Legato's Thread of Bomberman Stuff
[Replies: 117]  [Views: 28413]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#101  Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just wanna caption that gif of Cute Pink with "Whip It Good," lulz.

I forget how far I got with this game but it definitely wasn't 100%. Thanks for suffering so I don't have to! Did you do a capture of the 100% ending though?

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
legato
Bomberman

Post#102  Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
I do! I'm going to upload it today. :peace: 

Edit:
[Collapse] Whip It Good!
legato
Bomberman

Post#103  Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Just a small post today. I recently stumbled upon a version of Panic Bomber released for the FM Towns, a Japanese home computer. This one seems to have gone completely under the radar so I gave it a play. It feels exactly like the Neo Geo version except with different music and some different art. Your opponent's column has some art of them inside it and it appears to be unique to this version. I don't recall seeing it in any other Panic Bomber game (or any Bomberman game in general for that matter.)

[Collapse] Opponent Artwork

How neat! Bakebake has a yellow hat when he normally has a blue one and Baguro...is way different. He looks like an old man in a robe? Wasn't expecting to see that in the final stage lol. I'll leave a download below for anyone interested.

https://mega.nz/#F!6XxXFSBZ!HBpQJhGYNTWJsz3YWs_KQg
legato
Bomberman

Post#104  Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:46 am  Reply with quote + 
When playing Bomberman 2 for DS recently, I noticed how cool the enemy avatars are. I decided to put them together in a collage. They're organized by level and you can see at the end they really threw some palette swaps at ya.

[Collapse Text]
legato
Bomberman

Post#105  Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Another thing I've been working on putting together is a collage of Super Game Boy borders from the Bomberman series. You'll notice the second Quest one has no screenshot. I tried but I was unable to actually load it for myself so I had to use the one from the The Cutting Room Floor's page. Another strange one is that Fighting Phoenix one. It's from Super B-Daman Fighting Phoenix on Game Boy and although Bomberman is not in the border, he appears all over that game so I felt it was worth sharing.

https://imgur.com/U1vQ4hn
legato
Bomberman

Post#106  Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Greetings all. After a few weeks of struggling, I was able to complete the Japanese version of Custom Battler Bomberman. I was unable to use the same action replay codes as before so I had to press on and endure, thankfully aided by save states. I discovered upon completion that many of the special costumes in this version are unique. Have a look.

[Collapse] Custom Battler Bomberman

These costumes are in place of Star Bomber, Cap'n Boom, and Pretty Bomber. Max is still the same. The abilities are all the same across the board except the schoolgirl looks different visually. She swings her bag to stun enemies and can also destroy soft blocks. How silly!

Lastly here are some links for save states to both versions of the game that way you at home can try these out. I used Desmume to play this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghizm43oi29j18z/custom%20battler%20japan.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wy7c9g2v1fo9dc3/2%20DS%20states.7z?dl=0

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#107  Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Whoah, I wouldn't have thought that the costumes would be different between the Japanese and English versions. That's so strange...!

That being said, whapping someone with a schoolbag is pretty funny.

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
legato
Bomberman

Post#108  Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey all. Time for another game update. Today I have Same Game for Game Boy.

[Collapse] Same Game
It wasn't until I was looking into Super Game Boy borders that I discovered this game even existed. After having played the Super Famicom version, I wasn't expecting to see this game again but here I am.

This game is pretty similar to its Super Famicom counterpart. It has a mode where you try to clear the board of similar shapes for a high score and a mode where you try to clear specific challenges to advance. The challenge mode has 100 stages and a password system so you can come back to them anytime. Originally I was trying to tackle every stage individually when I became fed up and started entering random passwords. It got me all the way through the game except I never did find level 99's password. Oh well.

