[Replies: 28]  [Views: 8238]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Users watching this topic: 2  
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi. So, in this board I choose the nick of Emperor Terrorrin; but I had many nicks in fact, still the one I use the most oftenly is Remilia Scarlet, in the case you already knew me.

I'm going to take care of an important point : I'm French and I can barely speak in English, even though I can goodly understand it. The fact is, I will write posts that can be sometimes difficult to understand, if it isn't already, but I do the most I can so don't be rude with me because of that. The language limitation stop me oftenly in the way to argue my thoughts, but I'll do how I can. That's frustrating, still, because in French I like a lot to argue my arguments.

By the way, let's introduce me in Bomberman therm : I'm an officially almost fanatic of The Second Attack, as you can see one of my old reviews about it here : http://et6.free.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1796

I just know the script by almost heart and redo it a lot of times, sometimes I redo only the last level because I just love the final battle, and since The Second Attack was never out in europe and I played first on emulator before fall for this game, I just purchased an US N64 with the game, no matter the price. Yeah. >>

And, by the way, be disturbing maybe, but I hate, HATE, the actual Bomberman. I hate Bomberman DS. I hate Bomberman Online. I hate all actual Bombermans. And most of all, I just, hate, Bomberman Jetters and Bomberman Land series. Just don't hit me. Even though Bomberman Generation was a good one and Bomberman PSP is in the spirit of the 9x' and Super Bombermans games, that's absolutely all. For me, Bomberman is like dead.
I just, I always liked, the universe of the Super Bomberman; isn't my nick obvious ? And the TSA universe (Well, along with the 64 though even if I don't like it that much) along with the Super Bomberman universe, just kick hard thoses actuals productions. That my thought, just respect it.

I'll just add an odd point that characterizes me : I play Bomberman for the solo. I just absolutely don't care of the multiplayer. You see ? I play Super Bomberman for the solo. I play TSA for the solo. I play every Bomberman for the solo matter. So you can understand that the actual Bomberman, definitively turned on multiplayer, don't match for me. Hope you'll understand my point of view.

Well, that's all for my introduction. If you have questions, so ...
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey, welcome to the boards! It's always nice to see a new face.
Don't worry about the language thing, there are several members whose second language is English, so it's no problem. We understand you. :P

By the way....

Emperor Terrorin wrote:
For me, Bomberman is like dead.

So very unfortunately true.

and

Emperor Terrorin wrote:
I play Bomberman for the solo.

Um, you're one of my favorite persons now. :hilarious: 
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
BOMBERMAN TSE!?
Are you kidding?
That's my favorite and childhood game.
What i feel for it is so nostalgic i can't explain.
Well, welcome to the board =P
Have a good time and don't disappear!
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
It definitively not a childhood game for me because I discovered it on emulator only 2 years ago, or something like that. I'm someone who is definitively not nostalgic, at all.

Thank for the welcome and to see someone else that think like me, Dark Zaphe. Indeed Bad Bombers was cools, heh ... I always liked to think that Bagular is only the servant of Terrorin, that is always sound to be the mastermind of the Super Bomberman serie for me. In Super Bomberman 4, Terrorin could built a new machine for him with a part of his time-manipulating power or something like that ... Just my non-canons thoughts.

And, I don't plan to disapear don't worry. I feel so lonely, like the only French Bomberman fan who think like that ... So, I feel really glad to find other persons that think like me about the serie on this forum, really.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am  Reply with quote + 
ahh, another single player bomberman fan. Welcome to the board. I may prefer the single player of bomberman but I don't hate the multiplayer alltogether. I love the occasional VS mode on 64 or Saturn Bomberman.

I'm kind of a dormant bomberman fan myself. I haven't found anything that interests me in this series for a long time. My favorite games were the N64 ones with their great story modes and cool cast of characters.

I knew Remilia Scarlet sounded familier. It's from Touhou! I haven't played any of the Touhou games yet but they look amazing and I'm planning on doing so some day (though they appear incredibly hard). I discovered it through all the songs I have from it on Stepmania, and it's soundtrack is fantastic!

Looking forward to seeing you around dood.
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi Regulus777, nice to meet you. And yes, single-players Bomberman fans tend to be very rare thoses times, unfortunatly. That is what I'm aware of. And, about for "Remilia Scarlet", you've right, that's from Touhou. But I had this nick from about 2 years now, so I don't plan to change.

