Users browsing this topic: 3 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Jei
Bomberman

Post#101  Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
Well, what I meant by tweaks was purely in the mechanics but now that I think about it all I can think of that's different is that the punching Lui can stun enemies without removing their powerups aside from just being able to punch bombs so nevermind I guess.

Yeah, aside from the red one which could only stun players, the Ruis are mechanically similar to ones in Super Bomberman 5.

Someone64 wrote:
I think there was a mount that worked exactly the same as power gloves (carry bombs) except that the mount ate the bomb that's right in front of it and you can continue to manipulate everything else as normal while holding the bomb in its belly before spitting it out. Can't remember if it was from Super Bomberman 5 or not. Probably from Party Edition too since that's what I've played recently.

It was one of the Advanced steeds in Party Edition I am pretty sure.

@AndyThePrince703 Probably in May
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#102  Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Indeed it was. I've got the manual right here. None of the powers of the "partners" in the Advanced Level of Bomberman Party Edition have ever appeared in another Bomberman game, as far as I'm aware.

Bomberman Party Edition Manual (U.S.) wrote:
Pytera - This Partner can eat a bomb (except Super Bombs) in front of it. Pressing the Square Button again will make him spit the bomb out (as if it had been thrown with a Power Glove).
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#103  Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
A few suggestions regarding kicking mechanics and aesthetics. A good way to make bomb stopping look less abrupt is not to snap it onto the tile if it's already gone past the center of it. This would make it so that you would have to press bomb stop BEFORE it arrives at the next tile (unless it isn't past the center) and it would prevent the bomb from looking like it teleported backwards. I'm not sure how much this impacts the gameplay. This also might prevent you from stopping a kicked bomb before it reaches the tile right next to its original position when you kicked it. Another thing is making normal black bombs roll. I played Bombzone Refueled lately it bomb kick really looked quite nice because of it. It also doesn't reset the bomb's rotation when the bomb is stopped by something so you would have bombs in awkward positions but it seems to add a little more variety. I think in Bombzone you would also lay the bomb in mostly upright but slightly off positions which you could do in Power Bomberman by taking a random frame from the roll animation and using it as the appearance of an unkicked feshly layed bomb.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#104  Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Adding video, expected May release. Shout-out to Plasma Captain for new awesome character sprites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIK7kY9Eh0

Quote:
A few suggestions regarding kicking mechanics and aesthetics. A good way to make bomb stopping look less abrupt is not to snap it onto the tile if it's already gone past the center of it. This would make it so that you would have to press bomb stop BEFORE it arrives at the next tile (unless it isn't past the center) and it would prevent the bomb from looking like it teleported backwards. I'm not sure how much this impacts the gameplay. This also might prevent you from stopping a kicked bomb before it reaches the tile right next to its original position when you kicked it. Another thing is making normal black bombs roll. I played Bombzone Refueled lately it bomb kick really looked quite nice because of it. It also doesn't reset the bomb's rotation when the bomb is stopped by something so you would have bombs in awkward positions but it seems to add a little more variety. I think in Bombzone you would also lay the bomb in mostly upright but slightly off positions which you could do in Power Bomberman by taking a random frame from the roll animation and using it as the appearance of an unkicked feshly layed bomb.

The kicked bomb speed was restored to 0.2.1 version and bomb-stopping already worked that way, the snapping is less painful with the higher speed too (although pending one more tweak). Bombs leave a gentle "shadow" when they are kicked, sending bombs to your opponents feels much better now. Thanks for the suggestion, still.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#105  Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
I didn't quite word what I said right. What I meant is remove the snapping completely and let the bomb continue rolling until it reaches center of the tile so it doesn't look like it's snapping in the first place.

Another thing. I was reading the Super Bomberman games' strategy guides and found something interesting. You know how the bombs have pulsing animations? Apparently that's visual indication of the bomb's fuse. Bombs always explode at the last frame of the fourth expanding pulse. Maybe you could make it like that in Power Bomberman too?

Regarding the video. I really like Robobomber's look and animations. The only problem with it is that the head isn't in the center of its legs (a little too high). One of the things about Robobomber's gigantic head is that whoever was more or less anywhere in between the 4 legs couldn't see bloody anything which I found to be quite funny but his head positioning and maybe size removes a bit from that. Also, suggestion for Robobomber's behavior: Can you make it so that Robobomer has a chance to take 3 steps instead of 2 and make him stomp his top left and bottom right, then top right and bottom left alternatively a few times before moving? In Party Edition this made it so that people could get out from under his legs (but get stomped and lose powerups and get stunned) and it also allowed people to kick bombs under his feet with a very high chance that the bomb would get stomped (and thus, detonate).