[Collapse] Passwords
1 - 2269
2 - 5365
3 - 1791
4 - 3873
5 - 9049
6 - 7475
7 - 7093
8 - 3732
9 - 9018
10 - 2953
11 - 5493
12 - 2767
13 - 8658
14 - 2534
15 - 8407
16 - 1030
17 - 4793
18 - 7236
19 - 9334
20 - 8741

Bomberman stages end

21 - 6059
22 - 8160
23 - 8510
24 - 1623
25 - 3759
26 - 6425
27 - 9658
28 - 7690
29 - 1957
30 - 4220
31 - 5862
32 - 9981
33 - 7987
34 - 2615
35 - 1305
36 - 7354
37 - 4628
38 - 1184
39 - 5017
40 - 9567 (same game title)
41 - 9845
42 - 4413
43 - 5754
44 - 6206
45 - 4546
46 - 7240
47 - 2980
48 - 4832
49 - 1559
50 - 6872 (? marks)
51 - 2338
52 - 1820
53 - 1448
54 - 8239
55 - 8895 (controller)
56 - 5528
57 - 1115
58 - 6133
59 - 6640
60 - 3598
61 - 9290
62 - 4105
63 - 2048
64 - 3026
65 - 7849
66 - 3101 (bomberman face?)
67 - 7518
68 - 6754
69 - 9796
70 - 3212
71 - 4081
72 - 4989
73 - 5741 (four controllers)
74 - 3969
75 - 2155
76 - 7107
77 - 9472
78 - 5996
79 - 7761
80 - 8384
81 - 9121
82 - 8976
83 - 1250
84 - 8023
85 - 3356
86 - 2865
87 - 3461
88 - 6967
89 - 5634
90 - 4662
91 - 3640
92 - 6318
93 - 8962
94 - 2451
95 - 5180
96 - 5208
97 - 9503
98 - 4359

100 - 2948

Now for some images. Don't mind the Super Game Boy borders.

The hardest thing to discover were these little screens with Honey and Kotetsu. They appear every 10 stages that are cleared.

And that's about it. Not a lot to say about this game but a few little nuggets worth discovering.
legato
Bomberman

Post#109  Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Been a while all. I've been busy with some random projects and I have a few things worth sharing.

My biggest project was working on ripping all of the voice work I could from Bomberman Generation and Jetters for Gamecube. I extracted the English voices from both games but only the Japanese from Generation. The Jetters Japanese already exists on this site. It exists under the PS2 entry.

https://www.sounds-resource.com/gamecube/B.html

Next I've continued my work making GIFs of Bomberman stuff. Almost every game I cover on my channel I take time to make GIFs of. Currently I'm working my way through the Super series and games 1-3 are up. 4 and 5 will follow in the coming weeks. I also plan on making some from the Jetters anime so stay tuned for that.

https://mega.nz/#F!KeQHXAoI!B2E9h63ctkFRj4vEmZSuZw

Lastly, thanks to a user on Twitter, I found another anime reference of Bomberman. Kochikame Episode 72 features a moment where the group can be seen playing a Pig version of Bomberman. The short clip can be seen on my channel but here's a picture.

That's all for now friends. Take care.
legato
Bomberman

Post#110  Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Greetings all.

Thanks to the help of Razon, I was able to complete the challenges in Bomberman Blast for Japan. It unlocks taunts for the battle mode however I was still missing one. The final taunt can be unlocked by completing Bomberman for Beginners, the tutorial mode and when I did, I had completed everything in the game.

Upon doing so, I received a few messages:

[Collapse Text]

legato
Bomberman

Post#111  Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hello again everyone. Been over a year now since I've posted. I still make videos but now that I'm a dad time is sparse. Here's a few things I've got since my last post:

I recently worked on getting some files from Bomberman games on Xbox 360. Live, Live Battlefest, and Act Zero are all in this pack. It was a simple guide and extracting was as easy as using a usb and a program to extract, much simpler than other systems. I'm not familiar with looking at models or anything so feel free to let me know what exactly some of these files are.