Actually, what I'll call "true Bomberman fans" are very rare and must be together to survive. We seen a new fandom that recently blowed-up the actual Bomberman fandom; with a new one, more bigger and a shadowy fandom that discovered Bomberman from the NGC/GBA era, or else, players of all times who plays only for the multiplayer factor. They shadowed us, and we can hope into our dreams to see a Baku Bomberman 3 (Jap name of the N64 episodes) or else, a true next to the Super Bomberman serie (Even if Bomberman PSP tend to be it, what I'm glad of). That's just lame, but I noticed the same thing with my true favorite serie, Kirby, where the actual fans were shadowed and become very rares because of a corrupted fandom who know Kirby from the GBA era or hype SuperStar to death if they are more old, what we sad about because it isn't honour to what Shinichi Shimomura brought to the serie before his death in a accident; then the serie completely changed of what he done.

So, I tried hard to recover fan of that forgetted and underestimated era, but I also tried to interest other peoples to the serie by presenting the "Shimomura's trilogy" to them, and how it different to the present serie and more deep and probably more interesting for players like them. Going against received ideas that they had, I interested many persons to the "forgetted and actual Kirby", and theses persons were never interested in Kirby serie before.

Where I want to come by explaining that ? Well, the board is presently sadly dead. We got only 1 post by day, with luck 2 posts by day, and without luck, even 0. That's a mess. That's lame. We need to change that. We need to activate the board at new. We need to activate ourselves for the sake of "actual" Bomberman fans. At this rate, where were going ? We'll disapear one by one, new members don't really want to post in a dead board, and in the end the board will fall to the level that there will be only 2/3 members that spoke at a very low rate. What I don't want : We need to recover the Bomberman comunity while there's still time. If we still that lethargic, well that our voices are already small, it will be even more small, small to death. And that would be very unfortunate, because what I'm see here are the very last of the Bomberman comunity and actuals fans, while I feeled so lonely about that since all that time ! It's a pure mess, really. I don't want to stay here and look the very last light of hope disapear. The "1 post-by-day" rate is just pure nonsense for what I seen. There's more post only when we got lucky. And what is sad, is that the board wasn't like that before, for what I seen ...

I recall to the board I made ... A french, lone, board, where there is no one members no way the efforts I made within. Just look, please !

http://bomberman64.xooit.com/index.php

I posted articles, I do all I can do to make starts-threads or informative-threads, and I got nothing ! Why ? Because no one was interested ! I swear it, it was horrible ! And what I see here ? A lot of actual Bombermans fan, that had a lot to says, but actually says nothing on their post-mortum boards. When me, I feeled so lonely on my lone board by trying desesperatly to interest peoples and make come members ! And now that I find the peoples that I tried to find all that time, I fall on ... That. That is utterly sad for me. This board must live, at all prices ! I swear it !...

... I got probably quick-tempered on this moment, I'm sorry. But, well, that is about 3 days that I lurk, and everything are so dead, I feel that like a so huge and enormous mess ... I hope you will understand. Forgive me if I was disturbing and don't take it bad ...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Emperor Terrorin wrote:
Well, the board is presently sadly dead. We got only 1 post by day, with luck 2 posts by day, and without luck, even 0.

Yeah, we know this. Sometimes we have active topics, but they die in a few days. Ongoing topics are usually in the artwork forum. You actually just missed a topic that was active for a few weeks, but only three people really participated in it - me, a good friend of mine Duke Serkol, and a newer member Shiro. It only really stopped because Shiro has an internet problem.

However.... I personally like a smaller forum better than a larger forum, since in large forums it's difficult to get to know everyone, and so you talk to people in one topic and never recognize them again. But yeah, this forum has been largely unactive for a long time.

By the way, that's a nice looking forum. Looks like you even have a level system and Bomberman emotes. Did you ever try advertising it elsewhere? If you're on any other forums, I don't know if you've done this already, but it may help to put a banner link to the forum in your signature. I'm not sure if this forum advertised in its early days, but it was affiliated with a Bomberman fansite, so that may have helped.
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman has been inactive.
It needs a nice Story.
I disagree with people that think Bomberman is all about Multiplayer. I'm a big fan o TSA! and i loved the story mode. I can't play withou cry(no, i'm not emo). :P
Maybe a Third Attack would get the forum working. And for the Wii, please.
Well, see yah :oops: 
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#9  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
However.... I personally like a smaller forum better than a larger forum, since in large forums it's difficult to get to know everyone, and so you talk to people in one topic and never recognize them again. But yeah, this forum has been largely unactive for a long time.

