[Replies: 887]  [Views: 1006934]
Users browsing this topic: 4 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Jei
Bomberman

Post#61  Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I decided to record a video showing a new Battle Mode stage - Surprise Floor from Super Bomberman 4. You can also see some new items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abiKn9tjihs
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#62  Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Great video. I can't quite put my finger on it but something about the AIs seems... different when I watched that. Also, is it true that the ai handles some of the power ups by spamming then whenever they're usable? Not all of course. I'm talking about power ups like the punching glove. That's also quite a nice stage gimmick there. Are you planning to add the open stages that lack hardblocks like Lots'o power ups, open field, inferno, and softblocks only stages?

I haven't noticed until I watched that video but... something about the explosions doesn't feel right. They look too clean for me. More like laser beams and bubbles rather than explosions and smoke.

One more thing. 2 Suggestions (I guess that's 2 more things :P): can you add the following bomb power up from Super Bomberman 5 (it chases the first opponent is sees, meaning the opponent in the same column or row without any obstructions between them. it's slow enough to escape from without it blowing you up) and also an "ultra" setting for revenge bomber? Meaning instead of people's power ups getting scattered when you replace them from a bomb, you steal their whole power up set.

I'm quite excited for the next version and this is progressing very well.

EDIT: Where can I get the sprites for those bombercarts that you're using? The revenge bomber hover things I mean.
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#63  Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for replying.
Someone64 wrote:
Great video. I can't quite put my finger on it but something about the AIs seems... different when I watched that. Also, is it true that the ai handles some of the power ups by spamming then whenever they're usable? Not all of course. I'm talking about power ups like the punching glove.

Not quite, Punch and Kick are used when escaping from a bomb blast, Kick also used in offensive in it's own rights. Bots can't handle some of the powerups yet and I'll be working on that matter.
Someone64 wrote:
Are you planning to add the open stages that lack hardblocks like Lots'o power ups, open field, inferno, and softblocks only stages?

It's unlikely - the movement is heavily based on grid and it would need to get some massive tweaks to work right with open space. I am not saying it's completely out of question, but unlikely.
Someone64 wrote:
I haven't noticed until I watched that video but... something about the explosions doesn't feel right. They look too clean for me. More like laser beams and bubbles rather than explosions and smoke.

Explosions now have a shorter duration than in 0.3.1 and an additional graphical effect was added to the bomb. I guess it needs further tweaks.
Someone64 wrote:
One more thing. 2 Suggestions (I guess that's 2 more things :P): can you add the following bomb power up from Super Bomberman 5 (it chases the first opponent is sees, meaning the opponent in the same column or row without any obstructions between them.

Tracing Bomb hasn't been added yet, but I am eventually going to get that in, same for Rocket from Bomberman Blast.
Someone64 wrote:
and also an "ultra" setting for revenge bomber? Meaning instead of people's power ups getting scattered when you replace them from a bomb, you steal their whole power up set.

Great idea, definitely doing this
Someone64 wrote:
EDIT: Where can I get the sprites for those bombercarts that you're using? The revenge bomber hover things I mean.

plasm ripped them from Saturn Bomberman
http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=18539&view=single
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#64  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:44 am  Reply with quote + 
I was asking because I wanted to edit in tilt animations for the jets on the sides, but it seems they already have that. Are you going to add the jet tilting animations to the bombercarts?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#65  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
I was asking because I wanted to edit in tilt animations for the jets on the sides, but it seems they already have that. Are you going to add the jet tilting animations to the bombercarts?
Likely yes, because graphical polishing is one of the current goals. I would appreciate any help I can get, whether it is creation/polishing of characters/stages or other things.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#66  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
If your gonna change the explosion sound I HIGHLY reccomend the one from Super Bomberman 5. Sounds powerful and satisfying and not the slightest bit cheesy or annoying.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#67  Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't think I'll change the explosion sounds, but if so, probably back to Bomberman World ones, which were just tweaked Saturn Bomberman ones. We'll just have to see where the aesthetics of the game ultimately go.
B.H
Bomberbie

Post#68  Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
This looks amazing! I've played it a few times with my brother.
The AI is a bit strange though, on 1 they barely move, but on 2 they are experts.
I would definitely recommend the explosion sound from Super Bomberman 5. I agree that it is one of the most satisfying explosion sounds in the series.

