[Replies: 38]  [Views: 8701]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Like the title says, Nintendo has announced they are taking requests for characters to add to smash bros as future DLC. This is a golden opportunity to throw Bomberman's name out there. The link below is where you can make an entry so let's give it a shot bomber fans!

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
View user profile Send Private Message
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry, but I voted for King K. Rool. :oops: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've done my civic duty. :cool: 

Even if I never play the game myself.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, boy, I can't wait to be soundly disappointed by the results!

:happy: 

:shifty: 

:cry: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Maybe if we wish hard enough and all put our hands in the air at the same time, it'll come true.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Popular options seem to be K. Rool, Banjo Kazooey & Shovel Knight.

Bomberman is bobbing around 4th/5th place.

That said, Shovel Knight is a game that hasn't been released in Japan and only shifted 300k units, so it doesn't seem too feasible, Banjo Kazooey is a Microsoft Property so that is colossally unlikely to happen too. There is therefore reason to be optimistic.

I don't see the appeal of putting K. Rool in myself but thats probably because I haven't played any of the Donkey Kongs.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Maybe you should.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
@Hammer Bomber: Where'd you get those rankings from?

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Microsoft said they'd be willing to allow Banjo Kazooie in Smash, also with all the buzz about Rare lately I wouldn't be suprised.

Regardless I've been posting my opinion everywhere I can on the internet to ralley voters, feel free to use my words as ammunition if you feel like fighting the good fight!

My vote, and my reasons.

Bomberman

1. The first crossover game to feature a Nintendo character was Wario Blast feat. Bomberman for the Gameboy in 1994.
2. Bomberman’s unique use of bombs over the course of his 50+ titles would make for an interesting and fun move-set with a style that compliments the feel of Smash.
3. Bomberman has been a gaming icon since 1983 as the mascot for Hudson Soft, the first 3rd party developer to have a game on a Nintendo console, Binary Land for the Famicom.
4. Obvious, yet awesome alt costumes.

#VoteBomber
legato
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for helping out the cause AtomicPoetryPunk! I seriously miss Bomberman some days and wish he had more games. We can do this! We can keep his spirit alive!
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:37 am  Reply with quote + 
The way I see it, if we get Bomberman in Smash then he will be an incredible addition to one of my favorite games, but more importantly it will be some much needed exposure for Bomberman to the modern audience. I get the feeling that most gamers today have never been exposed to Bomberman and if we can just cross that gap then Bomberman's adorable charm will do the rest of the work. Also, a place in Smash would mean the creation of a beautiful Bomberman amiibo, and subsequent titles for the Wii U and 3DS.

I also see that it is more likely than we may think that Bomberman is chosen, considering the history Nintendo has with the late Hudson Soft, and how Bomberman represents Hudson's legacy. Bomberman is a lot more popular in Japan than America, so we can expect some votes from them, not to mention his popularity in spanish speaking countries. There's also the fact that Sakurai (Smash creator) originally wanted Bomberman to appear in Brawl, but that was right when all the crazy stuff was happening with Konami/Hudson and they couldn't work out a deal. And Bomberman can't be worth very much to Konami right now, so I see that it's possible.

Bottom line, I'm a recklessly optimistic individual and I want nothing more right now than Bomberman 3DS. I don't want to see a gaming icon die, and from what I can tell this might be Bomberman's last chance, so I'm trying to convince as many people to vote as possible to vote. :flame: 

Sorry if I'm a bit too dramatic, I can't help it, I'm a poet. :oops: 
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:31 am  Reply with quote + 
AtomicPoetryPunk wrote:
There's also the fact that Sakurai (Smash creator) originally wanted Bomberman to appear in Brawl, but that was right when all the crazy stuff was happening with Konami/Hudson and they couldn't work out a deal.

[citation needed]

Spoiler:
PS: Unless you can go back in time and convince everybody who already voted for Shovel Knight, K. Rool, Wonder Red, or any other character who isn't Bomberman, it's highly unlikely he's getting in.

