[Replies: 49]  [Views: 24347]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am  Reply with quote + 
I found a site where some guy has started a project on said thing.

https://github.com/Normmatt/Bomberman-Jetters-GBA-Translation

It's all beyond me but I figured since there are a lot of you guys here who translate manuals and such, you may want to help out.

Also, I can't tell how far along this project is. If anybody knows where I could download a translated rom, please let me know.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sweet!
It is pretty clear what's going on, especially if you watched the anime, but I always wanted a translation of that one.

Still, that is a rather puzzling page... where do I check for updates?
legato
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not really sure. I messaged the guy in charge of the project so hopefully he'll give me some insight into how things are going.

On a side note, I've been looking for a textless intro for Bomberman Jetters that's a good quality. Know a place where I can find it?
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
I too am waiting on a translated copy, because I sadly can not read japanese and I got the rom for it on my mp3 player.
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
The hacking work is taken care of however the text still needs to be translated. I do not know japanese so I've been unable to get this translation any further. If anyone here knows japanese and wants to help let me know.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Normmatt wrote:
The hacking work is taken care of however the text still needs to be translated. I do not know japanese so I've been unable to get this translation any further. If anyone here knows japanese and wants to help let me know.
I know someone who can translate japanese to english, I have forked to your project on github so if I can get him to translate it, I can upload it to github for you to finish it.

Update.

I spoke to my friend, and sadly, there is a good amount of kanji in the games dialogue, and he just can not read kanji for the life of him, the most i can do is have the diologue script sent to me so I can run it through a translator and send it to him for refining, that is the only way I think we can do this.
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:16 am  Reply with quote + 
A google translate version would atleast make the game playable/understandable. I have no problems with it. although I wont merge it back into my main branch.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you have the text for it then kanji is no problem, there's converters available for it like the following.

Kanji Converter: http://nihongo.j-talk.com
Kanji Dictionary: http://www.saiga-jp.com/kanji_dictionary.html

Here's a good Japanese dictionary that I often use, there's many mirrors for it.
http://rut.org/cgi-bin/j-e/dict (Manchester, USA)
http://www.gokanji.com/cgi-bin/j-e/dict (Atlanta, USA)
http://enterprise.ottix.net/cgi-bin/j-e/dict (Canada)
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#9  Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Normmatt wrote:
A google translate version would atleast make the game playable/understandable. I have no problems with it. although I wont merge it back into my main branch.
hmm, sadly, I do not have the text, and I do not know where to find the text, but if I can find it, I would be able to run it through, I just need to know how to compile it into a GBA format inorder to make it playable.

Edit: hmm, I just talked to my friend, and he can not process the project in its current state, he needs it in a note pad, preferably microsoft word with a japanese language pack. :xeyes: 
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Birdyfan wrote:
Normmatt wrote:
hmm, sadly, I do not have the text, and I do not know where to find the text, but if I can find it, I would be able to run it through, I just need to know how to compile it into a GBA format inorder to make it playable.

Edit: hmm, I just talked to my friend, and he can not process the project in its current state, he needs it in a note pad, preferably microsoft word with a japanese language pack. :xeyes: 

The project is about as simple as it can get.

Put the japanese rom named input.gba into the rom folder edit the text found in the various text files in the script folder and run the build.bat file

The scripts can be edited in whatever you like however its not entirely setup for easy translation however if you send me the text i can format it correctly for you.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#11  Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Normmatt wrote:
Birdyfan wrote:
Normmatt wrote:

The project is about as simple as it can get.

Put the japanese rom named input.gba into the rom folder edit the text found in the various text files in the script folder and run the build.bat file

The scripts can be edited in whatever you like however its not entirely setup for easy translation however if you send me the text i can format it correctly for you.
ah ok, that makes sense, and I do have the japanese rom, I will have to have my friend, who is away on business right now, so he might be able to start the transilation, which will take a long while to do once I run the program. as for the scripts, I would appreciate that, as I can't make heads or tails of it. I wouldn't mind it being in a more user friendly format if possible, if not, then at least in a format that is somewhat easier to read.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#12  Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:34 am  Reply with quote + 
I have taken to subbing it myself, I found a good japanse text editor, and I am running the text through google translate, that way it will at least be a little easier for us all to understand it. it will be a bit of time before the rom is ready to download.
legato
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks a lot Birdyfan for doing this job. We all appreciate the effort and look forward to its completion. =D Be sure to add your name in the translated rom somewhere for reference sake.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#14  Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
legato wrote:
Thanks a lot Birdyfan for doing this job. We all appreciate the effort and look forward to its completion. =D Be sure to add your name in the translated rom somewhere for reference sake.
no problem, I found a japanese text editor so I can actually show the text so I can just run it through google translate then I can have my friend proof read it and edit it so its not all in broken engrish.

Though that will have to wait till I can actually get back online, since my internet provider cut me off due to the payment being late because of the mail strike. So once I am back online, I will be working on the project.
legato
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me if there are translated roms for either:

B-daman bakugaiden - Victory heno michi

or

B-daman bakugaiden V - Final mega tune

Thanks in advance.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#16  Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I am online right now due to me being at a drop in center, I am just making a decision as to whether I want to get my old ISP back or go mobile and get a mobile internet stick, I have the means to send the cable box back and the modem, but I can get a mobile plan for much less so I am probably just going to go with the mobile plan instead since I can get it for 40 dollars if I go through the contract, its pretty much got the same transfer rate that I already have anyways. Just letting you all know that I am still here and I still intend on translating bomberman jetterz GBA for everyone once I am back up and running :wink: .
Normmatt
Bomberbie

Post#17  Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:33 am  Reply with quote + 
I just thought I'd again ask if any translators around here and interested in working on the project. There is no kanji and the script shouldn't be too difficult as the game is basically a simple rpg puzzle game, however google translate and other online translation services mangle the text so much that its not really worth using them at all.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:49 am  Reply with quote + 
No online translator is going to give you good results for any language. At most they should be used as a reference as you're translating the text, in case there is anything confusing.

Anyway, I might take a crack at it in my spare time.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
So hey, I'm actually working on this. I've got the dialogue from the intro, ending, and epilogue all translated (save for maybe two lines), as well as most of the item names and many item descriptions, all of the Charabomb names as well as their attacks, and a whole lot of dialogue from the first world (which I'm still working on).

I ran into some trouble with the shops yesterday, but I got that sorted out and they now function properly. (Here is my artist's interpretation of what happened)

So basically, the story opens with the Jetters looking at a Beam Gun, the same one that appears in the first episode of the anime. Birdy begins to tell the story. In the past, when Mighty was still active, Ein contacted the Jetters and notified them that a strange space ship had appeared at Leisure Star (Nonbiri Star, also mentioned in the anime). Since Birdy was wounded, Mighty set out to investigate. Thus began his last known mission.
legato
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Cool beans Plasma! Thanks for your hard work! Are you also working on getting the translation put into the game?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 3 Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2177s
Index - Back to Top