Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman and Game Critics. :CLOSED:
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 1170]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:32 am  Reply with quote + 
I recently looked at Gaming Magazine reviews for Bomberman 64/Baku Bomberman. The game reviewers were criticizing the Game for the changes it made to the Battle mode. I found their criticisms to be extremely unfair. They were basically criticizing the game because the Battle mode didn't take place in a grid, giving the game mediocre scores. They didn't even treat the Adventure/Story mode fairly (I think one critic said that Normal Mode isn't the highlight which is a LIE.). One butthurt critic talked about their memories of playing DynaBlaster (screw that name) being ruined because of the changes. Personally, I think these "reviews" are deplorable. I have a LONG history with Game Magazines/Websites (They called Mega Man X5 primitive. Were they drunk?).
Here is a link to the awful reviews. What do you think?
http://www.randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/bomb/n64-1/ref.html#magazine

A game reviewer said that Single Player Super Bomberman 2 sucks. YEAH. That's why i hate dealing with Battle Mode Fanboys.

Last edited by BakuBonba on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 am
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I remember this. Game reviewers have never really had a lot of journalistic integrity to my recollection. It's very opinionated, particularly in old magazines, in which they seem to try to slam anything they don't like in order to appeal to kids.

I take it with a grain of salt. Ideally, if you're judging anything, you should only compare it to a similar product, if you compare it to another product at all. I'm not really sure if game reviewers had a lot of skill qualifications, though, other than the ability to write and play video games, to be honest.
BakuBonba
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I never listen to Game Journalists. 9.8 times out of 10, they Nitpick at something or criticize something.
http://www.randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/bomb/sat-1/ref.html#magazine
Did they just criticize Saturn Bomberman's graphics?! ...And that's why I prefer Archie Sonic Comics to Fleetway's Comics.
"When Konami gives you lemons, remember that this mode is the closest we'll ever get to a Bomberman x Kirby crossover. Make of that what you will." -BakuBonba on "Super Bomberman R's Memory Cartridges in Grand Prix Battle Mode."
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1325s
Index - Back to Top