An active forum is not forcely a huge forum with ten billions of members you'll never recognize again. (It's a picture, though !) On my forum (This one isn't dead and isn't about Bomberman ...), there is around ten active members, we all knows each others and the forum is quite active with few posts and many active topics. I mean, we are at the very last of the Bomberman comunity, then all the rest isn't according to our thinks on the serie, but it's quite dead. I'm in mind that we need to move a little that, even if, I don't speak to make the forum super active one day to another. There is a lot to say about Bomberman, the Bomberman we love along with debate about what he become, I feel sad to see the board that dead then it IS the most active Bomberman comunity of our kind; and we're getting pretty dead. I'm aware of that, I hope you get the idea.

For my dead forum about Bomberman, well, I don't plan to made it alive. I've come to understand that I'll never get someone as interested as me in that way, in French at least. I falled on a french Bomberman board that was quite active, and it was just the total conversely of my thoughts about the serie; multiplayers lovers that don't know such as TSA! or Super Bomberman, and isn't at all interested of the solo factor in Bomberman. I don't stayed long here. Unlike here; where I found totally my way of thought about the serie, so I'm cearly sad to see how it is dead.

And, Ninja Bomberman, do you ever think they WOULD do a Baku Bomberman 3 ? You're dreaming. If that happen, I'll eat my hat. It definitively not according to the designs they wants for the present Bomberman, it is purely the conversely of what they want. And what people want. Because people want more multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer, in Bomberman, they are so focused on the multiplayer factor that if a single-player Bomberman come out today, they WILL start to cry like "They kills Bomberman's spirit !" and shout against the game. Just see what happen to Bomberman TSA!; this game was under-rated by the press, why ? Because they found everything only on multiplayer. Hudson learn the lesson, and don't plan to redo the same thing again. Except if we done a very fruitful petition, assuming that we get enough signs to be consequent (That is already nearly impossible), and even, it isn't sure that we'll be heard. I remind you that Bomberman Online 360 was created only because players request it. You see what kind of players they follow ? Yes it is. So, your Third Attack is just a beautiful dream that isn't in the plans of Hudson, I think. And it's even more sad; and why it so hard to find other peoples that still think like us, and why I feel sad to see this board so in nearly dead state ... I don't feel to wait for a miracle active-topic everytime ... Hope you understand my thought.

And, uuh, why do you say "See yah" ? I don't plan to go, far away not ! It's clear, I'm staying don't worry about that ...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Emperor Terrorin wrote:
An active forum is not forcely a huge forum with ten billions of members you'll never recognize again.

Well yeah, I know that.

Emperor Terrorin wrote:
So, your Third Attack is just a beautiful dream that isn't in the plans of Hudson, I think.

Unfortunately true. Not only for the reasons you mentioned, but also because the only time I can remember Hudson reviving old characters was in Bomberman Tournament/Story.

Emperor Terrorin wrote:
And, uuh, why do you say "See yah" ? I don't plan to go, far away not ! It's clear, I'm staying don't worry about that ...

It's just an expression. :P
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Emperor Terrorin wrote:
Actually, what I'll call "true Bomberman fans" are very rare and must be together to survive. We seen a new fandom that recently blowed-up the actual Bomberman fandom; with a new one, more bigger and a shadowy fandom that discovered Bomberman from the NGC/GBA era, or else, players of all times who plays only for the multiplayer factor. They shadowed us, and we can hope into our dreams to see a Baku Bomberman 3 (Jap name of the N64 episodes) or else, a true next to the Super Bomberman serie (Even if Bomberman PSP tend to be it, what I'm glad of). That's just lame, but I noticed the same thing with my true favorite serie, Kirby, where the actual fans were shadowed and become very rares because of a corrupted fandom who know Kirby from the GBA era or hype SuperStar to death if they are more old, what we sad about because it isn't honour to what Shinichi Shimomura brought to the serie before his death in a accident; then the serie completely changed of what he done.

Honestly... do you really think that because some people are fans of different elements of a game they're less "true" fans than fans of other elements of a game. Multiplayer bomberman has been a very major part of the series from near the beginning, and it helped drive the series to be as long and good as it is. Such statements of superiority are annoying.

And I'm not seeing superstar as any form of dishonor to Shinichi Shimomura either. He both worked on Superstar (not as a director) and directed Dream Land 3 after... so this is before his death anyway. Its about the same as saying every time Shinichi Shimomura directed a game it was a direct dishonor to Masahiro Sakurai... which is also just wrong.