Xbox 360 Bomberman Rips: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qGIZqxAxgcbGDoHm8Zz3KUz9vQAO0kMF?usp=sharing

To show you how much of a madman I am, here's a picture of my 360. My usb wouldn't fit so I broke the plastic around it to make it fit. https://imgur.com/OSYoIWb

I also took the liberty of hacking my Switch some months ago and extracting stuff from Super Bomberman R. Many of you are familiar with this already but I figured it needed a place to be shared.

SBR Extracted Stuff: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GIVfsYJZSDIqDIoSWTlKQXRsIPmokZLM
legato
Bomberman

Post#112  Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberfan5656
Bombertrainee

Post#113  Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:24 am  Reply with quote + 
I say, this is a really good repository you've got here!

I eagerly await any further additions you may bring to this thread! :veryhappy: 
legato
Bomberman

Post#114  Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey all. It's been a long time since I posted so I figured I'd stop by. Hope everybody has been doing well, given how crazy the last few years have been. My life has no shortage of twists and turns either!

As far as my channel, I've hit a bit of a wall. I've made many Bomberman videos but for the most part, I feel I've covered just about everything I can. That and coupled with the fact that I now have two kids, time has gotten really scarce.

Given this, I have taken up other grunt work for the Bomberman series. In particular I have been ripping sounds effects and sprites from most games that I can. It's a newer endeavor so I'm not as skilled as I like to be, but hopefully I learn more in time. Below are the links to my pages on the vg resource. You'll find a variety of sprites such as Bomberman Land 1, 2, and 3, Kart DX, Super Bomberman R/Online, Online Dreamcast, both B-Daman GBC games and more. In terms of sounds, there are plenty of voices from many of the Bomberman games. I had a good amount of help with those from various friends.

Sprites: https://www.spriters-resource.com/submitter/SteamyJ/
Sounds: https://www.sounds-resource.com/submitter/SteamyJ/

Of other particular interest are the B-Daman CDs. The Bakugaiden animes had many CD singles and over the course of the last year, I managed to acquire them all. It took a lot of obsessive lurking over auction sites but I found them. They can all be listened to on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnbb6NNT9hUZ__rwNiQbv9d43A3qK7aaH

Here's an image of everything I found:
[Collapse Text]

In a similar vein, I also acquired the 5 B-Daman story mangas. I took up a new skill of learning how to separate the pages in order to get cleaner scans of them. I used a rasp (a filing tool) to wear the binding down and the pages were able to separate pretty easily. It was nerve wracking at the beginning but after a few tries, you learn to roll with it. Thankfully I made it through without ruining any pages!

Here's an archive page that links to the mangas and the CDs: https://archive.org/details/bombermanbdamanstuff

And here's an image of the 5 books for those curious:
[Collapse Text]

Speaking of, I have been meticulously archiving anything Bomberman I can find. This includes many books and manuals scanned by Ragey as well as anything I've purchased/scanned myself. You can search by the game name if you want to narrow down results. I tried to be descriptive where I can.

https://archive.org/details/@steamyjimmy

Another interesting thing I stumbled across was an art contest in Bomberman Land 1. Apparently the top winners had their art made into characters in the game! There were some really bizarre entries like a hilarious stick figure and even Cigarette Bomber?! Have a look see!

Funny:
[Collapse Text]

Winners:
[Collapse Text]

The full contest contains over 2300 entries! I had no idea there were so many passionate fans of Bomberman, and this was back in the year 2000! While some are funny, others are quite good. There's a certain charm to seeing people put their hearts into it and the devs acknowledging it. It was a touching discovery.

The full contest can be viewed after completing the game and going to the third floor of the Tower. Or you can just view them all here if you please: https://archive.org/details/bombermanland1artcontest

While journeying into the auction sites for CDs and Mangas, I also stopped by ebay to try and continue work on scanning difficult to find Bomberman Boxes/Manuals. I would say that nearly every game should have a high quality scan by now. Of interest are games like Bomberman Quest and Bomberman II (US versions.) Have a look.

