[Replies: 59]  [Views: 24266]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Razon
Board Admin

Post#41  Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Woot i got the megaman legends 2 rom for playstation... err but my emulator screwed up now i gotta download another one but i'll do that after i finish watching this movie.. if i ever get the chance, so many people messaging me.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#42  Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Yeah... that was probably my favorite too... but... whatever. I still found the shield much more usefull then that peace of trash quick boomberang, or the freeze time, because in most places those were pretty much useless. (the shield is usefull for getting powerups in places where enemys are created mostly, plus you could shoot it in any direction as well. Actually my main use for it was to make sure i had it when those stupid bees from that egg started appearing in numbers cause i missed my shot (now thats how ya can get powerups though.

Most weapons in Megaman games are useless. I'd say about 3 quarters of them.

I loved the first legends. Never got around to the 2nd though. Megaman Juno rocks.
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#43  Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

Your right about that, most of the time you just end up using your trusty blaster anyway.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#44  Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I've been playing Megaman since I was a dibbun. I used to play them at my cousin's house when he would babysit me. Man, that was back when i was like 6 or 7 maybe... Thats over 10 years of my life. My bro has had megaman available to him almost as long but only got into megaman a few years ago. (2 or 3?)

As for Fireball's coment on wood man's weapon, you really thought his weapon was cool? I've never found the shield all that usefull. except in Drill man's stage in megaman 4. The skull barrier makes getting passed those rock droppers alot easier.

If you ask me the most usefull weapon in mm2 was the metal blade.

Ahhh... i remember growing up with megaman 3 along with other video games like sonic the hedgehog 2 and super mario bros back when i was 4. :happy:  (man... those were some of my first memories :stun:  ) Though at that age, i usually couldnt beat the first level, lol while i mostly remember watching my brother play megaman... and also remembering him and me drawing pictures of the blue bomber along with the mm 3 bosses. :veryhappy:  A few years later... i started getting into the megaman games even more back when i would go over to two of my friends house and played more new mm games with them... and those two are the ones who got me into the X seires. Yea... that was back when i was 6 and so on, and it was also the time were i was introduced to bomberman. I remember making up my first own eight mm bosses, and also making up my own armour in the X seires(even made a comic book about bomberman meeting megaman when i was about 7). lol Alright... i'll stop rambling on about my child hood of video gaming. lol

Oh, and by the way... your wright about metal man's weopon being one of the most useful items in the game, but you really didnt think woodman's power was any good!? I remember how awsome his weopon was in skull castle... same goes for quick man's, also for the fact that it barely ran out of weapon evergy and worked really well against most of the bosses(not just for skull castle, but for some the eight bosses as well).

Last edited by THE Gold Bomberman on Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm
MysticBomber
Bomberdude

Post#45  Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I love the Megaman series.

I really like the Legends series... I don't know why...

blue bomberman wrote:
From what I heard Tenguman's music is different from Sega Sat and the PSX....

Yes, they are very different. I have the mp3s, in case you're interested. I also have the themes of Cut Man and Wood Man.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#46  Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
A battle with woodman and cutman eh? Not the coolest megaman bosses ever made but thats still a interesting difference. What stage do you fight them in? Clown man?

You fight woodman in searchman's stage

Regulus 777 wrote:

Yeah, there's only been like 10 different weapons ever: shields, bombs, elemental beams, missiles, boomerangs, etc. But there's some unique ones, like crash, snake, guts, top, metal (the most useful weapon of any megaman game) and then theres generic ones (wood, skull, flash, bright, plant, yamato, pharaoh, heat, etc.)
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#47  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Okay quick question.

Who's cooler Mega Man, or X?

In my honest opinions... I'd have to say that Mega Man is hands down. He's *alot* more cheery than X is. His theme song is better too.*Listen to the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 mix* His personally is closer to earth. (X is too naive and angsty)

Rock knows how to enjoy life better (to me) than X ever will. (God anyone who played any of X's games will know how depressing he is...)

Yeah X may have better games. But I think Rock hits home with me.

What do you think?
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#48  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:04 am  Reply with quote + 
That would be Mega man, for me.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#49  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I definately agree that regular Megaman is better as a character. X is definately too naive.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#50  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
blue bomberman wrote:
Okay quick question.

Who's cooler Mega Man, or X?

