BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Shadow the Hedgehog = No-No (Buckle down, Its a looong post)
[Replies: 17]  [Views: 7943]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:30 am  Reply with quote + 
I heard for some time now that Shadow the Hedgehog aka "The Most Amazing Character Ever"! (note the sarcasim) is gonna have his own game... Big Whoop. :shifty: 

I hate Shadow with a passion. No matter how cool they make him, he still does not strike me as a "Sonic" character. He never seems to fit in any of the games they make. He merely registers as a "Dark Sonic" who's overly angsty for the whole "Sonic" atmoshpere, that's it. Sonic had a rival in Metal Sonic, and he still does. But for some bloody reason, Shadow has been getting more action than he needs.

He was cool in Sonic Adventure 2, but bringing him back in Sonic Heroes was a big no-no and practically killed the whole plot (The same reason Regulus hates Zero); not that there was a real plot... In SA2, Shadow's plot had tons and tons of plotholes. It was like a house with swiss cheese for support beams; it just fell flat. They go on about Maria, and Dr.Gerald, and "the promise"... Another big whoop. :shifty:  And to make it worse, by the end of the game his relationships with each character were non-existant. And then Sega axes him...

And then they have the nerve to bring him back in Heroes, since he's "The Most Amazing Character Ever"! according to many fanboy/girls, and with his "return" comes even more plotholes. What a joke. Can they please turn the never-ending mystery down a little bit, please? I'll even throw in $20!

Now, with "Shadow the Hedgehog", we're going to learn about Shadow's past and get some answers. But I predict that, by the end, we're going to have a lot more questions than answers! I mean, seriously, being able to choose how evil you are by handling missions in certain ways is a great idea, but what it ultimately leads to is a bunch of endings that run into each other, effectively rendering each one non-canon. How lovely... So any information we learn about this character will have to be learned during the game. Oy... :xeyes: 

I just want"The Most Amazing Character Ever" to die. Just get rid of him and replace with another character. Or better yet, get rid of all the throw-away characters (Rouge, Cream, Omega, Big) that have been building up in the past few games and bring the focus back to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, etc...

Right now, Shadow is dead to me. Destroying what little story he had in Sonic Heroes with amnesia cliche/plot device was a terrible move, and it is obvious that this happened because they wanted to be mysterious with him again. :xeyes:  One terribly written mystery was enough for me, I don't need another one that makes even less sense.

I'm probably will not get this game, since it "focuses" on that "Evil Hedgie" wannabe and not Sonic or any one that truly deserves it.

...Wow, I was very choppy with my statements.
View user profile Send Private Message
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Soryline in SA2 was awesome and i toatally agree that bringing him back in heroes messed it all up

If they want another Hedgehog they should bring Manic back from Sonic underground, maby not as Sonic's brother but apart from thet crockerdile who sucks there isnt any gren charicters

I will not make the mistake that i did with heroes with Shadow the hedgehog by preordering it, i was so dissapointed by it, i shall wait for CUBE to review it first, if it does good, whitch is unlikely i will get it
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've never been a shadow fan either and think his existence was never useful in any way. You are right. Sega has been adding more and more (most of the time) unnecasary characters to the sonic series and the series has been straying farther and farther from its original ideals. Even worse then that is how they bring them back repeatedely. Bringing back useless or dead characters goes against common sense. Thats exactly why i hate Zero from Megaman X. He was cool and his death meant something the first time, a great way to remember the character but brining him back in the next game defeats the purpose of that alltogether. If you want to keep a character in a series don't make them die. It's not that hard to grasp. Over the past 5ish years I've slowly lost most of my faith in the sonic series.

As for the other characters, even though Rouge was basically added in just so Knuckles could have a rival and is probably the least "important" of the fairly new characters she's my favorite. Omega was dumb I hated him. nuff said. Cream is annoying.... She might've been better in Sonic Heroes if they didn't get a 5 year old that needs cough drops to do her voice. I have no opinion of The Chaotix. I know they've been around a long time, but the only time i took any particular interest in them was the Archie Comics.

Yes... with Sonic and many other series I've lost interest in gone how many series am I still a hopeful fan of.....

Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Mega Man, Fire Emblem, Mario
Wouldn't you know it? Half of them are tactical RPGs

Nice rant, better than most of mine.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
I considered shadow cooler then sonic but adding guns to the new game seems kinda stupid.. But I probably will download it since I can burn ps2 games so its not costing me much.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I have no opinion of The Chaotix. I know they've been around a long time, but the only time i took any particular interest in them was the Archie Comics.

Yeah I kinda have no opinion of them either, They're not lame or dumb, but they don't appeal to me that much.

Fire Emblem is still awesome, I finally beat Sacred Stones, the last chapter is much easier than the first GBA Fire Emblem's last chapter... :stun:  . I'm restarting Shining Force since I'm bored, once I beat it again I'll play SF2.

I dumped Mega Man Battle Network 4, I've got another reason to hate it now... :shifty:  I'll be returning it to my friend soon.
Speaking of Rock, I dunno if I'll ever play Mega Man X7 or X8. They broke some serious trends when they made it 3D... That series has to stay 2D...

I can't wait for the MMX Collection game.

Phantasy Star I've never played; probably since I'm more interested in Shining Froce. Might play it sometime. And as for Mario, I hope dearly that Mario will never lose his luster... He's the only one I can rely on as a great platformer series now... -_-

Regulus 777 wrote:
Nice rant, better than most of mine.

