nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#81  Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 am  Reply with quote + 
Ugh. It's been 10~11 months and next update won't released. :sad: 
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#82  Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:39 am  Reply with quote + 
I am sorry with such state of things, but I've been really busy lately. Work is getting done though, for one conveyor belts have been repaired last week and bombs don't get stuck on them anymore. There are more tweaks coming and I am sure you'll like them.
miru
Bomberbie

Post#83  Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Will Natia show up in the game?
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#84  Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Excuse me, Jaklub. Can you upload musics, sound effect and voices from old version of this game?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#85  Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
miru wrote:
Will Natia show up in the game?

IDK really, but unfortunately probably not. I don't think Normal Mode will have any characters spawned by N64 games. About Battle Mode cast, it's mostly about sprites, although it'd be the best to have five Dastardly Bombers or Bagura or Mujoe playable before anyone else from Bomberman.

In general, I am very open to any support I can receive, whether it's feedback or assets. If anyone wants to contribute something, you can ask me about base spritesheets and such. Thanks in advance!

AndyThePrince703 wrote:
Excuse me, Jaklub. Can you upload musics, sound effect and voices from old version of this game?

Sounds from pre-release version of Rho Bomberman 0.1.1 (the first one).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20%282%29/rhobomberman01sfx.rar
Sounds were ripped from Bomberman, Bomberman '93, Bomberman '94, Super Bomberman 2, Super Bomberman 3, Saturn Bomberman, Super Bomberman 5, Bomberman World and Bomberman Party Edition.

Rho Bomberman 0.2.1 music is here.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20%282%29/rhomusic.rar
Aside from title screen track being ripped from Saturn Bomberman's Master mode, there is nothing noteworthy compared to Power Bomberman 0.3.1, though. Here is the 0.2.1 itself, in case if you're interested (it's faster paced, but less polished)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/Nowy%20folder%20%282%29/rho021.rar
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#86  Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
I can make sprite sheets of the 5 Bad Bombers, Professor Bagura, and, why not, Mujoe as well. I already experimented with the Saturn Bomberman style and made a bunch of frontal sprites of characters a few years ago, and these guys are fairly simple. All I need is a base sprite sheet and information on character sizes (Golem, Bagura, and Mujoe are larger so I need to know how restrictive your game is or is not regarding sprite sheets).

I honestly haven't played the game a whole lot, but there are a few things that I just noticed:

This is a rather insignificant thing, but the Revenge Carts from Saturn Bomberman have two states - full and empty. The sprites on the upper part of my sheet are displayed when the player is capable of throwing a bomb, and the sprites on the lower part are displayed when the player's one and only bomb is on field and he/she cannot throw another. Not sure if you noticed this or just decided not to implement it.

Also, regarding bomb explosions - I'm not sure how you're programmatically spawning explosions, but when an explosion from one bomb detonates another bomb, the explosion generated by the second bomb shouldn't have an "arm" of fire extending through the "arm" of the first bomb.

Hm, I'm not sure how clear that is... Okay, I assume that you're spawning one "middle explosion" object, which then procedurally places the correct number of "arm explosion" objects on each of its four sides, depending on its Fire level and the available space. Basically, if, say, an upward-facing arm of an explosion hits a bomb from the south and detonates it, then the newly detonated bomb should just completely skip the part of its procedure that generates its southward-extending arm of fire.

An example can be seen here. My bomb was the leftmost one, and it was hit by an explosion from the right. It generated an arm of fire to the right, passing over all of those other explosions.

http://i59.tinypic.com/351flmu.jpg

The problem isn't only aesthetic. It is also is a little confusing and prevents the tactic of blocking a stronger bomb's blast by placing a weaker bomb in its path.

Also, in the Score Mode, I got stuck on the fifth level, I think... I wasn't able to launch myself over the barrier using the seesaw because there was a Soft Block in my way, so I just bounced and wrapped around the stage.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#87  Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I can make sprite sheets of the 5 Bad Bombers, Professor Bagura, and, why not, Mujoe as well. I already experimented with the Saturn Bomberman style and made a bunch of frontal sprites of characters a few years ago, and these guys are fairly simple. All I need is a base sprite sheet and information on character sizes (Golem, Bagura, and Mujoe are larger so I need to know how restrictive your game is or is not regarding sprite sheets).

