Bomberman 64 glitchy screenshots
[Replies: 38]  [Views: 17411]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Emperor Sirius
Bombertrainee

Post#1  Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was goofing around with my BM64 rom and I wanted to show a few graphical glitches that appeared.

Black Bomber in the corner

Bomberman spewing hearts.

A glitchy victory screen
(Theres actually a funny story behind this. I was playing multiplayer online with Altair and he kept winning on the games where the screen was entirely black)

Sirius's skin design replacing the normal stage textures

A different glitch. Sea of fire :hilarious: 
View user profile Send Private Message
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Download a new video plugin! :oops: 
This happens to me every time when I play Mario Kart, most of the times the floor is replaced by Toad's head :stun: 
Emperor Sirius
Bombertrainee

Post#3  Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Only the last 3 were my video plugin (and I did those on purpose anyway)

The first one was part of the Play as Boss code

and The second was using the boss attack code to give Sirius Orion's move
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
You and those skins! :hilarious: 

If I could figure out the digits for Altair's, I'd probably do the same thing with him. o_O;
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't suppose you managed to find something related to the mysterious portal in the first level of Orion's fire based section, have you Sirius?

I really wish we could know what that was about.
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
A mysterious portal? o____o;;;

That sounds like something worth investigating..
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Never saw it yourself? I've gone to have a look once. Quite baffling (and intimidating too).
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Where is it located? O.o;;

Maybe I could hack into it. :hilarious: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, it's been a long time, but let's see if you can figure out from what I remember.
Before you fight Orion you should find yourself in a lava stage.
Aftermoving from the first platform to the second via bridge, I believe you are to take a turn left to another bridge, right? Well don't. In the top right corner of the second platform should be some rock formations you can blow up.
Do so, and try kicking bombs off the edge to the north. If I did not give you wrong directions, the bomb should slide on thin air rather than fall into lava.
Use the button to stop bombs and follow the path they move on (yes, I'm telling you to walk over lava Indiana Jones style). Beware that eventually there should be at least one turn over the invisible walkway, so keep kicking bombs, for great justice.
Eventually you should reach a rock platform onto which the portal is found.

If you are unable to follow these instructions, odd are they are wrong. If so, let me know, and I'll find the damn thing again so I can give you fresh info.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay, sorry to double post but I have to put this here now before I waste anybody's time. I just remembered something that makes me realize the instructions I gave in the above post are bollocks.

There's more required for this than bomb kicking (also some bomb jumping) and the directions I gave to find the platform are most likely wrong.
I don't have the time now, but I swear tomorrow I'll go find where exactly the platform was (and how to get onto it) so i can post working directions.

If no one else posts in this thread by then, I will edit this post to include them.

Edit

Okay, here we go. First off, I told you to check the wrong stage: you should go to the one AFTER the fight with Orion. Once you are there, head off to Bomberman's right, on the railtrack, you should find two diggers. Next to the second on is a soft block containing the remote control. Get it (if you see any bomb ups get those too, but I suggest you avoid Fire Ups). Now head back to the start. Looking around you should find a wooden platform with a traffic light on it. Blow it up and continue down that path. You'll find yourself in a different area. Almost immediately you will find a "crate", blow it up and you will be able to notice a railtrack that runs below the platform you are on. Drop onto it and move along staying in this area (i.e. do not take the "door"). You will find another crate, blow it up and keep going.
Eventually you will be above an island with many conic formations (there's also a round cilinder closed on top by a metal grate, with Sirius chilling under it, just so you know it's the right place). Drop to that island. Now, there's a wall closing half of the island, at the point where it ends (opposite to the direction Sirius is facing) you need to place a pumped up bomb, just on the edge. Leave it there and head to the way Sirius is looking, you'll find a ramp. Go up and stun the enemy you find there, then pick him and the bomb you used for stunning and throw both in the lava to get them out of your way. You are now at the same place where you previously jumped down to the railway. Do so again and return to above the island where you set the pumped bomb. Be careful that one of the cones may shoot fire and make your pumped bomb explode if you approach too quickly. Now you need to drop from the wooden platform and bounce off the pumped bomb. If you foolowed my instructions with utmost precision, you'll bounce onto an invisible platform. Kick your bombs to determine where it is safe to walk, and get behind the wall on the outer edge of the island. This can be very, very difficult and take many attempts. Eventually you should find the gateway.