Spoiler:
PPS: We're never getting Bomberman 3DS. Ever.
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:22 am  Reply with quote + 
"Another rumored third party brawler named Bomberman was originally going to be in the game but Hudson didn't want him to be in Brawl for unknown reasons."
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Rumors

Now I realize that this is a sentence taken off of a collection of rumors, but I remember reading a statement from Sakurai a while back where he actually said that he wanted Bomberman in there, but Hudson said no. Unfortunately I can't find the primary source right now. So you can believe me or not, I don't think it's too farfetched, but I'm not gonna get too worked up over it either way.

I can't go back in time, but I do know that Shovel Knight has not been released in Japan, which diminishes his chances, Wonder Red would be a smart move by Nintendo, and I don't really like the idea of K. Rool myself, as he was always my least favorite part of the Donkey Kong games. Still if you'd rather see him in there then more power to you, I'm not gonna try and convince you otherwise, besides, you've obviously already voted. My point is simply that it's not impossible, we have no idea how many characters will be selected so we could get several characters. Another point to consider is that Nintendo has never said that it will come down to directly a popular vote, they're just taking our opinions into consideration, but they're ultimately making the final decision on their own. For all we know our votes could be completely arbitrary and my personal opinion is that we will mostly be seeing characters returning from other Smash games.

And finally, when I say Bomberman 3DS I mean a Bomberman title on the 3DS, because Bomberman Blitz isn't doing it for me. It could be anything and I'd be happy, it doesn't have to be the beautiful looking game that Konami ripped from us.

Again, I'm choosing to be recklessly optimistic on this, if you're not then I don't blame you at all. Sorry you disagree, but I've yet to see reason to give up hope. Not looking to make enemies here. :sad: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#14  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:27 am  Reply with quote + 
AtomicPoetryPunk wrote:
Another point to consider is that Nintendo has never said that it will come down to directly a popular vote, they're just taking our opinions into consideration, but they're ultimately making the final decision on their own.

Actually, this is a good point. They did give us a textbox in which to lay out our reasoning, so presumably some attention will be paid to that.

I also don't really like K. Rool (kind of a stupid and ugly character in my opinion), but if people want him, considering Donkey Kong has been a part of Smash Bros. since the beginning, I imagine it's incredibly likely.

(Vent just has strong opinions and isn't afraid to voice them; please don't take it too personally. :oops:  )
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
A totally unsubstantiated rumor on what looks a poorly-maintained Wikia is not a source.

Vague anecdote is not a source either.

Realistically speaking, we're not getting another Bomberman title.

Spoiler:
Also, plasm is kind of a stupid and ugly character in my opinion. :peace: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#16  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not sure why you're still on about the "new Bomberman game" thing as it was clearly just a hopeful aside.

I agree that there wasn't a source provided though he did admit that it wasn't a viable source.

K. Rool is dumb. His character's motives are vague and confusing. His character design is ugly to look at. He looks more like a goofy doodle than a villain. As the primary antagonist, he doesn't seem particularly powerful or intimidating or... or anything, really. I feel almost nothing toward the character, even while playing a game like DK64 in which he regularly appears in cutscenes. I can't take him seriously, and on the other side of things, I can't even find him humorous.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman has all the personality of a saltine cracker and a design that an elementary schooler could draw, yet everybody here wants him in.
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 am  Reply with quote + 
To be fair, you're on a Bomberman message board :shifty:  I should hope everybody here wants him in...
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#19  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Also, I love saltine crackers, and Bomberman is an adorable killing machine. :heart: 
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah well, I don't see what's wrong with having ill-defined motives in a game that's not story-driven in the slightest. Nor do I see what's wrong with being ugly or goofy in a game that generally takes after western cartoons. Nor do I see why he needs to be powerful or intimidating in a game that doesn't really rely on who the final boss is a character in order to illicit reactions from the player (also, I thought he was pretty intimidating and powerful in DK64, so I dunno what filter plasm is looking through). Nor do I see why he needs to be taken seriously or be funny for.... any reason at all, really (although he is a riot in the infamous Donkey Kong Country cartoon). I want him there because DK deserves a third character, DK deserves his archenemy (Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede and arguably Mewtwo are all present, and Wolf was present in the previous game), and the Kremlings missed their cue for two games straight. This is the perfect opportunity to bring K. Rool back, regardless of what plasm thinks of him.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2755s
Index - Back to Top