Do realize that not everyone on these boards are "true" fans, so you should watch your tongue. I'm happily a bomberman fan who plays bomberman mostly for the multiplayer and a kirby fan who prefers superstar to dream land 3. You don't see me saying I am a superior fan because of that... so why should i tolerate you saying you are a superior fan cause you like things differently.
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Honestly... do you really think that because some people are fans of different elements of a game they're less "true" fans than fans of other elements of a game. Multiplayer bomberman has been a very major part of the series from near the beginning, and it helped drive the series to be as long and good as it is. Such statements of superiority are annoying.

No I don't think that. By the way, the term "actual" is used because I can't make superb sentences or else, I'm limited in my words so I'm explaining myself how I can. My idea wasn't about to explain a point of superiority, but about to explain there is another fandom, that this one is over-shadowed by the present "main fandom", but this fandom, the one I say "actual" without anythink of superiority within (Mainly because the word don't sound exactly the same for me, "Actuel" mean "present" in French so it don't sound that hard for me; somes (bad) translators even confuse "Actual" and "Actuel" sometimes), this fandom must live how it can and be heard; and that's difficult because it is already difficult to find someone that think like that and because it's a less spreaded way to see the serie. You get better the idea now ?

Oh and I'll add that I spoke more about what Kirby become from the GBA, I don't care of SuperStar that much except the hype that isn't a problem for the game itself, but influence on the actual productions. By the way, Kirby would be like Shimomura's design if he wasn't dead, because Sakuraï leaved HAL and Shimomura was the official director of project of the Kirby serie. But things don't goes like that. What I consider "dishonour" is not SuperStar but the more recent productions made by Flagship, that seems to ignore the huge door he opened and would be logically continued. Anyway, that's not the case, I hope you're not nervous against me, I can't explain myself correctly in a language that I don't master really myself. (What I'm aware of)

Also, I knew that this type of post should show up, so I'm not surprised of your reaction, don't worry, but it's only the result of misunderstoods because of how I explained myself ... I'm so sorry if I injured you ...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I follow you now. You do seem to follow the less popular fandoms. With bomberman neither fandom is very large though... but the multiplayer bomberman fans does comprise a bigger group. You'll find that quite a few of the active members on this forum are single player bomberman fans.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Emperor Terrorin wrote:
Actually, what I'll call "true Bomberman fans" are very rare and must be together to survive. We seen a new fandom that recently blowed-up the actual Bomberman fandom; with a new one, more bigger and a shadowy fandom that discovered Bomberman from the NGC/GBA era, or else, players of all times who plays only for the multiplayer factor. They shadowed us, and we can hope into our dreams to see a Baku Bomberman 3 (Jap name of the N64 episodes) or else, a true next to the Super Bomberman serie (Even if Bomberman PSP tend to be it, what I'm glad of). That's just lame, but I noticed the same thing with my true favorite serie, Kirby, where the actual fans were shadowed and become very rares because of a corrupted fandom who know Kirby from the GBA era or hype SuperStar to death if they are more old, what we sad about because it isn't honour to what Shinichi Shimomura brought to the serie before his death in a accident; then the serie completely changed of what he done

It is most unfortunate the way things have gone for bomberman for fans in our minority. You're completely right, We've been overshadowed by the people that like multiplayer and majority wins when it comes right down to it, and thus Hudson has gone with what they know works in the industry. In other words the people have spoken.

Having been a gamer pretty much my whole life I've have been witness to many things I find sad in this industry. It's particularly sad for the oddballs like us that don't go with the flow.

A perfect example would be all the old school sonic the hedgehog fans that have had to suffer watching what is happening to Sonic these past 5-10 years, but since the games still sell to a new generation, they have become overshadowed and will never get what they want. (thats the way I see it anyway.)

The things that really bum me out are when I become a fan of a series that is obscure and isn't popular enough to warrent sequels or translations. How often do we get Ys games? Or when I discovered Langrisser and Valis. Langrisser has 1 english release and valis has turned into a hentai series. It's depressing, but in the end I really did it to myself because I purposely find myself looking to the obscure titles or looking to the past for new material. I am quite biased to the present day industry and I find if it isnt a sequel to something i know or anime related I don't usually give it a 2nd look.