Yeah, I'm trying to be more meaningful with my rare random ranting. :wink: 
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
I considered shadow cooler then sonic but adding guns to the new game seems kinda stupid.. But I probably will download it since I can burn ps2 games so its not costing me much.

not costing much? how about not costing at all XD. well anyways ive always liked shadow better than sonic. ive always liked the bad guys in most types of games. shadow is not really a bad guy though but he looks like it ^.^.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomba_Twist wrote:
Razon wrote:

not costing much? how about not costing at all XD. well anyways ive always liked shadow better than sonic. ive always liked the bad guys in most types of games. shadow is not really a bad guy though but he looks like it ^.^.
It cost around 55 cents to get the right kind of dvd to use so there is still a very small cost ;p
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
It cost around 55 cents to get the right kind of dvd to use so there is still a very small cost ;p

Right kind of DVD? You mean, one with a barcode or something? Would that allow you to play burned games on an unmodded PS2?

But yeah, shadow sucks. I'm not a particularly big fan of sonic since the 3d days, but I've always seen a similarity between megaman and sonic -

sonic = megaman (the good guy, both are blue)
knuckles = protoman (the rival, both are red, because red is the opposite of blue!)

and when the rival becomes a good guy, they need a new rival, so shadow = bass (both just happen to be black, because nothing is more evil than black).
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Interesting observation there Kuttlas

and Blue, if you get into Phantasy Star its not a tactical strategy RPG its a more Regular RPG. One of the best traditionaly PS games is Phantasy Star IV for Sega Genesis. I have the rom if you want to try it out. (Its one of the few i have) You could also play Phantasy Star Online, but that game needs alot of devotion. Devotion you may find yourself giving without a choice. I was literally addicted to that game for 2 years. I hardly play it anymore but alltogether I've probably put 600-800 hours into that game. I must say hours I've lost with no regret.

As for Shining Force I'm currently playing through my 3rd game of Shining Force III which is really really good. I got to the last chapter in 2 days and plan on finishing up either tonight or tomorrow night.I'm still meaning to play through SF 2 at some point and eventually SF 1 a 3rd time. *sigh* The ways a geek spends his life.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Kuttlas wrote:
Razon wrote:

Right kind of DVD? You mean, one with a barcode or something? Would that allow you to play burned games on an unmodded PS2?

But yeah, shadow sucks. I'm not a particularly big fan of sonic since the 3d days, but I've always seen a similarity between megaman and sonic -

sonic = megaman (the good guy, both are blue)
knuckles = protoman (the rival, both are red, because red is the opposite of blue!)

and when the rival becomes a good guy, they need a new rival, so shadow = bass (both just happen to be black, because nothing is more evil than black).
Well there is over 12 versions of ps2's and they are all fussy about what kind of disks they accept.. like dvd-r/rw/cd-r/rw and the brand.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:26 am  Reply with quote + 
I have arisen from the dead...

And revived a old topic in the process.

Yes, Shadow is, quite simiply, the most overrated of Sonic's rivals. The idea of using guns sounds both good and stupid. How can I put this statement so everyone can understand it....?

Well, since it not techinacally a Sonic game, I think Sega/Sonic Team has the ability to mess around with this game. So then if we hated it, then it wouldn't excatly effect the Sonic series.

Yes, bringing Shadow back from the dead was a very bad move. It only made SEGA/Sonic Team look like they have a bunch of fanboys/girls working on the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm loyal to Sega more than anything else, but they have been doing some very bad mistakes ever since the Saturn days.

I hate a good portion of the new characters in the Sonic series. I hate Big, but then again, who doesn't? I really hate Cream. She always talks as if she was whining and it's really annoying to try to understand what she is saying. Rouge is a character that could've worked well, but they have been gradiully making her worse. And Shadow could've worked, but then they did a whole bunch of stupid crap to him.

That said, I am doubtful of Sega making a huge comeback at this point in time.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Segas last chance to save the Sonic games from falling into complete crap is to make a descent job on one on the Revolution, they need a platform that plays differently to expell all the muck and dirt that its gradually gather while beaing passed around the outher ones

if they fail to do that Sonic is doomed to be a charicter who only appeals to small children
S O N I C
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think shadow is cool with the guns its sure gonna surprise a lot of sonic fans and angery parents probaly thinking wtf i fought sonic was a good role model to my childern.
It would be fun if there still planning on making sa3 to add manic in it and of course ray
-Sonic The Hedgehog

1m 4 n00b p?34$3 91v3 m3 m0n3? =)
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:43 am  Reply with quote + 
I donno, i can't say i hate shadow, but i prefered sa to sa2 in every way, as for anything newer then that in the sonic series, havn't played it.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#15  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh, According to Gamespot and other sources, Shadow has offically "flopped". A 4.3? Ouch.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#16  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I haven't tried it yet but I still don't think I'm gonig to like it. We knew it all along eh Blue?
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#17  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I haven't tried it yet but I still don't think I'm gonig to like it. We knew it all along eh Blue?

Yeah, for the strangest of reasons and for the longest of times, I knew that this game would suck. O_o

And then there's those idiotic Shadow fanboys/girls that are giving this game a 10/10, and are stating that the review is baised and the guy who wrote it was too strict and/or not a Sonic fan. But then they do nothing for themselves in thier own review but put one badly written paragraph... Heh.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:14 am  Reply with quote + 
The sonic fans have been fooling themselves for the past few years. They've become so fanboyish that they actually still think the games coming out are good. It's quite depressing really. I played Sonic heroes only a bit but it was the worst Sonic experience of my life... Well except for Sonic Shuffle, that game was just pure crap.

The Sonic fans are too stubborn. The sales of the lousy Sonic games only encourage Sonic Team to continue making them the same way. If they sell what does the quality matter?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1862s
Index - Back to Top