That would be pretty darn amazing! :D Currently the game displays all the players as 32x32 frames from chosen character sheet. It looks like this:

I will be adding the crouching pose later into the last column.
+ HUD icons are loaded from a separate graphic set, 3 16x16 icons (normal, eliminated and happy, latter currently unused but likely will be at a later date).
If there is an absolute need, I can expand the size of frames to 40x40 or so for chosen characters.

plasm wrote:
I honestly haven't played the game a whole lot, but there are a few things that I just noticed:

This is a rather insignificant thing, but the Revenge Carts from Saturn Bomberman have two states - full and empty. The sprites on the upper part of my sheet are displayed when the player is capable of throwing a bomb, and the sprites on the lower part are displayed when the player's one and only bomb is on field and he/she cannot throw another. Not sure if you noticed this or just decided not to implement it.

I actually didn't notice that before, since that thing is blinking like crazy when you can't shoot another bomb and I didn't pay attention to the ship. I will get that in, thanks.

plasm wrote:
Also, regarding bomb explosions - I'm not sure how you're programmatically spawning explosions, but when an explosion from one bomb detonates another bomb, the explosion generated by the second bomb shouldn't have an "arm" of fire extending through the "arm" of the first bomb.

Hm, I'm not sure how clear that is... Okay, I assume that you're spawning one "middle explosion" object, which then procedurally places the correct number of "arm explosion" objects on each of its four sides, depending on its Fire level and the available space. Basically, if, say, an upward-facing arm of an explosion hits a bomb from the south and detonates it, then the newly detonated bomb should just completely skip the part of its procedure that generates its southward-extending arm of fire.

An example can be seen here. My bomb was the leftmost one, and it was hit by an explosion from the right. It generated an arm of fire to the right, passing over all of those other explosions.

http://i59.tinypic.com/351flmu.jpg

The problem isn't only aesthetic. It is also is a little confusing and prevents the tactic of blocking a stronger bomb's blast by placing a weaker bomb in its path.

Yeah, I got that. I will get on that right after I finish this post, thanks for feedback. Also, I see you have graphic issues, try setting the "Rendering" option to 320x224, it should take care of that.

plasm wrote:
Also, in the Score Mode, I got stuck on the fifth level, I think... I wasn't able to launch myself over the barrier using the seesaw because there was a Soft Block in my way, so I just bounced and wrapped around the stage.

The Score Mode areas are randomized from a pool of 56 levels, I will skim over them all to assure you can't get stuck.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#88  Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
When it's finished?
Also, Can you upload Red Bomberman and Blue Bomberman's Sprite Sheet?

Last edited by nadiya8040 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:25 am
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#89  Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
That would be pretty darn amazing! :D Currently the game displays all the players as 32x32 frames from chosen character sheet. It looks like this:
[image]
I will be adding the crouching pose later into the last column.
+ HUD icons are loaded from a separate graphic set, 3 16x16 icons (normal, eliminated and happy, latter currently unused but likely will be at a later date).
If there is an absolute need, I can expand the size of frames to 40x40 or so for chosen characters.

Awesome. :cool: 

The 32x32 size is perfect; my Golem Bomber fits exactly in the frame, vertically that is. Anything too much larger would just start to get ridiculous anyway.

I'll just put the HUD icons in one separate file. I'll send you a PM with links when they're all done. Already working on Magnet Bomber.

Out of curiousity, are the idle animations (lowest row) being used for something other than idling? Just asking since I didn't notice them in the game.

Jaklub wrote:
Also, I see you have graphic issues, try setting the "Rendering" option to 320x224, it should take care of that.

Ah yeah, the screen tearing. Yeah, switching the setting fixed it. Thanks.

Someone once put together a set of three small scripts that are called by one object on launch to correct that problem in Game Maker. It works in 8.0 (I used it in my Fiendish Bombers demo). Not sure what's different with 8.1. A quick search didn't turn up the exact version that I used, and I don't know if it's older or newer than the following version, but it's made by the same guy (Chevy Ray), I think, and it looks alright from a glance. Check it out if you're interested:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3142.msg86809#msg86809

(My only concern on the issue is whether there are extra things that need to be tweaked in the scripts for the newer versions of Game Maker; can't remember.)

