too short or you can throw them to fast. Most likely the latter. Also, another request. Can you make it so that you can hold a button to make the cart move faster?

I think the only thing hard about making the art assets for the robot is making the giant head. The Party edition used many... uh, shiny circle spiites instead of pre animating the legs and adding them to the robot. So I guess all you need to do sort of copy the way it does it and maybe even screenshot or rip the head sprite from Party edition and you have yourself a giant robot.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
I just noticed that you can throw a bomb from the cart while the previous bomb you just threw is exploding, allowing you to throw the bomb on the explosion to cause a chain reaction. I guess either the bombs' fuses are too short or you can throw them to fast. Most likely the latter.

Decided to bring this over from Super Bomberman 5 as this expands your scope of attack while on revenge cart.
Someone64 wrote:
Also, another request. Can you make it so that you can hold a button to make the cart move faster?

I made the cart faster than in Hudson games in order to eliminate the need to hold the button, as personally I found myself holding it all the time if it affected the speed. Thought it'd be easier this way.
Someone64 wrote:
I think the only thing hard about making the art assets for the robot is making the giant head. The Party edition used many... uh, shiny circle spiites instead of pre animating the legs and adding them to the robot. So I guess all you need to do sort of copy the way it does it and maybe even screenshot or rip the head sprite from Party edition and you have yourself a giant robot.

Yeah, I played that stage soon after posting and it shouldn't be that difficult to pull off.

EDIT: Added Robo Bomber from Party Edition, it's a variant for city stage as of now, due to matching themes. Might undergo some graphical polishing.
[Collapse Text]
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 am  Reply with quote + 
Hmm... I'd preffer it if the car layout is the same too since it suits the robot more. As in, a checkered layout. Also, the balls that make up the legs have outlines that make them look a little strange. If the outlines were more subtle or even non-existent, they would blend together better instead of actually looking like a bunch of circles put together. Lastly, the reason I requested that you add the speed button is I actually want the cart to go even faster than it already is, despite you saying that the default you set is already quite fast. I just need the speed key to get around the stage faster when I'm done killing someone all the way to the left side of the stage and I want to go right. Plus, there's still a spare button when you're on the cart anyway... Unless the other button ALSO adjusts throw strength.

EDIT: you think using a power glove to throw someone into a 1 ton to instakill him is unbalanced? It can be annoying sometimes but I think that's how it's supossed to be.

EDIT2:More bug reports and design flaws: can't use detonator when you have certain other power-up even if you have no bombs around (and even if it's the most recently picked up power up AND I don't have a powerup that overrides the button for it). Line bomb should be binded to another button (any as long as it's not also the bomb laying button. B or C would work I think). AIs tend to kill themselves all the time when they have the power up that allows them to pass through blocks. Happens even when they are completely alone (e.g. in the extra large stage when they are isolated in the corner and they have at least 1 bomb-up and there are no oppenents to bother him while he farms). Remote bombs stay forever when thier owners die (intentional?). Lastly, a suggestion. This might annoy the crap out of people playing when they can't see them but... can you allow remote bombs and mines power-ups to sort of combine you you can detonate mines?
BTW, are warp things supossed to send you back to themselves? As in, it sends me up to the sky and often just puts me back in the exact same position as I was before very often.

Last edited by Someone64 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:23 am
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 45 Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3098s
Index - Back to Top