[Replies: 29]  [Views: 11140]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Lol :happy: 

Did you notice the serial number and date?

Also:

Quote:
ステージ2
リック
特殊能カ
ダッシュ: 高速移動できる障害物
に当たるまで止まれない。
溜めダッシュ: ダッシュより高速に
移動し、ソフトブロックを破壊する
ことができる。

Quote:
Stage 2
Rick
Special Ability
Dash: Moves at high speeds and cannot stop until it hits an obstacle.
Accumulated Dash: Moves at a high speed dash, it is able to destroy Soft Blocks.

So sure enough, just like in Bomberman World, Virtual Bomberman's armors had the "stored/accumulated" special abilities, presumably when you held down the "special" button.

There were a couple of characters in your transcription that were incorrect, but they were easily corrected (and one was just a very blurred kanji). Thanks for the text again! :peace: 
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Lol :happy: 

Did you notice the serial number and date?

Yes, I was trying to remember if he was an admin in 2k4... had I remembered and he hadn't I would've thrown out an objection.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've gotten a huge majority of the flyer's text now, so aside from a few letters I couldn't identify, I believe all that's left is the first page (with the profile shot of God Bomber), the header to the splash image of God and the creatures, and the captions to the story images on the last page.
By the way, Zaphe, what resource do you use for finding kanji? I'm just nosey, as I know a couple of sites for finding it but they're both kinda cumbersome and take a long time to wade through.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
ステージ1

ディーボ

特殊能カ

ジャンプ: ブロックをジャン
プして飛び越える。

溜めジャンプ: 真上にジャンプし、
着地したときの振動で、画面上の爆
弾を爆破したり,敵
の動きを止めた
りできる。

Quote:
Stage 1
Diibo
Special Ability
Jump: Jumps over blocks.
Charged Jump: Jumps straight up, landing with a vibration, detonates on-screen bombs, and can stop enemy movement.

There was one kanji that needed to be fixed.

Quote:
ステージ3

ロックオンアーマー

特殊能カ
ロックオンボム: カーソルで敵をロッ
クオンし、爆弾を命中、爆破させる。

ロックオンフルボム:発射された
爆弾の炎が,MAX状態で爆発する。

Quote:
Stage 3
Lock-On Armor
Special Ability
Lock-On Bomb: Lock onto the enemy with the cursor, when the bomb hits, it explodes.
Lock-On Full Bomb: Fires a bomb, it explodes with a MAX flame stat.

Nothing really to note here, but I need some text to separate this entry from the next one.

Quote:
ステージ4

にんじろう

特殊能カ

ボム吐き出し:現在所持している
爆弾を、一気に扇状に発射する。

ボム上空吐き出し:現在所
持している爆弾を、一気に
上空に発射する。発射され
た爆弾は、吐き出した場所
を中心に円形に着地し、爆
発する。

Quote:
Stage 4
Ninjirou
Special Ability
Bomb Spit: Bombs that are owned are fired in a fan shape.
High Bomb Spit: Bombs that are owned are fired into the sky. Bombs that are fired land in a circle around your central location, then explode.

There were two kanji that were messed up towards the end (I'm only telling you this stuff so you can correct it on the website).

Quote:
ステージ5

ランチャアーマー

特殊能カ

2遍ボム発射:前方に爆弾を2つ同時に発射
し、着弾と同時に爆発する。

溜め2遍ボム発射:前方に爆弾を4つ
同時に発射し、着弾と同時に爆発する。

Quote:
Stage 5
Launcher Armor
Special Ability
2 Bomb Fire: Fires 2 bombs forward simultaneously, they explode on impact simultaneously.
Charged 2 Bomb Fire: Fires 4 bombs forward simulaneously, they explode on impact simultaneously.

Most of the missing kanji could be found in other parts of the translated text.

Also, side note - did you guys notice that, in Bomberman World, the armors for worlds 2 and 5 are opposite of what they would have been in Virtual Bomberman? Weird, eh?

Quote:
ボンバーマン

明るく元気いっぱいて、正義感のかた
まりだが、負けず嫌いで無鉄砲なのが
タマに傷。前作では「プロフェッサー
バグラー」の魔の手からボンバー星雲を救
う大活躍を見せる。その休息を取ろうとし
ていたのも束の間、俄に出現した「ゴ
ッドボンバー」。幾つかの
謎を残しながらも
今、新たな戦
いの火蓋は切っ
ておとされたの
だった。

Quote:
Bomberman

Full of cheerful spirit, and with a sense of justice, but his weak point is that he is competitive and reckless. In the previous production it was shown that he played a large part in saving Bomber Nebula from the demonic hand of "Professor Bagura". He took a brief rest when suddenly "God Bomber" appeared. Although several mysteries remain, now... [uncertain text]

The part after the comma on the last sentence isn't translated because I couldn't figure it out right now. There were a few corrections to the text.

For anyone wondering, Bagura is not supposed to be a demon; I've seen "the demonic hand of [villain]" used in other works before.

Also, I'm assuming that it states that Bomberman "played a large part" instead of saying outright that he saved Bomber Nebula because Kuro was there too. The "previous production" that they're referring to is Super Bomberman 3; although Super Bomberman 4 was released in 1996 (same year that this flyer is from) it was released two months after the date on this flyer.

I'll come back to the rest later in the week. Thanks for getting this text, again! :peace:  Makes things run a lot faster.

I'm using Denshi Jisho for finding kanji. You were actually the one who found it first, then you posted it in another topic shortly after you joined the forum. Mostly I use the Kanji by Radicals page, after enough of it you kind of get used to the different radicals and how many strokes they have, so it's not so bad piecing together kanji with that. If that doesn't work, and the kanji is part of a larger word, I occasionally do a search with the first part of the word that I already have transcribed, and from there I can find the missing kanji.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#25  Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:

ha ha ha, I think I'm gonna have to go with....

-CONTROL THE FREAKING UNIVERSE
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah, it's nice to finally have answers about this. Now not only we know we aren't missing a potentially awesome Bomberman game (since it got turned into World) but we also know who this flying dude was. These thngs were obsessing me ^^
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#27  Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey, so we know that the armors from this game went on to be in Bomberman World. But something else I just noticed is that God Bomber himself survived the cancellation, albeit via a strange reincarnation.

The final boss of Bomberman World is God Header, a giant quadripedal robot with the head of a Bomberman. However, if you look at its head closely enough...

...you'll see that it has God Bomber's three-pronged head adornment!

The similarities don't stop there, either. According to the Japanese Wikipedia article for Bomberman World, the name of God Header's second form - the humanoid one - is actually God Bomber.

So yeah. The weirdness continues. I guess whoever came up with these characters was really pissed that the game got cancelled, and wanted them to be used somehow anyway. Maybe it was like this unused/used tile business in a couple of Zelda titles. :P
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#28  Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Of course he lives on. He's a freaking God. You can't kill him, no matter how hard you try.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
I guess whoever came up with these characters was really pissed that the game got cancelled, and wanted them to be used somehow anyway. Maybe it was like this unused/used tile business in a couple of Zelda titles. :P

That is always a good thing in my book.

But hey, the ALttP skull eventually made its appearence in the GBA re-release, within the Palace of the Four Sword.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Woah! I did not know that! That's pretty cool. :happy: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1753s
Index - Back to Top