View user profile Send Private Message
DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#23  Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jei
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi! I see you've used the 2009 engine of mine, which is pretty neat! However, it has some flawed design decisions. If you are willing to continue the GM branch of the project, I could provide you the basics of my newer engine.
DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#25  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 am  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
Hi! I see you've used the 2009 engine of mine, which is pretty neat!

Oh, thank you! What's neat about it - it's your engine :) I'm a Spriter, and a pretty bad coder.

I was on "Game Maker" forums (under the same nick) many years ago (before I left them, I actually started on those forums...I was even making games with Clik&Play, the program before Game Maker - so old I am, heh heh), had many unfinished GM projects (I'd still love to donate to someone/anyone who can finish them), including a successful cDoom ("Contra-style Doom") - which I messed up as a messy coder, "Road Fighter" advanced remake, "Battle City"advanced remake and more...........

But then I left for Doom modding (was among the rest a spriter for "Skulltag" and maker of it's "Double Resolution pack"), then moved to Wolf3D modding (where I'm most known currently), then added "Commander Keen" modding community to my interests (being old Keen fan) - so now I (with my modding team) make advanced Wolf3D mods - and I also separately started "BomberKeen" project over Keen forums.
We try to make it in DOS - but also in Game Maker.

I've made tons of art for it - we have at this point 31 (!) fully-arted characters from Keen universe (including unofficial TUIT trilogy), 19 Keenish themes, special Keenish powerups planned, Story mode (maybe with wolrd map where each level is a battle), different game modes (CTF, Keenminator, Overload...), special behaviour and powers for each creature, Bosses, creature upgrades etc etc etc.....this is very promicing project, exciting....

But I'm a bad/messy Game Maker coder...and coder in general...I'm a Spriter....so without exprienced GM coder to join - the Game Maker version will get stuck... :(

Do you want to be the coder of this? You're so professional and talented, your coding is simply fantastic! People on Keen forums have much fun playing this.

Quote:
If you are willing to continue the GM branch of the project, I could provide you the basics of my newer engine.

Sure! Why not? I can change this to a more flawless version of your engine.
What are the advancements? Is skull powerup added? Heart? Remote control? Better compter AI?

There are some things there I find less comfortable - like it's hard to support new themes...
Jei
Bomberman

Post#26  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Unfortunately, I am unable to help you out as a coder, as I am busy with life and other projects. However, I can try to help you out with specific problems if you stumble upon some while coding.

The newer engine is superior to the older one in every way, especially from the inside. It is much easier to add new content, has better AI and is better optimized.
DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#27  Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
Unfortunately, I am unable to help you out as a coder, as I am busy with life and other projects. However, I can try to help you out with specific problems if you stumble upon some while coding.

I understand. Thank you in advance for any help and advice. Any sort and form of help will be preciated.
DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#28  Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:00 am  Reply with quote + 
Project is progressing :)

DoomJedi
Bomberbie

Post#29  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 am  Reply with quote + 
We're looking for a coder for this project. If you're interested - please contact me.

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1705s
Index - Back to Top