Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Super Robot Teisen Original Generation
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 2104]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Finally, thanks to Atlus, we can enjoy some of the wonders of the Super Robot Wars francise. If you ever played tactical RPG's such as Shining Force or Fire Emblem, you'll be familiar with the gameplay in Super Robot Teisen. While its not exactly like those two francises in various ways, it has several things that make the game very unique compared to other tactical RPGs. For example, you pilot giant mechas in a futuristic world, as opposed to the typical fantasy/medieval settings of other tactical RPGs. You can also customize the vechiles in the game by assigning different pilots to them, equipping speical parts to the vechiles, having a unique arsenal of weapons to use, and even upgrading the vechiles and weapons themselves for cost of a pretty penny. You can also upgrade your pilots via the Pilot Point system, where you could ethier spend 4 points to boost a single stat, or wait and spend it on a speical ability, such as boosting the chances of counterattacking a enemy before they even attack, among other abilites.

Personally, I love this game. It may not have all the different mecha from anime such as the Gundam or Robotech series like the other ones in the series, but you can definatly tell that the designs of the mecha were inspired by such anime, and even the attack sequances, you could tell. Because of this game, I'm very interested in the other games of the popular Japaness francise.

Anyone else got/interested in this game?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:48 am  Reply with quote + 
I haven't had much chance to play it, but from what I've played I think I'm going to really like it when i get the time to play through it. Probably wont like it as much as mentioned Fire Emblem or Shining Force games but it will be a fresh experience for me to this genre being futuristic rather then fantasy. I like the ability to customize and upgrade your mecha and pilots how you wish, but the story and characters definately are not as strongly developed as the Fire Emblem games from what I've seen so far.. I'm not saying iy is bad its just much weaker then Fire Emblem.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Sounds a bit too much like front mission

http://www.fantasyanime.com/squaresoft/frontmission.htm

seriously, one of the best strat-rpgs ever.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:56 am  Reply with quote + 
hehe

Another game I've been meaning to play....

*downloads*
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Trombeeeee!!!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1630s
Index - Back to Top