I'm really, REALLY excited for the new version. Keep up the good work. :D

EDIT: Sorry, I meant 2 steps instead of 1.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#106  Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
Another thing. I was reading the Super Bomberman games' strategy guides and found something interesting. You know how the bombs have pulsing animations? Apparently that's visual indication of the bomb's fuse. Bombs always explode at the last frame of the fourth expanding pulse. Maybe you could make it like that in Power Bomberman too?

This isn't quite true; it's different in each game. For example, in Super Bomberman 4, it's two pumps (pg. 6). In Super Bomberman 3, it's 3 pumps (pg. 6). The length of the fuse really depends on the game.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#107  Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:00 am  Reply with quote + 
When you release 0.4.1 version, I will record more gameplay of your game.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#108  Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posts, appreciate that

Someone64 wrote:
I didn't quite word what I said right. What I meant is remove the snapping completely and let the bomb continue rolling until it reaches center of the tile so it doesn't look like it's snapping in the first place.

Alright got that now, will implement

Someone64 wrote:

This one has been added for a while now. If you pay attention to the bombs in the latest videos, you'll see their fuse lasts just a tad longer and they pulse exactly 3 times before exploding.

Someone64 wrote:
Regarding the video. I really like Robobomber's look and animations. The only problem with it is that the head isn't in the center of its legs (a little too high). One of the things about Robobomber's gigantic head is that whoever was more or less anywhere in between the 4 legs couldn't see bloody anything which I found to be quite funny but his head positioning and maybe size removes a bit from that. Also, suggestion for Robobomber's behavior: Can you make it so that Robobomer has a chance to take 3 steps instead of 2 and make him stomp his top left and bottom right, then top right and bottom left alternatively a few times before moving? In Party Edition this made it so that people could get out from under his legs (but get stomped and lose powerups and get stunned) and it also allowed people to kick bombs under his feet with a very high chance that the bomb would get stomped (and thus, detonate).

I'll definitely take these tweaks into consideration, thanks for the suggestion.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#109  Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
What's that cool drill powerup and what does it do?

Also, it seems that the AI in the video still doesn't lay bombs except when somebody is beside it. I quite liked the AI of SB5 because it would lay bombs even when somebody was far away because it knew how far its bombs could blow. Maybe make it that way for Power Bomberman based on blast radius too? Actually... now that I think about it, the most fun to play with Bomberman AI so far is SB5's super AI. The one you have to unlock with a password. It's behavior is as interesting as that of a human player and it's quite unpredictable and utilizes items extremely well... Yet it somehow has very human imperfections that don't involve a lack of reflexes.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#110  Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
What's that cool drill powerup and what does it do?

Drill allows you to destroy softblocks and "punch" bombs for a smaller distance than Punch

Someone64 wrote:
Also, it seems that the AI in the video still doesn't lay bombs except when somebody is beside it. I quite liked the AI of SB5 because it would lay bombs even when somebody was far away because it knew how far its bombs could blow. Maybe make it that way for Power Bomberman based on blast radius too? Actually... now that I think about it, the most fun to play with Bomberman AI so far is SB5's super AI. The one you have to unlock with a password. It's behavior is as interesting as that of a human player and it's quite unpredictable and utilizes items extremely well... Yet it somehow has very human imperfections that don't involve a lack of reflexes.

SB5 did have some decent AI, I'll toy around with weights to see if I can get some similar effect
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#111  Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Can you release next version before May 7?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#112  Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:07 am  Reply with quote + 
AndyThePrince703 wrote:
Can you release next version before May 7?

Personally I would prefer it gets released when it's ready to be released, not when it's rushed to meet someone's demands.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#113  Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am not yet able to tell you the precise date. Thank you for your patience.
francois123
Bomberbie

Post#114  Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Hello Jaklub,
in the next release, do we still need use xpadder or something like that to play with severals gamepad?

nb: your powerbomberman is very funny !
Jei
Bomberman

Post#115  Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Thank you. More than 2 controllers are actually supported in next version.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#116  Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Is next version of power bomberman released? Please!!! Also, It's been 1 year since releasing version 0.3.1 :sad: 
Also, nadiya2000 sent a message for you:
Spoiler:
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#117  Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Could you please stop being so impatient? If you've waited this long already, another month will hardly make a difference, should it come down to that. Remember, you're not the one doing the actual work.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#118  Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I appreciate that you care, but please be patient, the game is not yet ready for the release. Have a screenshot though
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#119  Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bagura? Is that you? *_*

Also that stage looks interesting, multiple floors? Has that ever been done before in a 2D Bomberman game?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#120  Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Also that stage looks interesting, multiple floors? Has that ever been done before in a 2D Bomberman game?

Bomberman World for PS1 was served as an inspiration here.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 6 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1439s
Index - Back to Top