Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Nintendo shaking of the kiddy image
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 1577]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

MysticBomber
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Seriously, with games like Red Steel (third party), Disaster (first party) and Project H.A.M.M.E.R (first party) Nintendo seems like it will remove its kiddy image.
View user profile Send Private Message
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't think so, they're just in denial. Everyone is still going to think of Nintendo as a kiddie game company Its not like there's anything wrong with family friendly games anyway. Besides, most serious gamers don't care about that, and for those that do, there are just as many Nintendo fanboys as there are Sony/MS fanboys, if not more. If they really want to shake the image, then they'll either have to do away with or totally overhaul their pokemon franchise, an RPG so oversimplified and blissfully childish it makes Paper Mario (which they'll also have to fix if they respect their fans) look like Mortal Kombat.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Kuttlas wrote:
I don't think so, they're just in denial. Everyone is still going to think of Nintendo as a kiddie game company Its not like there's anything wrong with family friendly games anyway. Besides, most serious gamers don't care about that, and for those that do, there are just as many Nintendo fanboys as there are Sony/MS fanboys, if not more. If they really want to shake the image, then they'll either have to do away with or totally overhaul their pokemon franchise, an RPG so oversimplified and blissfully childish it makes Paper Mario (which they'll also have to fix if they respect their fans) look like Mortal Kombat.

I love the Paper Mario series... :oops: 

Mortal Kombat Paper Mario...I can just see it now.

"Mario WINS! Mushroomtality!"

Oh, the possibilities!

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1615s
Index - Back to Top