BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Did the Bomberman games always do better in sales in Japan??
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 1981]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm saying this because an article reveals that "Super Bomberman R" were the best sales compared to any other Bomberman game in Japan.

And the fact that we didn't get every Bomberman game that was released outside of Japan.
Yeah I know the Bomberman series originated in Japan and had a history of being popular over there. But wouldn't the low sales of Bomberman outside of Japan affect the chances of us getting a new Bomberman game and once again having the games Japan exclusive?

I'm still thankful we got Super Bomberman R instead of it being Japan exclusive, I hope we get some more Bomberman games.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman has always done better in Japan. This is probably in part a cultural thing, though that's just my speculation. I don't believe that fewer sales outside of Japan would cause them to stop releasing home console Bomberman games outside of Japan.

Over the past couple of decades, the vast majority of Japan-exclusive Bomberman titles were either

1) Bomberman Land games, which were largely unreleased outside Japan
2) Purely online Bomberman games for the PC
3) Mobile games

Standard Bomberman games are typically released outside of Japan even if they don't do so well out here.

Of course, now we have to hope that they actually continue making Bomberman games...
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Bomberman has always done better in Japan. This is probably in part a cultural thing, though that's just my speculation. I don't believe that fewer sales outside of Japan would cause them to stop releasing home console Bomberman games outside of Japan.

Over the past couple of decades, the vast majority of Japan-exclusive Bomberman titles were either

1) Bomberman Land games, which were largely unreleased outside Japan
2) Purely online Bomberman games for the PC
3) Mobile games

Standard Bomberman games are typically released outside of Japan even if they don't do so well out here.

Of course, now we have to hope that they actually continue making Bomberman games...

Yeah. I just thought, why I'am I worried about games never making it outside of Japan? I just remembered that we are in the 8th generation of consoles and practically every new console is region-free (excluding the Wii U and 3DS) these days including the Nintendo Switch. :oops:  :laugh: 

Region-locking was so back then, and seems outdated now.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, that's true. The big problem would be the lack of dialogue translation if they keep going with games like R (although on the flip side, Japanese voice actors generally sound better). Though, I doubt we have to worry about it - we probably should worry more about whether they'll keep making them.
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Yeah, that's true. The big problem would be the lack of dialogue translation if they keep going with games like R (although on the flip side, Japanese voice actors generally sound better).

If I needed help knowing the Japanese text, I'd go on GameFAQs because that's where I usually find out on where to go in the games Japanese text when I'm playing Japanese imports, or I just randomly guess and click to see what mode the games are.

But then again most Japanese games are import friendly and isn't that hard to get through everything except if your playing RPGs, Adventure games, Strategy games, or text based games.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
No, I mean, given that Super Bomberman R actually had dialogue, as in characters speaking - the average player wouldn't be able to understand what's being said throughout the story if they play the Japanese version. So in the unlikely event that there is a future release that is Japan exclusive, people importing the game would miss that aspect of the game.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
No, I mean, given that Super Bomberman R actually had dialogue, as in characters speaking - the average player wouldn't be able to understand what's being said throughout the story if they play the Japanese version. So in the unlikely event that there is a future release that is Japan exclusive, people importing the game would miss that aspect of the game.

Sounds good to me.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1347s
Index - Back to Top