Quest: https://archive.org/details/bombermanquestmanual
II: https://archive.org/details/bombermanii

Probably my biggest find was the Bomberman Max Complete Data Versions. From what I've learned, there are two versions: one for Bomberman and one for Max. There were only 75 carts released of both versions for a total of 150 in the wild. I extracted the rom files and it would seem they are identical to their original counterparts. The only thing significant here is the gold labels and a paper that was inserted into the box. The paper explains that a perfect save was put on file 2.

Eessentially it's just there for bragging about. You have a shiny gold label and a piece of paper that explains the devs giving you a perfect save. Be sure not to delete it though! At least we can put one Bomberman mystery to rest. All materials (including roms) can be found on the archive page but I'll post the insert and it's translation just for you folks.

Insert:
[Collapse Text]

Translation:
[Collapse Text]
"Bomberman Max Complete data version

Congratulation on your selection.

This Bomberman Max complete data version is not for sale.

For questions about this product, please use the contacts below.

For questions concerning the game content's contact Hudson game support center, detail are on the back of the manual included with the game.

For questions concerning a defective product contact the Hudson soft Bomberman department.

Business hours: 10AM - 5PM

Closed on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays

Phone number 03-3542-4625

Attention:

The complete data is already saved onto file 2. If you want to play with the complete data, please select file 2. If you delete or save over file 2, the complete data will be lost, so be careful.

(Except in the case of a defective product this product can not be repaired or replaced)"

Archive link: https://archive.org/details/bombermanmaxcompletedataversion

And that's about it. There's plenty more worth yakking about but you'll have to nose around the archive yourself. I'll try to post a little more from time to time for the sake of sharing these things. It's worth noting that anyone and everyone is free to copy, share and do whatever you want with these materials. I take no ownership of them and credit really isn't necessary. I just want to help preserve Bomberman stuff and share this stuff with those who find it interesting.

I hope you all found this post interesting and until the next one, pack a bag we're off to Burma!
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#115  Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:37 am  Reply with quote + 
Amazing work as always, legato. RE: separating manga pages, the method I've been employing is using a hair dryer to soften the glue until the pages can be gently pulled out. YMMV on whether that's more or less tedious than your method. Good luck with the kiddos!

legato
Bomberman

Post#116  Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well hello Sora! Thanks for the well wishes!

I had considered using a hair dryer for the pages but I was worried the glue would become soft and sticky. I was worried it would stick and make a mess of my scanner. I'm unsure if anyone else has had that problem before.

I actually read a story about a guy who had a Godzilla manga. He put it in the microwave to heat it up. The pages started to flap up and loosen and then the whole thing combusted! He ended up running outside with a flaming Godzilla manga and had to throw it out! I can safely say I did not consider it after that lol.

The rasping was tense and a lot of work but it ended up being the best method for me. Thankfully I only had to do five books.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#117  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
A Godzilla manga going up in flames sounds scary but also a little apropos somehow.

I don't recall having issues with the glue once everything was said and done, myself. But it might also depend on the book in question — maybe certain books have a specific kind of glue that doesn't do as well with the heat, or something.

(I should disclaim that I've only debound two books so far, Sore Ike! Bomberman Jetters and Baku Bomberman 64 4-Koma Gag Battle. So I don't have a wide range of experience to go on.)

legato
Bomberman

Post#118  Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I should say I haven't tried heating the glue before, so maybe it would go better than I imagined. It took me a while to find the books so I was scared. I did notice that the glue is different sometimes. A few books had a yellow color to it and it seemed crustier than you would expect. It was much grainier and came off pretty easy with a lot of elbow grease.

Another book had white colored glue and it was much tougher/gummier. It seemed to roll up on itself and stretch a bit more as I rasped it. So maybe it's a case of how/if the glue has aged? Would be interesting to try out on more books although it will make them forearms burn baby!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 6 of 6 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2643s
Index - Back to Top