[Replies: 21]  [Views: 6017]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey everyone! Look what I'm waiting for! :)

Ordered on eBay. Hope it was a legitimate buy. Original box, manual, and everything. :)

While I wait, how would I be able to play it on my N64? I hear Gameshark can launch it. Seeing as how I believe N64s are region locked. Any tips?

Nonetheless, even if I can't play, I got it as a good collectible. :)

What do you think?
bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#2  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
Hey everyone! Look what I'm waiting for! :)

Ordered on eBay. Hope it was a legitimate buy. Original box, manual, and everything. :)

While I wait, how would I be able to play it on my N64? I hear Gameshark can launch it. Seeing as how I believe N64s are region locked. Any tips?

Nonetheless, even if I can't play, I got it as a good collectible. :)

What do you think?

COOL!...
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's pretty sweet.

I just did a quick check and it seems that, just like how the SNES/SFC handled region locking, the N64 just has little plastic tabs in its loading area that are positioned so that only U.S. cartridges will slide in over them. So if you cut out those plastic tabs, then you could load any N64 cartridge in and play it.

Or you could just use a Gameshark. Which is probably a lot easier.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 am  Reply with quote + 
[Collapse Text]
plasm wrote:
That's pretty sweet.

I just did a quick check and it seems that, just like how the SNES/SFC handled region locking, the N64 just has little plastic tabs in its loading area that are positioned so that only U.S. cartridges will slide in over them. So if you cut out those plastic tabs, then you could load any N64 cartridge in and play it.

Or you could just use a Gameshark. Which is probably a lot easier.

Just as I figured after I did some research. :) I just hope the gameshark will work just fine. I wonder though, is the loading dock on the N64 made just the same as the Pikachu Edition? D: Cuz that's what I have. I would figure everything internally is made the same. So I wouldn't mind doing a little filing on the inside if the Gameshark doesn't do well. But we'll see.

IN OTHER NEWS
I plan to do a full playthrough of the game with commentary and transcriptions, and will do anything I can to make the playthrough more interesting. Maybe have some random Bomberman trivia pop-up in captions :P Any ideas what I can do?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 am  Reply with quote + 
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
I plan to do a full playthrough of the game with commentary and transcriptions, and will do anything I can to make the playthrough more interesting. Maybe have some random Bomberman trivia pop-up in captions :P Any ideas what I can do?

Well I do know of a number of differences between the US version and J version in terms of bosses. I think boss AI is also altered for some of them as well. Baelfael's alterations are much more obvious, while Regulus' seem more subtle. From what I remember, anyways.

I also know why the bosses in general perform certain actions, which make less sense in the US version than they do in the J version due to these alterations. Behemos, for example, attacks much more aggressively when he's on lower Health. This, I believe, is actually meant to keep him within the center of the room when he decides to move there as he'll then use his Instant KO more frequently, something he won't do when around the edges of the room as it becomes less possible/reasonable to dodge it. Without his Instant KO attack, the more aggressive attacking with less movement just looks like a normal increase in aggression.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 am  Reply with quote + 
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
I wonder though, is the loading dock on the N64 made just the same as the Pikachu Edition?

If it's a U.S. model, then yes. That is how they enforced region locking at the time, so all official N64 models would have the same internal design.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:16 am  Reply with quote + 
[Collapse Text]
plasm wrote:
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
I wonder though, is the loading dock on the N64 made just the same as the Pikachu Edition?

If it's a U.S. model, then yes. That is how they enforced region locking at the time, so all official N64 models would have the same internal design.

Great! Can't wait to play. I tried the beginning via emulator sometime earlier to get a feel, and the difficulty must definitely be tuned up a notch in the Japanese version. I died to see Baelfael's instant KO move, and when the Game Over screen came about, I continued, but I had continued with NO power ups. I don't remember, but can you select whether or not to continue with power ups? I'm not sure if you could in the US version or not. If so, then I definitely failed to select my desired option due to my inability to read Japanese. :P
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 am  Reply with quote + 
Difficulty is definitely tuned up in the Japanese Version. It essentially is hard mode. It has no lives, as that's something that was added in the US version. Also, there are no check points. And notice how Shiro is much slower. Have fun dodging the boss' attacks.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:16 am  Reply with quote + 
[Collapse Text]
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Difficulty is definitely tuned up in the Japanese Version. It essentially is hard mode. It has no lives, as that's something that was added in the US version. Also, there are no check points. And notice how Shiro is much slower. Have fun dodging the boss' attacks.

Dang. Then this should be an awesome experience. I'll definitely keep you guys.posted on this :)
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:51 pm  Reply with quote + 

Check it out. :) It finally came in. I'm stoked. Came in this cool packaging haha.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 am  Reply with quote + 
More than a cool package, it came in a disk! Now that's awesome.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:05 am  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
More than a cool package, it came in a disk! Now that's awesome.

All of my lulz. DarkFire pls
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey everyone! Look!

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Congrats! You enjoy it? Were you able to get both endings?
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Haven't started playing yet actually. Just showing that it works :) But I will be doing a full playthrough with commentary and will be uploading it and will show everyone here :)
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:57 am  Reply with quote + 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zURdFyzX0pU

Here's Part 1 of my Baku Bomberman 2 playthrough! Please excuse my derogatory sense of humor and my fake-ghetto tone at times. But I love the game.

NOTE:
There are captions on, however, they are a little screwed up at the moment. Fixing the problem soon.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hahahahah, I just watched this. Dude, you're awesome. I'm totally going to be following this.

Also, Baelfael does look a lot harder with Bomberman's reduced speed.
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Part 2 guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAfrLKEpr5A

This was recorded when I thought I was gonna upload each part by chapter, but decided against it later which is why at the end I'm like "stay tuned for Part 2" :P
bomberman1234
Bombertrainee

Post#19  Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
Part 2 guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAfrLKEpr5A

This was recorded when I thought I was gonna upload each part by chapter, but decided against it later which is why at the end I'm like "stay tuned for Part 2" :P

COoL Uploads!!

:cool: 
BBZ
Bombertrainee

Post#20  Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
This game looks fun, I have played it but the emulator controls suddenly changed without me allow it, Didn't beat the first game, but I did beat Bomberman hero with Latviate code hehe.

It's a fine package it came with. good luck with this, I have to continue my bomberman tournament lets play.

Eh I had a really good come-back at first but then I forgot about it when I was writing in this Signature box of mine and this is how you waste someones time, By making them read your Signature.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1965s
Index - Back to Top