lgnmcrules
Bomberbie

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:22 am  Reply with quote + 
HE'S ALIVVEEEE :laugh: 
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:00 am  Reply with quote + 
After all these years I'm quite pleasantly surprised to actually see Konami doing something with the franchise, that's outside of mobile and the Japan region. It's unexpected to say the least, especially since it doesn't only have a battle mode with online play, but a co-op story or normal mode of sorts to go along with it.

I'll be looking forward to it personally, it gives me a reason to pickup the Switch sooner.
lgnmcrules
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Here's the trailer for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98ZwgzYyig
Evi
Bombertrainee

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:10 am  Reply with quote + 
I'll admit the trailer has eased up my tensions somewhat, though I am kinda iffy on some of the redesigned Dastardly Bombers.

But I am very glad to see something happen for our Bomber pal, that isn't mobile or japan only.
The Switch is now on my watch-list.
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:22 am  Reply with quote + 
I COULD NOT BE MORE HYPE FOR THIS GAME!!!!!1!! Holy crap, this has me guaranteed to be picking up a Switch at launch! :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star:  :star: 

Let's just hope Konami doesn't mess it up. I love the idea of a total reboot appealing to a younger audience, and the new character designs are so flippin cute! :heart:  Also it does look like at least Cool Black has retained his personality from the picture.

Not sure if I like Shiro's voice actor much, but then it is honestly probably the best voice he's ever had.

I can't believe this is actually happening. So surreal! :cry: 

Last edited by AtomicPoetryPunk on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 am
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:29 am  Reply with quote + 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 am  Reply with quote + 
(copy paste of what I've excitedly blurted out on Reddit)

Oh this is superb, there is seriously some good stuff here, like most people I thought Bomberman was likely to rot forever in the dungeons of Konami was the rest of Hudson's IPs, occasionally being flogged as mobile crap.

As far as art style goes, its not the worst that the series has ever had in my opinion. A cartoonie mashup of the looks from Super Bomberman and Bomberman Land. The voices are silly but they've never actually been good in the west.

In terms of stuff they've brought back... there is more in this game than ever.

The Five Dastardly Bombers are on the front cover which is fantastic, although Pretty Bomber isn't one of them any more, her design seems to have been adapted into a generic female bomber, dunno who the new one is, maybe it is just a heavily re-designed Pretty Bomber. Golem Bomber appears to have grown a daisy and obtained Hammer Bomber's eye. The old dude at the top of the box art may or may not be a re-designed Bagular. He has the beard and the monocle but isn't blue any more and doesn't have a big red B on his forehead. I also saw Hige Hige bandits running around. Old style Planet Bomber, complete with its moon is in the games logo too!

It genuinely looks like single player will play like one of the SNES titles, which would be fantastic. And it will have a retail release... there hasn't been one for home console since... Gamecube era? (Bomberman Land doesn't count, those were mini games.)

I'm thrilled. I cant wait to see how Konami *beep* it up.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 am  Reply with quote + 
So, speculation on who's leading the dastardly bombers this time (if any). Plasma is in the top right although the Japs read things backwards so that's probably not significant. Golem has a cut out more than twice the size of the rest of them although he does seem a bit too gimmicky to lead.

I love the rims of Brain Bomber's cloak, and also how Magnet bomber's hands have gained polarities. Another nice touch is that 'Man' in the game's title has been switched to Shirobon's colors.

Another nod to the older games, Aobon is asleep. :D

(bah, why does this image keep breaking)

My main concern is local multiplayer, which might be shot in the foot with the Switch's idiotic pricing of Pro controllers

Last edited by Hammer Bomber on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow, this is quite surprising. Like everyone else, I'm just shocked and grateful that they're bringing out a new (real) Bomberman game after all this time.

I assume the "R" stands for "reboot" given the new storyline and redesigned 5 Fiendish Bombers, though it's not uncommon for sequels in Japan to have the "R" designation.

The art style is slick.

Neo Bagura looks pretty cool, as do the new Fiendish Bombers, though it makes me sad that 1) The old continuity might be dead and 2) Pretty Bomber appears to have been completely relegated to ditsy hero status, replacing her in the villains' lineup with a... hey wait a minute... [looks at my own logo, in avatar]

I legit thought Magnet was holding an "S" bomb until Hammer pointed out otherwise. I wonder if Golem's "growths" are in reference to his character established in "Saturn Bomberman Fight!!"?