Jaklub wrote:
The Score Mode areas are randomized from a pool of 56 levels

Oh, now that's cool.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#90  Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
AndyThePrince703 wrote:
When it's finished?
Also, Can you upload Red Bomberman and Blue Bomberman's Sprite Sheet?

ASAP

The palettes might get an update, so I won't post these for now

plasm wrote:
Awesome. :cool: 

The 32x32 size is perfect; my Golem Bomber fits exactly in the frame, vertically that is. Anything too much larger would just start to get ridiculous anyway.

I'll just put the HUD icons in one separate file. I'll send you a PM with links when they're all done. Already working on Magnet Bomber.

Out of curiousity, are the idle animations (lowest row) being used for something other than idling? Just asking since I didn't notice them in the game.

Amazing, definitely looking forward to the finished sprites. Idle animation is in 0.3.1 unused, but in 0.4.1 it is used for, well, idle. It will also likely be used for character selection at some point like in Saturn Bomberman, but that's uncertain.

plasm wrote:
Ah yeah, the screen tearing. Yeah, switching the setting fixed it. Thanks.

Someone once put together a set of three small scripts that are called by one object on launch to correct that problem in Game Maker. It works in 8.0 (I used it in my Fiendish Bombers demo). Not sure what's different with 8.1. A quick search didn't turn up the exact version that I used, and I don't know if it's older or newer than the following version, but it's made by the same guy (Chevy Ray), I think, and it looks alright from a glance. Check it out if you're interested:

http://forums.tigsource.com/in.....9#msg86809

(My only concern on the issue is whether there are extra things that need to be tweaked in the scripts for the newer versions of Game Maker; can't remember.)

Thanks. Actually though, a very similar solution is used in 0.3.1 and above already (that's what the Rendering option triggers).
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#91  Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, One more thing.

How Yellow Bomberman and Orange Bomberman look different.
Left side is on old version of this game
Right side is on new version of this game

Oh, By The Way, Can you upload Red Bomberman, Blue Bomberman and Gold Bomberman's Victory Animation Sprite Sheet?

Last edited by nadiya8040 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:54 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#92  Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
Amazing, definitely looking forward to the finished sprites. Idle animation is in 0.3.1 unused, but in 0.4.1 it is used for, well, idle. It will also likely be used for character selection at some point like in Saturn Bomberman, but that's uncertain.

Okay. I was just curious; since they were in the sheet, but didn't appear to be used for what I thought they were for, I wasn't sure if they were being used for something else. Though, I suppose that it wouldn't have made an impact on how I designed the characters' animations anyway.

Jaklub wrote:
Thanks. Actually though, a very similar solution is used in 0.3.1 and above already (that's what the Rendering option triggers).

Oh, okay. That explains why the option fixes the problem, lol.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#93  Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
AndyThePrince703 wrote:
Oh, One more thing.

How Yellow Bomberman and Orange Bomberman look different.
Left side is on old version of this game
Right side is on new version of this game

More vibrant colors to suit the game better

AndyThePrince703 wrote:
Oh, By The Way, Can you upload Red Bomberman, Blue Bomberman and Gold Bomberman's Victory Animation Sprite Sheet?

Not a good idea lol, they aren't good enough yet
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#94  Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 am  Reply with quote + 
I've played some more and noticed some more things. Here is a list of them:

* This is a glitch that happened. An AI opponent was mounted on a green Rooey, moving upwards, while inflicted with a Skull panel (thus blinking). This error popped up:

Code:
"ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object bomber_obj:

Error in code at line 208:
    draw_sprite_part ( rooey_sheet, 0, fx, fy, 40, 40, x + xx , y + yy );

at position 43: Unknown variable fx

It didn't kill the game, though. When I clicked "Ignore", everything went on normally.

* When AI opponents land on a warp and step into a space between a solid object and a warp pad, they stand there as if they're too afraid to just step back onto the warp pad. They turn a bit as if trying to take some action but ultimately stand still until they are killed, threatened by a bomb, or another space opens for them to move into. I should mention that I have the difficulty set to 3; haven't tried any other settings. The AI is generally great, though, by the way.