I was also wondering if you could add the skull bombs/super bombs from Generations and Ultra? That would be awesome.

I'm glad you're showing recognition to past bomberman games, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a battle theme from Bomberman Online.

Keep up the amazing work!
Jei
Bomberman

Post#69  Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Rex The Kitsune wrote:
This looks amazing! I've played it a few times with my brother.
The AI is a bit strange though, on 1 they barely move, but on 2 they are experts.
I would definitely recommend the explosion sound from Super Bomberman 5. I agree that it is one of the most satisfying explosion sounds in the series.

I was also wondering if you could add the skull bombs/super bombs from Generations and Ultra? That would be awesome.

I'm glad you're showing recognition to past bomberman games, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a battle theme from Bomberman Online.

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks for feedback! AI will get further tweaks, Dangerous Bombs will make an appearance in next version (see the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abiKn9tjihs).
James McKigney
Bomberbie

Post#70  Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, Since this is my first post I may as well say what's on my mind so far:

The game is awesome and I feel like epic action is flowing out of the game but however I have some suggestions to make.

First there should be a Full Screen mode so that I can use my Widescreen monitor with the game.

Secondly, I think that programming the game with an Open Source mindset so that people can make Fanmade Content like new maps and map variants, skins for the maps and character skins so that they can make the game bigger and better.

Lastly could you use a method of having people add in new Game Styles like Super Bomberman 4, Saturn Bomberman And even the 3 battle game styles from Bomberman Party Edition.

I hope the critiques could help make the game bigger and better.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#71  Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for feedback! The game will feature a full-screen option. I will very likely consider releasing the source files after I am done with the game as well. And regarding the game styles, there will possibly be more game settings on the last page, I've yet to see.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#72  Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Can you add 3 more characters and update to 0.4.1?
I saw 3 new characters from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abiKn9tjihs
Anyways, I love Power Bomberman. :veryhappy: 

2~3 days ago, I uploaded 3 videos of your game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2IXSpY-8nY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphVx2jvA8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbU35jZP-P8
Jei
Bomberman

Post#73  Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the recordings, I appreciate that! Also, I know there will be at least one more playable character in the next version, IDK if my limited graphical skills will let me get out more
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#74  Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Jei
Bomberman

Post#75  Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the clips, they're appreciated. If you have problems with bad tile graphics display though, I recommend turning on 320x224 rendering in settings.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#76  Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:12 am  Reply with quote + 
When Next Update version is coming out?
I wanna play new version of this game.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#77  Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
AndyThePrince703 wrote:
When Next Update version is coming out?
I wanna play new version of this game.

Likely sometime in March, still got some things to do with it. I am also not sure if I'll manage to get the Normal mode sample in, but we'll see.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#78  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, I scored 14200 in score mode.

Here's my playlist of Power Bomberman Battles
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsNbCX1fhea4nrgfoGM_4jwhzki_aTtrK
NovaRemnant
Bomberbie

Post#79  Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:19 am  Reply with quote + 
First off, I want to say I registered here to say this is absolutely amazing. It's like a Streets of Rage Remake of Bomberman.

I know you're still early along, but do you have an idea for when/if you might implement netcode? I would love to play this with some of my friends. The only real avenue we have for playing together at the moment is Mega Bomberman, but it's hardly feature rich compared to this, and only supports a somewhat laggy four player game.

I'm going to keep a close eye on this, because it's ridiculously fun to play and has everything I loved from pretty much every Bomberman game. I'd love to see it develop into the best version of Bomberman, period.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#80  Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
NovaRemnant wrote:
First off, I want to say I registered here to say this is absolutely amazing. It's like a Streets of Rage Remake of Bomberman.

I know you're still early along, but do you have an idea for when/if you might implement netcode? I would love to play this with some of my friends. The only real avenue we have for playing together at the moment is Mega Bomberman, but it's hardly feature rich compared to this, and only supports a somewhat laggy four player game.

I'm going to keep a close eye on this, because it's ridiculously fun to play and has everything I loved from pretty much every Bomberman game. I'd love to see it develop into the best version of Bomberman, period.

Thanks for posting, I appreciate that. Netcode is not entirely out of the realm of possibility, but due to amount of content it might be a bit difficult to implement anything that is not based upon input lag. I hope to get some form of online play done at some point still.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1891s
Index - Back to Top