I digress, but as far as Bomberman goes it's unfortunate but alot of the senior members like me find we don't have a whole lot to talk about for bomberman because We've already talked about it. When I participate in a discussion I find I'm just repeating the things I've been saying about baku bomberman the past 3-4 years, and it's going to stay that way untill or should I say unless the series once again captivates me.

Granted I don't ever plan on leaving this board cause i love the crew here, but when it comes to bomberman I just don't have as much to say about it as I once did. When the discussions of my interest show up I am happy to once again repeat my thoughts on the series and it's characters.

I may not be speaking for everyone but that is why I don't talk about bomberman much and I mostly stick in the life in general section. I check everywhere's posts but life in general is where I talk the most lol. I'm also a big anime nerd so I like talknig about anime.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
A perfect example would be all the old school sonic the hedgehog fans that have had to suffer watching what is happening to Sonic these past 5-10 years, but since the games still sell to a new generation, they have become overshadowed and will never get what they want. (thats the way I see it anyway.)

Cept in that case the majority clearly prefers oldschool sonic to the new crap.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#16  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:44 am  Reply with quote + 
but said majority is too stupid to stop buying shit games.....

Another possibility is that the majority of newschool sonic fans amongst the fanbase are kids that don't use the interwebs, while all those from the minority are online whining and crying over it.

I finally realized what was going on by Sonic heroes which I gave about half an hour of my time. So I was once guilty of the crime too. The last Sonic game i purchased was Sonic Mega collection, before that Sonic Riders, and before that I think was sonic adventure 1. My poor brother bought most of the crap ones, Heroes..... god...

I also find it amusing that you decided to pick out the sonic related part of my post to give your input on. Everytime we mention Sonic the topic automatically turns into a Sonic topic. lmao, I guess the board is just filled with a bunch of bitter sonic fans huh?

That aside I found the rest of my post alot more meaningful.....
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#17  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:28 am  Reply with quote + 
I grasp your points, and it's totally true. The actual industry is what I'm blased of everydays and evey minutes, no creativity, and the big names of the videogame industry don't want to move on for change this state, they even "casualise" their games and series for the sake of the new generation of players. I was also a player for nearly all of my life, And I find that hopeless, It's like, neither of the Wii, 360 or PS3 offer that much of games that fit to us. The actual console generation is (And I'm no't affraid to say it) shit. There's still only newbies, fanboys or naives of the gamers comunity for still do the "console war" with a so shitty generation of consoles. And I don't speak about the Game Design school; they brainwash you in the directive of a very specific way to make games and use your capital, but what's more is that the teachers themselves are ignorants. In France, our "French Elite" of videogame school is named "Supinfogame", and this school is nearly horrible for knowing somes peoples who study here. The teachers themselves like I say are ignorants, they don't know that much the history of the videogame and the contest of entry is just superbly easy, I know someone where in the "Game Concept creativity" case he done a concept that is more an improved version of Odama than otherwhise, and guess what ? He was accepted. The teachers seems to played very more to the PC games in fact, because that's where come a "generation clash".

The "Generation Clash" is the fact that they, older players, was always players of the Westerns games, mainly on PC, then us, youngers players, were mostly player of the japan games that is mainly on consoles. Before the PS2, western games on consoles was very rare. With the PS1/2 it started to be opened, what's result that today in our game design schools, we have a specific way that want us to make western style of game, and we just CAN'T make games that are how we loved it. Because our industry want we make this type of game; and Japan is just utterly recalcitrant to strangers and it's very hard to works here (Also that Japanese is a very hard language) so it's definitively impossible for us to find the performance we search if we want to be a game conceptor. Even so, the present industry tend to become more and more shitty, making games for the new generation of gamers named "casuals" that is clearly going to definitvely shadow us. I have nothing against them, but they kill us. Every consoles are for players that isn't us. What still except somes rares games each years ? Well, I'm attempted to say the indy industry; where there is only creativity and no one industry-blockings materials. But it's like we are clearly in a bad way.

And for Sonic, I confirm that the majority of fans that we heard are the old-school players, because they scream hard and know to cry right, and they are many, so everyone heard them, but not clear if they ARE the majority. Like say, it can be mainly kids that don't go on the internet, because we seen that the majority of recent Sonic fans are that type of kids that loves the "cool" Sonic. And by the way, at everytime Yuji Naka say "The next Sonic game will be old-school, don't worry !" and we get a new punch in the face with a game that had nothing to do with the old Sonic Games. And by the way, I don't like Sonic ...

