[Replies: 28]  [Views: 8236]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Users watching this topic: 2  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, firstly Bomberman is not supposed to be a platform game....

The 2D games are what Bomberman was originally designed to be, those feature the real Bomberman battle mode as well. I love the Baku Bomberman games, but the multiplayer mode is over far too soon because of the lack of strategy, you are thrown into fast paced battle and you still die in one hit. On the other hand, it could have been well improved by adding more health for the players to start with, that would make the battles last longer (usually when I played it everyone else was dead too quickly, knocked out by kicked bombs or bouncing on top of big bombs), but the gameplay in the battle mode is still....

You need to play SB3-5 if you haven't, as well as '94, as those have the newer things like Ruis, more bomb types, and special attacks (in SB4).

It seems that those who started with the N64 games stick with them, and those who started with the older games stick with those.

In any case, this is not the place to have this kind of discussion. This is Emperor Terrorin's introductory topic.
View user profile Send Private Message
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#22  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
It seems that those who started with the N64 games stick with them, and those who started with the older games stick with those.

Not my case, I love both of them even if I favor TSA as one of my favorites games of all times, but I played it way later than the Super Bomberman games. Bad Bombers were superb villiains for me, and Emperor Terrorin was wonderful as a classic Bomberman villiain I found.

Quote:
In any case, this is not the place to have this kind of discussion. This is Emperor Terrorin's introductory topic.

No it's ok don't worry, I really love how the discussion is turning. That is the base of a discussion after all : It turn how it turn. And I like this subject. It's true : Peoples who starts with Adventure games will tend to like harder the classics games, and then the conversely.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#23  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:

I was unaware there was a better introduction to these boards then having your topics turned into a massive blob of various "off topic" discussions. :P

And let it be known I'm a bitter oldschool fan... of the game lines that more or less died over time (or completely died and will never be made again) partially due to "next gen" influences... sonic is just one of many. Luckily old consoles last forever, and there are emulators for when that fails.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ouch, double teamed! :hilarious: 

Nah, but really, I just want to make sure new members are happy, so I didn't want to steer the topic off course if it was against Terrorin's wishes. But, I guess I didn't take into account that that's usually what happens here...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#25  Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Well, firstly Bomberman is not supposed to be a platform game....

The 2D games are what Bomberman was originally designed to be, those feature the real Bomberman battle mode as well. I love the Baku Bomberman games, but the multiplayer mode is over far too soon because of the lack of strategy, you are thrown into fast paced battle and you still die in one hit. On the other hand, it could have been well improved by adding more health for the players to start with, that would make the battles last longer (usually when I played it everyone else was dead too quickly, knocked out by kicked bombs or bouncing on top of big bombs), but the gameplay in the battle mode is still....

You need to play SB3-5 if you haven't, as well as '94, as those have the newer things like Ruis, more bomb types, and special attacks (in SB4).

Sorry for my late reply on this... I had started a reply awhile back but was having internet trouble at the time and i got too lazy to try again.

You're right Bomberman was not originally a platform game, and that's probably my issue with the old ones since I played the 64 games first. I whole-heartedely agree with this statement...

Dark Zaphe wrote:

I have played SB3-5 somewhat through online emulation battles. I still find Saturn Bomberman to be superior. It also includes the ruis and such.

I have to disagree with what you said about the 64 game's battle modes. If the players are experienced and know what they are doing it can be very fun. It's more about skill then strategy though, you can get very good at avoiding enemy attacks by bouncing off bombs or lifting bombs to deflect ones thrown at you. It can get really intense and I've often lasted till sudden death while we're still trying to kill each other while dodging raining fire balls. lmao.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#26  Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yay! I'm not alone. Even though you joined before me. :oops:  But welcome!

I'm also a fan of Single Player Bomberman games. :wink: 
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am probably the laziest Bomberman fan here. I have a ton of the games but never play them because by the time I get off work I'm so tired my brain shuts down. I lament for sharing the bomberman experience with friends who don't come over anymore since our lives have changed, and random new people so I find myself avoiding all games since I cannot play the way I want to. I will play every now and again, then get hardcore into screencapturing data from the games/chronicling details that few people will ever care about. I mean, who the hell thinks about the Munchie Jump from Super Bomberman 1 on a regular basis? Or better yet, grabbing the green tank and puttering around.