* In Score Mode, if the player steps onto the Exit while carrying a bomb with the Power Glove, he/she can continue to walk around unimpeded while the victory theme and score tally occur. If he/she throws the bomb, then Bomberman's victory animation will play. He should probably just throw the bomb automatically when he steps on the Exit (most games just have the bomb hover in the same place or completely disappear but that's a little goofy).

* In any stage that has a spotlight, screen tearing still occurs, even with the adjusted resolution option. Here's an example from Score Mode:

* Likewise, the Soft Blocks that have 2 HP in stages like Fragile Fortress also exhibit some screen tearing.

* Kicking one of the 2 HP Soft Blocks with a Yellow Rooey causes it to revert to a 1 HP state. Not sure if that's intentional.

* While in a revenge cart, it's possible to throw two bombs onto the field at once. The second bomb can be thrown shortly before the first one explodes.

Some general comments:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that you've used the long-neglected Non Set Tile. Such a simple but interesting gimmick that hasn't been used since, what, Bomberman '93?

The new items you've introduced are pretty interesting. Turning Fake Bomber and Hayate Bomber's special abilities into items? Wow, why hasn't that been done before? If they have, then I certainly wasn't made aware of it.

And the Cherry Bomb makes things a bit more difficult, in a good way. Kind of reminds me how, years ago, there was this online Bomberman game that had gas bombs or something of the sort, and the explosions would linger for a long time (there was a gas mask item that would render people completely invulnerable to them though, and the person who picked up the gas bomb item would immediately get a gas mask as well). The Cherry Bomb, however, is a minor enough adjustment that it changes up the game without unfairly tipping the scales. Nice.

I'm assuming that the Detonator was inspired by kamikaze mounts like Gamefry (turtle missile guy) from Super Bomberman 4? If so then having the player carried along for the ride is a totally great adjustment. It makes it a little more dangerous to use.

All in all, an impressive endeavor.

[Collapse Text]
Jei
Bomberman

Post#95  Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Big thanks for the post, I appreciate that!
plasm wrote:
* This is a glitch that happened. An AI opponent was mounted on a green Rooey, moving upwards, while inflicted with a Skull panel (thus blinking). This error popped up:

Code:
"ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object bomber_obj:

Error in code at line 208:
    draw_sprite_part ( rooey_sheet, 0, fx, fy, 40, 40, x + xx , y + yy );

at position 43: Unknown variable fx

It didn't kill the game, though. When I clicked "Ignore", everything went on normally.

This has been fixed.

plasm wrote:
* When AI opponents land on a warp and step into a space between a solid object and a warp pad, they stand there as if they're too afraid to just step back onto the warp pad. They turn a bit as if trying to take some action but ultimately stand still until they are killed, threatened by a bomb, or another space opens for them to move into. I should mention that I have the difficulty set to 3; haven't tried any other settings. The AI is generally great, though, by the way.

The AI is getting some improvements soon, thanks!

plasm wrote:
* In Score Mode, if the player steps onto the Exit while carrying a bomb with the Power Glove, he/she can continue to walk around unimpeded while the victory theme and score tally occur. If he/she throws the bomb, then Bomberman's victory animation will play. He should probably just throw the bomb automatically when he steps on the Exit (most games just have the bomb hover in the same place or completely disappear but that's a little goofy).

Will fix.

plasm wrote:
* In any stage that has a spotlight, screen tearing still occurs, even with the adjusted resolution option. Here's an example from Score Mode:

Yeah I'm looking into this one.

plasm wrote:
* Likewise, the Soft Blocks that have 2 HP in stages like Fragile Fortress also exhibit some screen tearing.

I've went over the instances of tearing messing with the surfaces (such as this or kicked soft blocks), these are fixed now.

plasm wrote:
* Kicking one of the 2 HP Soft Blocks with a Yellow Rooey causes it to revert to a 1 HP state. Not sure if that's intentional.

This was intentional, although 2-hp soft blocks don't have any kind of shatter animation in 0.3.1.

plasm wrote:
* While in a revenge cart, it's possible to throw two bombs onto the field at once. The second bomb can be thrown shortly before the first one explodes.

