Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Power Bomberman 0.7.7c
Jei
Bomberman

Post#95  Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Big thanks for the post, I appreciate that!
plasm wrote:
* This is a glitch that happened. An AI opponent was mounted on a green Rooey, moving upwards, while inflicted with a Skull panel (thus blinking). This error popped up:

Code:
"ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object bomber_obj:

Error in code at line 208:
    draw_sprite_part ( rooey_sheet, 0, fx, fy, 40, 40, x + xx , y + yy );

at position 43: Unknown variable fx

It didn't kill the game, though. When I clicked "Ignore", everything went on normally.

This has been fixed.

plasm wrote:
* When AI opponents land on a warp and step into a space between a solid object and a warp pad, they stand there as if they're too afraid to just step back onto the warp pad. They turn a bit as if trying to take some action but ultimately stand still until they are killed, threatened by a bomb, or another space opens for them to move into. I should mention that I have the difficulty set to 3; haven't tried any other settings. The AI is generally great, though, by the way.

The AI is getting some improvements soon, thanks!

plasm wrote:
* In Score Mode, if the player steps onto the Exit while carrying a bomb with the Power Glove, he/she can continue to walk around unimpeded while the victory theme and score tally occur. If he/she throws the bomb, then Bomberman's victory animation will play. He should probably just throw the bomb automatically when he steps on the Exit (most games just have the bomb hover in the same place or completely disappear but that's a little goofy).

Will fix.

plasm wrote:
* In any stage that has a spotlight, screen tearing still occurs, even with the adjusted resolution option. Here's an example from Score Mode:

Yeah I'm looking into this one.

plasm wrote:
* Likewise, the Soft Blocks that have 2 HP in stages like Fragile Fortress also exhibit some screen tearing.

I've went over the instances of tearing messing with the surfaces (such as this or kicked soft blocks), these are fixed now.

plasm wrote:
* Kicking one of the 2 HP Soft Blocks with a Yellow Rooey causes it to revert to a 1 HP state. Not sure if that's intentional.

This was intentional, although 2-hp soft blocks don't have any kind of shatter animation in 0.3.1.

plasm wrote:
* While in a revenge cart, it's possible to throw two bombs onto the field at once. The second bomb can be thrown shortly before the first one explodes.

This was intentional, Super Bomberman 5 had it this way. However, revenge cart works more like in the recent games in the upcoming version and while still possible, it actually requires good timing and has it's limitations (you can combo only into the bomb with the furthest thrown range). The trick might or might not be completely gone in the next releases, I still have to see how this new solution works out.

plasm wrote:
The new items you've introduced are pretty interesting. Turning Fake Bomber and Hayate Bomber's special abilities into items? Wow, why hasn't that been done before? If they have, then I certainly wasn't made aware of it.

Bomb Change is actually coming from Bomberman Blast for Wii and I also don't think Hayate Bomber's ability was an item in any official game.

plasm wrote:
I'm assuming that the Detonator was inspired by kamikaze mounts like Gamefry (turtle missile guy) from Super Bomberman 4? If so then having the player carried along for the ride is a totally great adjustment. It makes it a little more dangerous to use.

It was mainly based on an idea of detonating other bombs set by other players as opposed to detonating your own bombs. "Riding" the bomb was put in there to make it more of a risky maneuver.

plasm wrote:
[Collapse Text]

That's a pretty decent score! Here's mine from a while back
[Collapse Text]
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0968s
Index - Back to Top