Bombertrainee

Post#601  Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Oops.. X3

Well, I get a warning if the thread host comes back. X'3

View user profile Send Private Message
mikeh_smith
Bomberbie

Post#602  Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Please add easy mode for Trial Battle, it's so hard!
Z_Boy
Bomberbie

Post#603  Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Got an odd issue in Online mode (2 players, no bots):
- host side: the other player appears connected and ready (when he hits "claim ready"); the battle starts almost instantly but the other player doesn't move and bomb himself after 20-30 sec, then the host wins the round and goes to the cups screen
- client side: he is stuck at "Waiting for other players" with the players name in green; when the host wins, the battle starts at least right before the screen fades out to... the Draw screen (with the painted foot).

... and then the same thing repeats again.

We haven't used Hamachi (because this became a sh!t for several years and doesn't work at all for PB) but opened the ports you mention in the readme.txt (32390 - TCP
32391, 32392 - UDP)
Jei
Bomberman

Post#604  Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting.
DemonLouie wrote:
Thanks for making this game! Oh god! I beat all of the trials! Though I have to say, trial 55 wasn't so hard against this strange person that I don't know about. I mean he looked weird and he dances funny. X3 Anyway, the trials were a lot of fun and helped me with learning how to play Bomberman games at a skillful level. I'm not as good yet, but I have gotten better with every trial I've done. :D

Seriously, thank you. Now to see who I unlocked. :)

That's Bomb Man from the very first Bomberman game from 1983.
mikeh_smith wrote:
Please add easy mode for Trial Battle, it's so hard!

The Trial mode is set to be tweaked for the next release.
Z_Boy wrote:
Got an odd issue in Online mode (2 players, no bots):
- host side: the other player appears connected and ready (when he hits "claim ready"); the battle starts almost instantly but the other player doesn't move and bomb himself after 20-30 sec, then the host wins the round and goes to the cups screen
- client side: he is stuck at "Waiting for other players" with the players name in green; when the host wins, the battle starts at least right before the screen fades out to... the Draw screen (with the painted foot).

... and then the same thing repeats again.

We haven't used Hamachi (because this became a sh!t for several years and doesn't work at all for PB) but opened the ports you mention in the readme.txt (32390 - TCP
32391, 32392 - UDP)

If you couldn't get it to work even with Hamachi, make sure the ports are opened both on the side of the host and on the side of the clients.
Z_Boy
Bomberbie

Post#605  Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes I opened theses ports on my router.
Here's the screenshot using a software called CurrPorts, to monitor the processes accessing to the internet:

Player 1 (host)

Player 2 (client)
Jei
Bomberman

Post#606  Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Try opening both 32391 and 32392 for UDP on both sides, current implementation is not perfect.
Negi
Bomberbie

Post#607  Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:18 am  Reply with quote + 
The color of the yellow team and the green team has become the opposite of the result screen
Bomberman

Post#608  Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Good catch, thank you.
crs9683
Bomberbie

Post#609  Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 am  Reply with quote + 
So, I'm happy to see someone made a good bomberman game. Looks great. But I later on plan to do a 12 player session with people. So, what would be some good inexpensive controllers to buy? And I'd need a good usb hub cause my computer doesn't have that many ports.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#610  Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting. I can't really help you out with the controller stuff, I myself kind of need a better one for 2D games, Xbox 360 pad just doesn't quite cut it with it's d-pad.
legato
Bomberman

Post#611  Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
crs9683 wrote:
So, I'm happy to see someone made a good bomberman game. Looks great. But I later on plan to do a 12 player session with people. So, what would be some good inexpensive controllers to buy? And I'd need a good usb hub cause my computer doesn't have that many ports.

I've used this controller for years and it's been awesome. They do wear out after a few years though. I think my original lasted 6 years? Usually the USB just wears out.

Edit: it would help if I post the damn link https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478488946&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+controller
Negi
Bomberbie

Post#612  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I tried to paint Bomberman quest item "Yo-yo"
Can this be implemented?

And I also drew the same game "tackle belts" and "jump shoes"
Bomberman

Post#613  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for replying. I'll consider implementing the yoyo, but I think tackle belt is more suited for a steed and ordinary jumping should remain exclusive to Louie as it is a very powerful ability.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#614  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
crs9683 wrote:

I've used this controller for years and it's been awesome. They do wear out after a few years though. I think my original lasted 6 years? Usually the USB just wears out.

Edit: it would help if I post the damn link https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478488946&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+controller

The controller has HORRIBLE built in dead zone issues that makes precise control with the analogue sticks impossible. Not only does it have BUILT IN deadzone that's gigantic which should be up to the game to handle but it has GIANT directional deadzone, too. Also, the triggers are really stiff. Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread a bit. The D-Pad of that thing is okay I guess, though.
crs9683
Bomberbie

Post#615  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
legato wrote:
crs9683 wrote:

The controller has HORRIBLE built in dead zone issues that makes precise control with the analogue sticks impossible. Not only does it have BUILT IN deadzone that's gigantic which should be up to the game to handle but it has GIANT directional deadzone, too. Also, the triggers are really stiff. Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread a bit. The D-Pad of that thing is okay I guess, though.

It should work fine if he's just using the d-pad. :P
crs9683
Bomberbie

Post#616  Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welp, I found a decent setup. I bought some of those snes usb look a like controllers. They seem to work fairly well.

But also, I want to ask, how do I play in that mode where you have the godzilla appear?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#617  Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
crs9683 wrote:
But also, I want to ask, how do I play in that mode where you have the godzilla appear?

Play with Bonus Game on on a Wide stage and roll for the item until you get it
travis
Bomberbie

Post#618  Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
crs9683 wrote:

We got a weekly 10-player bomberman game going at my office. Everyone has loved using these. They are inexpensive, do not require a separate driver install on Windows 7.
http://a.co/3iayzeA

This hub has also worked quite well. It's nothing fancy, but USB 2.0 is all you need and helps keep the price down.
http://a.co/9Q5C0SJ
Luke LightniX
Bomberbie

Post#619  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm having a weird problem here, the game runs normally until the character select screen, where every single button stops working except for ESC, I already tried switching the controls around, using gamepads, keyboard, nothing changes and I cannot play.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any ideas on how can I fix this? I LOVE Bomberman and want to play this game so badly! hahaha!
Jei
Bomberman

Post#620  Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Luke LightniX wrote:
I'm having a weird problem here, the game runs normally until the character select screen, where every single button stops working except for ESC, I already tried switching the controls around, using gamepads, keyboard, nothing changes and I cannot play.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any ideas on how can I fix this? I LOVE Bomberman and want to play this game so badly! hahaha!

Thanks for downloading. I haven't heard of anyone encountering this issue yet, so there is no established solution, but I believe wiping out the config.ini file altogether might help - try playing the game with default controls first if you do this.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 31 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2049s
Index - Back to Top