This was intentional, Super Bomberman 5 had it this way. However, revenge cart works more like in the recent games in the upcoming version and while still possible, it actually requires good timing and has it's limitations (you can combo only into the bomb with the furthest thrown range). The trick might or might not be completely gone in the next releases, I still have to see how this new solution works out.

plasm wrote:
The new items you've introduced are pretty interesting. Turning Fake Bomber and Hayate Bomber's special abilities into items? Wow, why hasn't that been done before? If they have, then I certainly wasn't made aware of it.

Bomb Change is actually coming from Bomberman Blast for Wii and I also don't think Hayate Bomber's ability was an item in any official game.

plasm wrote:
I'm assuming that the Detonator was inspired by kamikaze mounts like Gamefry (turtle missile guy) from Super Bomberman 4? If so then having the player carried along for the ride is a totally great adjustment. It makes it a little more dangerous to use.

It was mainly based on an idea of detonating other bombs set by other players as opposed to detonating your own bombs. "Riding" the bomb was put in there to make it more of a risky maneuver.

plasm wrote:
[Collapse Text]

That's a pretty decent score! Here's mine from a while back
[Collapse Text]
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#96  Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Just a strange idea here but... What about adding Robobomber into the giant stage without changing the block layout to Robobomber's stage's layout (which is made so that he won't step on any softblocks). Maybe even make it so that his giant stage version has a mounted laser turret under him that shoots every 3/4 a second every so often at softblocks and players under him with a 3 shot volley. The shot shouldn't stun players and would remove 2 powerups per hit.

I also feel as though the mounts need a little spicing up.My favourite mounts are the ones from advance mode (or whatever the most complex mode is called) in Party Bomberman or maybe just strap on the tweaks that Super Bomberman 5 gave to the Luis?

EDIT: Might be a good idea to replace Robobomber's balls with piston legs if you can do rotating sprites. What I mean by that is 2 sticks that slide in and out of each other when the leg stretches out.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#97  Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
Just a strange idea here but... What about adding Robobomber into the giant stage without changing the block layout to Robobomber's stage's layout (which is made so that he won't step on any softblocks). Maybe even make it so that his giant stage version has a mounted laser turret under him that shoots every 3/4 a second every so often at softblocks and players under him with a 3 shot volley. The shot shouldn't stun players and would remove 2 powerups per hit.

Actually
[Collapse Text]
I might add in the turret, currently the robot just moves faster to accommodate the larger stage (clones add a lot to the carnage too).

Someone64 wrote:
I also feel as though the mounts need a little spicing up.My favourite mounts are the ones from advance mode (or whatever the most complex mode is called) in Party Bomberman or maybe just strap on the tweaks that Super Bomberman 5 gave to the Luis?

I am considering adding the outfits to the Ruis like in Super Bomberman 5 but I have yet to see if my art ability gets the job done good enough. Apart from Ruis, might add another set of mounts, you'll see which

Someone64 wrote:
EDIT: Might be a good idea to replace Robobomber's balls with piston legs if you can do rotating sprites. What I mean by that is 2 sticks that slide in and out of each other when the leg stretches out.

I will definitely give this one a shot, thanks
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#98  Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, what I meant by tweaks was purely in the mechanics but now that I think about it all I can think of that's different is that the punching Lui can stun enemies without removing their powerups aside from just being able to punch bombs so nevermind I guess. I think there was a mount that worked exactly the same as power gloves (carry bombs) except that the mount ate the bomb that's right in front of it and you can continue to manipulate everything else as normal while holding the bomb in its belly before spitting it out. Can't remember if it was from Super Bomberman 5 or not. Probably from Party Edition too since that's what I've played recently.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#99  Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
Well, what I meant by tweaks was purely in the mechanics but now that I think about it all I can think of that's different is that the punching Lui can stun enemies without removing their powerups aside from just being able to punch bombs so nevermind I guess..

That is actually an entirely different Rooey. In Super Bomberman 5, the blue Rooey "kicks" bombs (Punch item) while the red Rooey can only stun adjacent players.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#100  Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:55 pm  Reply with quote + 

Wait a second, How did you change Red Bomber, Blue Bomber, Green Bomber, Pink Bomber, Orange Bomber and Purple Bomber's look?
When new version of this game is released? I wanna play the new version of this game.

Left is from version 0.3.1 of this game
Right is from newer version of this game
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 5 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3525s
Index - Back to Top