I think I miss the fun times of my teen years playing Super Bomberman 1 & 2, Sega Genesis Mega Bomberman, and n64 Baku Bomberman so much that it has crippled my current gaming. LOL I've never been great at story mode but I get far enough. The way the AI operates is sometimes pretty entertaining. How much can I swear at my inability to get past this board or that enemy without losing all my acquired powerups? The design variation of the characters is WAY more enjoyable to me sometimes than any plot going on or how badly I could be winning or losing in Battle Mode. To me, the story mode is a very personal experience, sometimes to be shared when the title supports it, and I avoid it because I don't want to be sitting in a room alone playing games by myself many nights. It tends to remind me how much of a failure I am at maintaining friends who do not suddenly get busy.

I would hope it's different for you all. I'm married 3 years now, with the gal 8 years total and she rarely games anymore and has not even played some of the RPGs she wanted that I bought for her last Christmas. She has writing now and is always doing it. Makes money editing and probably will be published before long. To have some semblance of quality time, I loaf on IRC for hours on end as emulation is not an option on that PC near her nor is a console in there. I need to get a DS and be done with it but bills suck me dry.

But, yeah, I can understand your story mode love, Emperor Terrorin. I spent most of my high school years and my first two college years doing nothing but playing story mode whenever my friends weren't around. My biggest problem is I'm torn between playing the games for fun and for research. I don't want to waste a play through a title without also taking screenshots of enemies and generally dissecting every board, as I might not have time for dual runs through due to work/random drama. I won't be happy until I know more and have more of the games to utilize for my various purposes. Or so it seems.

The games are really varied in what story mode means, so I can see some people have preferences. I have not played a bomberman game I didn't like yet, though I may have been bummed about it missing something. In Hero I missed the battle mode. In Act Zero I missed the comical Bomberman design. I love the boxes. I love the widely ranging artwork. I would work for Hudson in nearly any capacity imaginable for a chance to know more and understand it better. Jun Chiki Chikuma is an amazing talent that I adore listening to, and am really looking forward to when more people start tapping these resources for creative ends. Interviewing the programmers, the sound techs, the graphic designers. These people have to still exist somewhere despite some deaths and old age here and there. lol

If Bomberman was my only interest in life, I'd be set and do this intense research myself but my nature runs warm over a lot of unrelated subjects and my seemingly ADD thought train pulls me on projects of every size across them like a changing wind. Maybe I'll surprise myself in time and focus on something, who knows. Until then I can read about what other people have accomplished and keep discussing the games as I randomly find the motivation to play them. :veryhappy: 
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
There are few boards in the Story Modes of Bomberman games that can hurt me, but I always liked playing it with a friend because that changes everything drastically.... typically the other person is not very good at the game, and you're not only concerned with killing enemies/destroying switches, but you've also got to watch out for your buddy and try to get as many extra lives as possible. :hilarious: 

You know, though, it would be interesting to try to determine what makes a certain board difficult. Enemy placement, enemy types, what items you can have at that point, level structure, they all play a part in it, but it would be neat to try to develop the most difficult Bomberman stage.... actually.... why haven't there been any Bomberman games where you can build your own stages?
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
There are few boards in the Story Modes of Bomberman games that can hurt me, but I always liked playing it with a friend because that changes everything drastically.... typically the other person is not very good at the game, and you're not only concerned with killing enemies/destroying switches, but you've also got to watch out for your buddy and try to get as many extra lives as possible. :hilarious: 

You know, though, it would be interesting to try to determine what makes a certain board difficult. Enemy placement, enemy types, what items you can have at that point, level structure, they all play a part in it, but it would be neat to try to develop the most difficult Bomberman stage.... actually.... why haven't there been any Bomberman games where you can build your own stages?

I do not know. There is so much we could do with a battle mode generator and editable story mode. It would probably keep me more interested in general in playing videogames, I know that much.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1858s
Index - Back to Top