[Replies: 38]  [Views: 8760]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Since I, too, didn't find any citation for the Bomberman rumor other than that wikia page, I sent BDR on a Google hunt to potentially dig up Japanese corroboration. That hunt is still in progress, but he did find a video of this mod that apparently(?) uses Olimar as a base (I'm not familiar with how Smash mods work).

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#22  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:42 am  Reply with quote + 
I agree that it makes sense to have K. Rool in the game, but he's still an ugly character that I don't like, yet I understand that's irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not he should be in Smash, which he should be if you ask me. However, you're arguing that DK deserves a 3rd character before Hudson even gets a 1st character, despite their extensive history with Nintendo.

And before you start arguing 1st party vs. 3rd party, K. Rool is a creation of Rare, NOT Nintendo.

I think they both deserve a spot for different reasons. fans obviously want K. Rool, and Bomberman/Hudson deserves the respect they've earned from Nintendo.

There isn't a trace of Hudson anywhere in Smash Bros. not even a trophy. Of Hudson Soft, the company that developed every decent Mario Party game! I'm sorry, but that's a tragedy. Bomberman should have at the very least been an assist trophy.

But thankfully Nintendo has decided to add at least a few more characters to their roster, which means we can both win, and there's little reason to argue further.

I'm personally optimistic for my favorite character in gaming. :cool:  And you can't (shouldn't want to) change that.
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks Sora, I'll look around too.

I think that mod is a great example of how Bomberman could work in Smash. He's also a playable character in a couple Smash fan games, which I love! :veryhappy: 
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#24  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:48 am  Reply with quote + 
If they operated on your logic, literally anything that has ever come into contact with Nintendo for any reason would be in the game, and that's kind of impossible.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#25  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:03 am  Reply with quote + 
We also found this video of a Bomberman-inspired stage. The link is NND, though, so unless you have an account there you won't be able to watch it. Essentially it's the standard Bomberman grid stage set vertically, and it's two Links battling each other inside it using mostly bombs to whittle down each other's HP count.

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:23 am  Reply with quote + 
OKAY SO. 10 pages of searching "Rumors of Bomberman in Smash," 25 pages of "Smash Brothers Bomberman," and a foray into 2ch (all in Japanese) have turned up pretty much nothing but mere speculation and wishful thinking.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#27  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:19 am  Reply with quote + 
That's sad :cry:  doesn't break my argument though :cool: 

#VoteBomber
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
I get the feeling that Vent doesn't really understand what I'm saying.

I already stated much earlier that it makes sense for K. Rool to be a part of the roster, and that it is incredibly likely that he will be. That was never a part of my argument.

All I was saying is that I think he's a dumb character.

Does he need to be intimidating? No. Does he need to be funny? No. You're missing my point.

My point is that, if you're going to have a villain, it needs to be... something. If I encounter the main villain of a game, I should feel something toward it, even if it's just superficial. When playing a Donkey Kong game, I feel nothing about K. Rool except that he's a dumb and ugly-looking character.

It's fine to have a dumb villain, but I'm not talking about his personality here. I'm saying that his entire existence is dumb.

Motivations don't need to be complex so long as they make some kind of sense. Bomberman tries to save his planet, save the galaxy, rescue innocent creatures, stereotypical stuff. That's fine (Also, he's a silent protagonist - I find it kind of funny that you brought him into the argument when you've earlier asserted that you prefer video game protagonists to be blank slates for the player to project upon). K. Rool steals bananas because... he's a douchebag? Why? It is stated that he doesn't even like or need them. Is his motivation really just that he's an idiot and an asshole?

I could play a Donkey Kong Country game without K. Rool even existing in the game and the experience would feel just the same. That's what I'm trying to say. Don't take so much offense, man.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
Since I, too, didn't find any citation for the Bomberman rumor other than that wikia page, I sent BDR on a Google hunt to potentially dig up Japanese corroboration. That hunt is still in progress, but he did find a video of this mod that apparently(?) uses Olimar as a base (I'm not familiar with how Smash mods work).
Pretty sure that particular mod is actually a western creation, just recorded by Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EaiY1qkRnA
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207331
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, that vid even has a Final Smash for Bomberman! I didn't recall seeing it in the first one I linked. I think it's super-cute that he ducks for cover after tossing off a Dangerous Bomb, lol.

lgnmcrules
Bomberbie

Post#31  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman DLC :peace:  > Everyone Elses DLC
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#32  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Someone did a Smashified Bomberman design! ...well, I mean, I've seen a couple of Smashified Bomberman designs around, but this one has a time lapse video with a bitchin' theme remix here. There are some interesting design choices.

AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#33  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I saw that yesterday and was so happy to see Bomberman getting any attention! It was all really good too! :peace: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#34  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:34 am  Reply with quote + 
I also found this compilation of various Smashified Bombermans!

legato
Bomberman

Post#35  Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
All this stuff makes my heart happy. :star: 
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#36  Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have given several warnings, in Deviantart and Facebook, this has really helped a bit, as Bomberman entered the list of top rated characters, not winning, but its popularity has increased (and also by the name of the Spanish version called "Don pepe y los globos"(Don Pepe and balloons)" :perplex: 

but I wonder, one can vote on the same computer with different servers? as Chrome, Mozilla, Explorer, Safari, etc. :normal: 

I also found this compilation of various Smashified Bombermans!

oh, I must finish my version as soon as possible (Maybe I will surprise more than one with a small surprise) :laugh: 

I know the best character of Bomberman Super Smash Bros Brawl, its base is Luigi, but has its own powers like throwing bombs, grab their bombs, and others, the download link died, but I still have the file :peace: 
Bomberman

Post#37  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, unfortunately it seems Bomberman won't make it into Smash. In a recent Nintendo Direct, they announced the final two characters being added to the roster which includes the winner of the Smash Ballot.

I won't ruin it here but I'm sure most people know by now. The winner was ranked #1 in Europe and in the top 5 in the US according to the direct. Take a look at the direct if you wanna see. It shows them around the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1JERhUoQoU
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#38  Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
Well, unfortunately it seems Bomberman won't make it into Smash. In a recent Nintendo Direct, they announced the final two characters being added to the roster which includes the winner of the Smash Ballot.

I won't ruin it here but I'm sure most people know by now. The winner was ranked #1 in Europe and in the top 5 in the US according to the direct. Take a look at the direct if you wanna see. It shows them around the end.

yes... it's very sad :cry: 
Board Moderator

Post#39  Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:

At least the character somewhat makes sense. Which is much more than can be said of Cloud *beep*ing Strife getting in. :mad: 

Yes, I'm mad.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2342s
Index - Back to Top