Oh and another thing I misremembered... the doorway isn't imposing at all. I blew it out of proportions in my memory, probably because I thought it was so cool to see something hidden like this for no purpose. It's just a small stone archway like the ones used to go from different areas of the level, except this one is walled up and impassable.
I suppose at one point you were intened to go inside the island (maybe you could blow a hole into the conic structure with a grate on top, the one Sirius stands next to, and this was supposed to be an exit).
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:41 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't know if I have the patience for that, but certainly I'll try sometime....

Probably just something they decided not to use and didn't bother to remove, like you said. But still interesting. Reminds me of how you can use a GameShark in Goldeneye to get to an island in the first level, which just had an empty building on it. That always made me wonder.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Woah! I found it! That is frickin awesome! It took me several tries to make it (the first time I got on the invisible path I fell off XD), but I found it.... and it seems different than the other entrances in the world, it looks taller and thinner, or perhaps that's just because it's sticking out of the side of a leaning wall.... Anyway, it certainly is curious. Now every time I play this game this secret leftover will haunt me. >_<

I wonder if it would have been one of those small secret rooms where you get a Custom Part or a Gold Card.... or maybe it would have been a couple of rooms stacked on top of each other? Maybe that box with the grating on top would have involved like Serkol said.... it could have gone into the mountain and been some sort of machine you'd have to destroy.... arrgh, the curiousity is killing me! And no matter how hard I run into the wall (or rather, the small invisible block in front of the entrance) I CAN'T GET IN! :hilarious: 

By the way, this is also possible if you use Full Power mode, if you've unlocked that. After the first time of dieing, I didn't want to go back to the remote again, so I decided to turn on Full Power and just be extra careful. :hilarious: 

EDIT: I took some screenshots, since I was still there.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3998/bman64otrtdoorax4.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7164/bman64otrtdoorominousfp9.jpg

At first I thought Serkol meant it was on a seperate island, with a big platform there and cones and stuff, but it's not, it's just jutting out into the open. By the way, if you notice how far I am from the door, that is as far as you can go. Right in front of Bomberman is an invisible block there.

It seems a lot taller than the other doors, but maybe it wouldn't have been if they'd left/put in real floor skins on the pathway you're on. Who knows. The last picture shows you how big it is, from a distance.

Oh, and ignore all the curvy lines, that's just how it showed up when I took the pictures.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Looks like the mystery of the unused doorway got yet another player hooked up. Glad I could bring it up to haunt your sleepless nights :wink: 

...and nice screenies :happy: 
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Maybe it's just a lump in the pillar..? :surprise: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Whaaaaaat? What are you talking about? It's most certainly a door. And there's the invisible path too. If my screenshots aren't proof enough, go find it yourself.
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
You never know. It could just be a door-shaped lump. o_O

Invisible path? Oh yeah, Bomberman IS floating. o.o;; These people screwed up hm? :laugh: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay, now you're just trying to screw with me. :mad: 

But seriously, I can maybe understand why they left the door, but why the pathway? Maybe so we could find this and wonder about it? Just seems unnecessary, but oh well. I guess they were just lazy at this point.
Emperor Sirius
Bombertrainee

Post#18  Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
With a speed cheat, you can go backwards through the aligator mouth waterfall door into that temple place on stage 1 of Green Garden, but it freezes sometimes.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sounds neat Sirius. Is there any leftover stuff to see in that place?
Emperor Sirius
Bombertrainee

Post#20  Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Just a stream around a platform. Thats all you can see
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1989s
Index - Back to Top