[Replies: 32]  [Views: 23958]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#21  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 am  Reply with quote + 
Thank you. I just volunteered for a convention down in Charlotte coming up in Jan, so hopefully they make use of me. I have a lot of programming/event experience, security experience given my gas station time on 3rd shift, and of course have a ton of bomberman stuff. ;) I hope to see some of the NC/SC/nearby TN people consider making the event especially if they put some of the bomberman rigs in the gameroom. :D It runs Jan 5-8th, down in Charlotte and info can be gleaned from http://ichibancon.com/information.php. Should anyone in the region really think they need bomberman represented please contact them to say so.

I would love it if some of the translation people here and other factoid holders could ever get in one place long enough to dispense the data on our fellow bomberman fans, researchers, and others. We really need an effort to interview the people who made bomberman over the years before they all die out also. Thinking of artists, coders, execs, and the like. Bomberman documentary and digital encyclopedia set would not be complete otherwise. :D If we do not save the culture and content of these great games, who will? :<
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Holy crap! Did you guys summon him or something?

Anyway, long time no see, DragonBomber! I hope someone finds a cure for your illness. That doesn't sound like much fun. :worry: 

Yeah, it would be cool to be able to interview the developers. Although, perhaps there have been interviews done within Japan, that we just haven't found yet? Even still, there are a lot of questions I'd like to ask.
View user profile Send Private Message
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes, like an evil Jinn. BOOM. ;)

Appreciate the well wishes. Good days and bad. Moving and preparing for moving put a big damper on my scanning routine, so I will have to find out where I left off/might have that is not yet available. Doubtful there is anything left to scan somehow, since you all are so thorough.
Bomberstar

Post#24  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:06 am  Reply with quote + 
It makes me happy when I mention someone and they come back. Good to see ya man!

If I happen to have some free cash and time in early January maybe I'll consider checking out this convention of yours. Checked out the website. I'm guessing its a semi/smaller one? Not that I mind a con is always a good time as long as you don't over do them. i attended the oen and only Providence Anime Conference in Rhode Island. I'm pretty sure there were less then 600 people there. lol. BTW it was one of my favorite cons to date!

Either way It's great to hear from ya man! Best of luck with all your current endeavors and we'll be seeing ya hopefully!
legato
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Out of curiosity, is there a translated version of the rom floating around somewhere for download?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Seeing as I'm the only one who has apparently ever translated the game, and none of us know how to hack a PSX ROM... Nope, there is none. Sorry. :sad: 

I played through the game in Japanese, though, and it's not difficult to understand. You can check out my guide here for character actions and shop items and stuff, that's the only really pertinent text.
legato
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dang. Well at least you made the translation. I'll poke around and see if I can find a willing person to plug it in for us.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
That would be absolutely fantastic. It's a great game, and it's a shame that it has been so much more overlooked than other Japan-only releases.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#29  Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Wars PlayStation Patch!

Thanks to denim and his beautiful hacking abilities, you can now play the PSX version of Bomberman Wars with full English text! Over the past few months, denim has kept in touch with me, requesting further translations for stuff I'd missed while he worked diligently on a patch for the game. Today, it is released to the public! :veryhappy: 

You can find the patch here!

Please give this game a try if you haven't already. It's one of my personal favourites!
AtomicPoetryPunk
Bomberdude

Post#30  Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am so freaking excited!!! :star:  :star:  :star: 

Thank you Plasma Captain! Thank you Denim! I have so much gratitude! :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#31  Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 am  Reply with quote + 
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it. :veryhappy: 
razor85
Bomberbie

Post#32  Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi there, sorry to hijack the thread but I didn't see a better place to say it. First of all, thanks for the work you done translating the game text. I saw the translation on romhacking.net and wondered about the Sega Saturn version (as I am a big SEGA fan). Since it didn't exist, and I'm also a low level programmer, 2 + 2 = 4. I started using your translation text and everything is going smooth so far (had a bit of a pain translating the text generated by the VDP2, but that's another story). Work in progress of course, but you can check my progress here https://imgur.com/a/pGJcP6h .I will write a blog post later describing the whole process, hopefully it will help other programmers to start translating Sega Saturn games. Once again, thanks for the translation text!
ReyVGM
Bomberbie

Post#33  Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:46 am  Reply with quote + 
@Plasma Bomber, any chance you could translate what the last boss says in the ending cutscene after he's defeated? That's the only untranslated bit that's missing in your text.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1750s
Index - Back to Top