And for Bomberman, I'm pretty sure there still things to say anyway. Even if we must repeat ourselves, maybe. But you're right that discussions don't work right mainly because we in majority all consider that Bomberman is dead and do with it ... How infortunate ... Is there is really no one way to make us heard ? Even just a remake of TSA! would be great ...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I digress, but as far as Bomberman goes it's unfortunate but alot of the senior members like me find we don't have a whole lot to talk about for bomberman because We've already talked about it. When I participate in a discussion I find I'm just repeating the things I've been saying about baku bomberman the past 3-4 years, and it's going to stay that way untill or should I say unless the series once again captivates me.

No offense, but haven't you played anything other than the N64 games? I don't favor the SNES over the N64, or otherwise, I like all [good] Bomberman games equally.

Regulus 777 wrote:
Granted I don't ever plan on leaving this board cause i love the crew here

Seconded. Best bunch of people I've ever met online.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#19  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
No offense, but haven't you played anything other than the N64 games? I don't favor the SNES over the N64, or otherwise, I like all [good] Bomberman games equally.

These are the bomberman games I own....

Bomberman (NES) - I think this one stunk. very boring, repetitive and difficult. Of course I didn't expect a whole lot from it being an NES game and having played it after the N64 games.

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES) - This one is alot better the Bomberman but I still found it kind of on the boring side with a lack of text/dialougue based story and the same repetitive gameplay. The multiplayer was pretty fun for awhile but I still found it inferior to the 64 games that I had played first, which pretty much set my standard for all bomberman games I played afterwords.

Pocket Bomberman (GB) - I don't have a whole lot to say about this one either. It was unable to keep me interested long, although being able to jump around was an interesting concept added in to bomberman.

Bomberman 64 - This was my first Bomberman game and i absolutely loved it. The bad guys all looked really cool and there was enough dialougue amongst the characters to make an interesting story. All the abilities bomberman had ( pump bombs, bomb jump, etc.) made the game more interesting and fun to play as well as the puzzles you needed to solve in the levels and it's soundtrack was fantastic.

Bomberman 64: TSA - This is like a beefed up version of Bomberman 64 with more characters, levels, and an even better storyline with more dialougue, and an even better soundtrack. My favorite bomberman game ever.

Bomberman Hero - I had fun with this one too cause it was so different. All the vehicle stages and new abilities and playing bomberman as a 3D platformer was very interesting. Granted the story wasn't as good but it was fun to play so I was able to finish it.

Saturn Bomberman - As far as 2D bomberman goes, this is by far the best one. It's multiplayer is amazing. 8 players (or even 9-10 with only one stage tho) was awesome. It's story mode was the generic style overhead bomberman game but it was fun cause it was 2 players and the enemies we're amusing. (like seeing the higehige bandits doing stupid stuff was funny. Then it had the video opening to give you an idea of what the world you played in was like and the music was pretty good as well, having a cd quality soundtrack. Then the master mode or whatever was also fun seeing how far you could get without it being too boring or repetitive keeping the levels short with bosses at reasonable intervals.

Bomberman Fantasy Race (PS1) - Not really a true bomberman game but I had some fun with it. Once I had everything unlocked I only played it in VS mode once in awhile so it got kind of boring but while i was worknig at it it was fun.

Bomberman Jetters (GCN) - I kind of bought this half heartedely and haven't finished it yet. It doesn't have that same charm the 64 games had and most of the bosses aren't very interesting in my opinion but perhaps I haven't gotten far enough yet. I think I'm in world 3 or 4. As far as playing it goes I find the levels to be long and kind of on the repetitive side but its not as bad as the early games were. I wish they spaced out the levels with plot stuff liek in the baku bomberman games. Where you would fight a boss half way through a level or something, not after 4-5 boring levels. Some of the levels were pretty cool and I enjoyed parts of the game so far. So I'll eventually try getting into the game again to finish my opinion on it.

I've played some other bomberman games but those are the ones I own and played a decent amount of. So to answer your question Zaphe, yes I have but I find most of those 2D bomberman games alot of you guys like so much repetitive and boring. When I play a platform game it has to have an interesting story and cool characters with good dialougue to keep me going or I find myself struggling through the endless stages in boredom.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#20  Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

I also find it amusing that you decided to pick out the sonic related part of my post to give your input on. Everytime we mention Sonic the topic automatically turns into a Sonic topic. lmao, I guess the board is just filled with a bunch of bitter sonic fans huh?

Hah, I don't even know where to begin. . .
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2335s
Index - Back to Top