I'm not sure I understand the decision to leave out Brain and Golems' head emblems, kind of weird but okay.

I'm not sure if there will be a defined "leader"; it could just be Golem taking his place as the strongest boss, like in Jetters GC and Quest.

I don't know what to say about the Battle Game except that, yay, something new for a change? There's a stage with the old SB2 magnets and a stage with varying terrain levels, so it seems like it will be more than the same old stuff they'd gotten used to cranking out.

All-in-all, very interesting.
Siskan
Bomberbie

Post#11  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 am  Reply with quote + 
I'd say Bomberman is a good example of a game where the Joycon really is good enough. I don't see why a pro controller would be necessary.
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:23 am  Reply with quote + 
So we're basically getting a sequel to the Super Bomberman games as a launch title for the Nintendo Switch. That's super awesome. If I get a Nintendo Switch at some point, this game will be an easy pickup.
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:53 am  Reply with quote + 
Siskan wrote:
I'd say Bomberman is a good example of a game where the Joycon really is good enough. I don't see why a pro controller would be necessary.

Reviewing this, i see additional Joy con can be used with the machine. These are still priced badly tho. The issue is that they have heaps of additional bells and whistles that push the price up. All thats needed for additional controllers for party games is a set of buttons to press. None of my friends are going to come over and have any interest in ice-cube rumble

Fingers crossed it has back compatibility with Wii U Pro controllers. (highly unlikely but that would solve the issue for me)
lgnmcrules
Bomberbie

Post#14  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Looking at the trailer, (this is speculation,) there seems to be levels with verticality. There were stairs in some of the showcased levels, and another seemed to be multi-leveled. I wonder how this will affect the game, gameplay-wise.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
lgnmcrules wrote:
Looking at the trailer, (this is speculation,) there seems to be levels with verticality. There were stairs in some of the showcased levels, and another seemed to be multi-leveled. I wonder how this will affect the game, gameplay-wise.

A few have mentioned this, but I'm not noticing anything particularly revolutionary. We've had levels with warps and trampolines that take players to and from otherwise inaccessible platforms for a long time (GB2-3, SB3-4, etc. etc.).

I would be quite pleasantly surprised if it did turn out to introduce ideas like those that were supposed to be in Virtual Bomberman, though.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Some gameplay went out via the Nintendo treehouse earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMmhxrEiP4
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Cool!

I don't notice anything really new, content-wise, except for the selectable (and customizable) characters in the story mode, but it looks like it's bringing back the diversity of the old SNES/SFC games.

The pay-to-continue feature seems interesting. I'm not sure if I've seen that before, though I don't play a lot of modern games. So basically, if you're not good at the game, then you won't save up enough coins to get new content... It's potentially a nice way to make lives matter again in a video game.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm thinking micro-transaction opportunity :/

This is Konami
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
I guess it's possible, but it just seems too bizarre for me to jump to that conclusion... My assumption is that you get coins in-game like in Bomberman TSA.

Maybe that sounds naive, but truthfully, in many ways, modern gaming is moving quickly into places that I find difficult to understand. Is there actually a precedent for something like that on a console title?
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have to say, I especially love the Dastardly Bombers redesigns, personally. They look so dynamic and sharp in this art style. I'm a little upset that Pretty Bomber isn't one of them, but at the same time I'm glad she's in the game at all and they probably needed her to flesh out the Bomberman team and justify an 8 player mode.

Plasma and Magnet are my favorites and they look totally BA anyway. I bet Golem will end up being some type of pre-final boss you fight at the end of the game, but before facing down Bagura, who by the way looks so beyond awesome in this! Like an evil anime villain!

In the Treehouse event they skipped like 3 cut-scenes, so it looks like we're gonna be getting a decent amount of story in this one. I'm really excited to get to know these new versions of the characters. Even if the story is silly. Epic looking boss fights though!

The Hige-Hige Bandits are way too cute in the gameplay video. I wonder if we'll be seeing any other familiar faces, such as Mujoe, MechaDoc, Professor Ein, or even Max!

Actually, now that I think about it, I'll be pretty disappointed to not at least see Louie.

Last edited by AtomicPoetryPunk on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:15 pm
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 14 Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2534s
Index - Back to Top