[Replies: 59]  [Views: 24268]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Has nayone played the megaman x sereis? I think they are the best of the megaman games. With X3 being the absolute favorite. Then it is X1 and then X2. I never played the X4 and up (for obvious reasons) And from What I heard, X5 and X6 were pretty sucky...

As for the 2 Xtreme games, Sucky is a definite understatement for them... ?_?'

My favorite character is of course Mega Man X himself, I love him much more than anyone else. And Then I like Magma Dragoon, Neon Tiger, Flame Stag for the Mavericks.

Just wondering, Why do people call them "Mavericks" anyway??

Last edited by BlueBomberman on Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:54 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm i don't recall playing any megaman x games.. though i have played lousy fan clones :hilarious: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I love not only the MMX series, but most megaman games.

As far as X goes though my favorite is Megaman X, my second favorite is Megaman X 4.

I have Xtreme 2 indeed it is horrible. My favorite character in the whole series is Vile who was a boss in MMX and MMX3, he also got an appearence in the Megaman cartoon.

My other favorite mavericks though... I liked Sting Chameleon, he was cool, Slash beast was cool. I can't really decide.

Also as you can tell, I'm an Axl fan. He's probly my favorite Maverick Hunter. Just figure while I'm at it, that I hate Zero with a passion.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
a maverick means a computer program that doesn't do what its told, hence, the mavericks/irregulars of megaman x series.

I would also like to say: megaman x5 and x6 do not suck. They are not of megaman 2 or 3 caliber, but they are still good. I would give x5 an 8 and x6 a 9. X5's problems were the lack of stuff to do, the music (some of it sucked, whereas x6's was worth buying the game for).
X6 had lots of hidden things and it made gameplay easier, but the levels were linear without good design, and the action wasn't as good.

X8 came out recently, and the soundtrack is even worse than X7's; where X7 had at least SOME good music (relation - vs red, combination - vs mega scorpio on the soundtrack), X8's entire soundtrack sucks ass. However, the voicework is much better, and the game itself is much better as well, with excellent level design, action, optional stuff, etc. If the music, new character design, story line, etc. didn't suck so bad, I would have said that x8 was my favorite mmx game so far.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
blue bomberman wrote:
I think they are the best of the megaman games.

Thats a dangerous thing to say round me, a dangerous thing indeed. Though the megaman x games are freaken awesome, i still wouldn't say they were the best of the series, concidering they made alot less out of the systems they were built on (A), and the fact that the gameplay was practically unchanged really (B). Only real difference i saw was megaman could literaly climb walls (used to be ye need an item to ride a little elevator up walls (megaman 2). Oh yeah, and the objects you could ride every once in awhile (like the battle armour). But overall i got alot more enjoyment out of the origonal 5(nes) then the x series.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I also agree that the original series in comparison to the X series the original was better but certain games of both series are beaten by games of the other. um... to sort of explain this let me list my top 10 megaman games....

1 Megaman 2
2 Megaman 4
3 Megaman X
4 Megaman 8
5 Megaman 6
6 Megaman X4
7 Megaman 64 (legends)
8 Megaman X3
9 Megaman 5
10 Megaman 3
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've never played many of the Nes Megaman games
I'm play MM7 right now. It's pretty fun...but ... I don't get the idea of buying items from Auto that...

Most of the Orignal MM games don't let you retry beaten stages. It's beat one and you choose the next one, If you didn't get everything there... too bad. I like X series better since you can go back and play your favorite stage as much as you want and find stuff you might have over looked. And the armor upgrades were what I liked most about the games.

Megaman Zero series were okay but having to have an "A" or "S" ranking to get a ex skill (master weapon for Zero) is too frustating to have fun. Especially if you use cyber elves or die alot. And there's no armor upgrades either...

And trust me, Regulus does not kid about hating Zero. He hates Sigma even more... But then again, who likes that guy anyway??? He's looks hideous!
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:10 am  Reply with quote + 
the only megaman games i've ever played was Megaman Legends 1&2 so i havent played the megaman x series.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
blue bomberman wrote:
I've never played many of the Nes Megaman games
I'm play MM7 right now. It's pretty fun...but ... I don't get the idea of buying items from Auto that...

Most of the Orignal MM games don't let you retry beaten stages. It's beat one and you choose the next one, If you didn't get everything there... too bad. I like X series better since you can go back and play your favorite stage as much as you want and find stuff you might have over looked. And the armor upgrades were what I liked most about the games.

Well in the old megaman games you don't need to go back to find stuff you missed cause there wasn't anything to get as far as armor parts and stuff goes. The only thing you could possibly complain about is energy tanks and even then they usually make plenty to get in the final stages. It was only megaman , mm2 and mm3 that didn't let you go back to beaten stages. mm4 and up did let you.
BomberKorin
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Definently played a few X Games, but my favorite still has to be the first, Megaman X ^_^ I think its a bit biased though, because its probably due to the fact that it was the introduction to this whole new megaman world, and the first time you get to see the ultra power armor and stuff...
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I love the X series. I have X, X2, X3, X4, and X6. I also played Xtreme 2, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. I didn't really like X2 much, as it looked Capcom tried to get it over with and work on MM7. I also love the orignal Megaman series.

I personally thought that Megaman games are more suited in a 2d setup. X7 looked really wierd. If they wanted more 3d MM games, Capcom should make more Legends games.

I tried the first MMZ. It was annoying. I couldn't beat that dude at the junkyard. Although I liked the weapon system in it, they could've made the game less diffucult.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man, all this talk about megaman, im getting this want to play good ol megaman 2. *goes and plays megaman 2*
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#13  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
*nod* Megaman 2 is the best one. First one I ever played... Must be my favorite due to emotional attachment.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Same with me, my brother owns it, but since his nes broke, i mostly play it threw emulation on my pocket pc ^^.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#15  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Does anyone know how to beat wily's second machine in MM7? I need help...
Necro
Bomberbie

Post#16  Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:08 am  Reply with quote + 
I think if you first hit Wily with the Electric Attack from Cloudman, it'll stop him from using his attacks. After that, before he disappears, nail him with Spring Man's weapon.

It's time consuming, but it's an easy way to win. Hopefully you're playing some variation of the SNES game, and not the port on the Anniversary Collection..
Razon
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey welcome to the Bombermanboard Necro, please enjoy your stay and make sure to follow the rules :P
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:00 am  Reply with quote + 
Yup welcome to bomberman board Necro :P
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Welcome to the bomberman board Necro! :veryhappy: 

Necro wrote:
I think if you first hit Wily with the Electric Attack from Cloudman, it'll stop him from using his attacks. After that, before he disappears, nail him with Spring Man's weapon.

It's time consuming, but it's an easy way to win. Hopefully you're playing some variation of the SNES game, and not the port on the Anniversary Collection..

hmmmm...... Does that really work?? :oops:  I always use the rush armour to beat wily(my way of beating him is also very time consuming, and also really hard). :hilarious:  But your idea is interesting though.... i have tried using cloudman's move on him before, it shocked him for a split second, but i cant always repeat that process sence he's usually up high. But i might try it out with the springs too some day.

Oh... and whats the differents between playing the game on the anniversary collection than from the snes? :mystery: 
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Wierd fealing gc controller? Thatd be my best guess on the difference.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 3 Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1707s
Index - Back to Top