In my honest opinions... I'd have to say that Mega Man is hands down. He's *alot* more cheery than X is. His theme song is better too.*Listen to the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 mix* His personally is closer to earth. (X is too naive and angsty)

Rock knows how to enjoy life better (to me) than X ever will. (God anyone who played any of X's games will know how depressing he is...)

What do you think?

Whoa, whoa, whoa now!!! :surprise:  Who says that the x games are better?? :stun: 
Anyways, i agree on one part that you said about X... he can be preety anoying on how he always doesnt want to fight, so it really makes him a bit of a "boy scout". I mean, theres always all kinds of wars going on in the x seires, so he really doesnt have a choice on weither he wants to fight or not. But thats the thing... can you really blame X for being so depressed all the time? :mystery:  Again, he's always at war with the maverics, has to constantly fight(not just against new maverics, but also has to kill sigma over and over again)... he's watched his best friend zero die in the past two times already! :surprise:  You would probably go crazy if you were in his shoes, or... giant round metal boots that is. :oops: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#51  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Gold Bomberman wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa now!!! :surprise:  Who says that the x games are better?? :stun: 

blue bomberman wrote:

You missed the third word in my sentence.

The Gold Bomberman wrote:

Anyways, i agree on one part that you said about X... he can be preety anoying on how he always doesnt want to fight, so it really makes him a bit of a "boy scout". I mean, theres always all kinds of wars going on in the x seires, so he really doesnt have a choice on weither he wants to fight or not. But thats the thing... can you really blame X for being so depressed all the time? :mystery:  Again, he's always at war with the maverics, has to constantly fight(not just against new maverics, but also has to kill sigma over and over again)... he's watched his best friend zero die in the past two times already! :surprise:  You would probably go crazy if you were in his shoes, or... giant round metal boots that is. :oops: 

So, Rock often had to fight Wily too. Of course Rock too didn't like to fight alot either. He also lost 2 good friends in the GB games, but it didn't drop him into depresssion.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#52  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
True, true.... so rock and X can relate alittle bit, but that doesnt mean that rock's personality is always cheery or anything. Mm 7 sorta showed a more darker side of rock when he was actually about to kill willy. So the two are alittle more smiliar than you think, even the ol' blue bomber can get preety angry or dipressed every now then.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#53  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes i know, he also was upset after mm bass until he read king's letter. but i still think rock's a bit more stable minded than X.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#54  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Again, that is true... as megaman, he fights plenty of battles like X does. But as rock, he's just a normal kid hanging around with dr. light and roll, so he sorta leads a double life kinda thing. While X does'nt really... which also gives a good reason why X is always stressed out all the time.

Post#55  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
X, as we all know, is quite possiably one of the biggest wimps in Video Game History. Don't get wrong, X is cool and all, but he's so wimping and trusts people way too easily (remember X4? He trusted Double WAY too easily, like he was turned into one of his best friends or something. Then he is still like "Why Double?" after Double told him he was a double-agent working for Sigma). Zero died like three times, so X should know by now that Zero AND Sigma just come back to life when they die, of Capcom leaves a little too many plotholes. It's almost like they don't even care about MMX's storyline anymore. Heck, I was surprised myself when (SPOILER for MMX: CM) Sigma wasn't in the game (END SPOILER).

As for Megaman, he isn't wimpy. But he doesn't hold the power X does (Megaman doesn't have upgradable armor like X does) so in a fight, X would easily win. But Megaman definatly is better at life than X is. He lives life to the fullest while X doesn't.

That's all just my opinion though.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#56  Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
That guest was me, I apparently didn't log in. I could have sworn i did though...

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Razon
Board Admin

Post#57  Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Users posting from SSJ-Sonic 254's IP address
Regulus 777 [ 25 Posts ]

SSJ-Sonic 254 [ 9 Posts ]

Guest [ 1 Post ]

hmm... regulus?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#58  Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm surprised no one has assumed anything yet. SSJ-Sonic is my brother. We've left plenty of hints (to our amusement) like how we both got pocket watches for christmas or when he had the saphire avatar, and i had the diamond avatar. I don't know if anyone knew this but they are brothers. *shrug* Oh well. It's out now. It's the same adress since its obviously the same computer.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#59  Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow,O.o i wasn't even thinking about it until that post razon made...
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#60  Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, it was fun while it lasted...

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2016s
Index - Back to Top