Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
-

Last edited by Plasma Bomber on Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:20 am
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:35 am  Reply with quote + 
I really like it. The level generation is cool and the game is quite fun. Haven't gotten past the first level yet, though. Just 2 problems with it. First, I don't like how your momentum in the air continues even after you let go of a directional button. If you're gonna give us air control might as well go all the way. Particularly annoying when you drop off a ledge and you end up going too far because you didn't press the other direction immediately. I like it better when it just leaves a bit of your momentum left when you let go like most other games. Maybe it's like that in the orginal Pocket Bomberman and that's why you made it like that. I guess it's bearable but platformers really bring out the worst in me... specially when you mix it with a roguelite. :P Second, and this only applies to keyboard, pressing one direction then pressing the other at the same time after the first only overrides for when holding left and then pressing or holding right. Makes it less responsive to switch from right to left than left to right as people tend to hold the other side before letting go when pressing the other.

EDIT: Made it past the first floor! Yay!
Jei
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I gave this game a shot a while ago, but were quite busy lately, so I didn't post. Didn't get to the second stage, I'll give it another shot soon.

Pretty solid stuff. I like the rogue-like approach to this, makes the game feel much less stale. I think you should consider peppering around a bit more obstacles and items, perhaps some being rarely available - this could make the playthroughs even more varied. Difficulty level will be on spot after you get the platforming more polished.

Graphics are very decent. It's nice that you settled for making original sprites/sounds for this game, this gives it it's own flair. Music needs a bit more work, though - some notes sound off compared to the originals (especially evident in stage start theme), perhaps instruments could've been chosen better too. Some simple tweaks here and there will definitely help it.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:37 am  Reply with quote + 
-
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Orange Ball Commented:
["Good Grief", You used Charlie Brown's Catchphrase.]
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 am  Reply with quote + 
"Good grief" has been in common vernacular for perhaps fifty years, due to the Peanuts comic strips. Are you aware that "in a pickle" and "dead as a doornail" and "bated breath" were all penned by William Shakespeare, and never exsited in common vernacular before his plays hit the stage?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah physics seemed to be getting in my way less than I remember they did in the old version, so that's definitely a good change

There is one thing I'd like to suggest though, if the player only marginally hits the ceiling with the side border of their hitbox, they should be corrected and just keep going instead of hitting the ceiling, that ought to make the navigation a bit nicer, since there is a lot of tight passages in this game.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Good call, I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for posting.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:44 am  Reply with quote + 
-
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1682s
Index - Back to Top