Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Virtual Reality Bomberman game
[Replies: 11]  [Views: 3503]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Gamers walk around where they walk bomberman walks/runs.
http://www.thelastboss.com/post.phtml?pk=2038
:P
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Dude that is really awesome. Its cool that some gamers were hardcore enoguh to come up with that and make it. hehe. Really Awesome!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
There so needs to be a way to project the data onto a floor. Same game tracking, with a video floor (for walls and items) would be very playable. Then again in my mind, the ideal bomberman VR would be dedicated, with hydraulic walls and some leds lining the floors/top of the walls, which would fall into the floor. Would be one HELL of a (unprofitable) project though, so it would never happen.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:31 am  Reply with quote + 
That's awesome, but.... how do they set the bombs?....
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:25 am  Reply with quote + 
I actually own the only official (Hudson made) first person view Bomberman.
Not that I'm the only one in the world or anything, but it's very rare. I only saw a couple screens of it on the net and could never find a rom. I'd like to dump and share mine, but I don't know how.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's badass man.

It's so cool what people do because of their love for video games.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
I actually own the only official (Hudson made) first person view Bomberman.
Not that I'm the only one in the world or anything, but it's very rare. I only saw a couple screens of it on the net and could never find a rom. I'd like to dump and share mine, but I don't know how.
What? I never heard of this, what's it called?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman 3D. You wouldn't believe what system it was made for...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Did a bit of google searching... MSX, really not that surprising.

--edit-- found some screenshots, it really looks like crap, and doesn't look to fit into the bomber man series at all.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Very constructive comments... and very respectful of old games that dared try to innovate a formula that was still new.

With that said, yes the game is slightly less good than the first MSX Bomberman (also known as Eric and the Floaters, which wasn't exactly awesome either, naturally) mainly due to the limited view of your surroundings.
However, considering just how old the game is, I'd say it was quite an achievement for it to merely exist. And they even came up with the idea of giving the player a small radar to know what was in the immediate area surrounding him/her (walls, floaters, treasures...)

Nowadays, it may not be worth more than 10/15 minutes of our time, but it's still an interesting experience to see such an early BMan game (the very second) attempt to put us "behind the visor" has Retro Studios would say.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
--edit-- Forget my long, post, i can shorten it up quite a bit.

I was a bit unfair to the title, but as I see it, its just another example of the fad of that time to take games that worked well and convert them to pseudo 3d. From the screen shot I can't see anything that was that innovative, and more then that I can't see gaining any amusement from the title other then the fun of researching it and seeing an old implementation of a series i like. Graphics looked fairly average really, nothing exceptional. My biggest problem with it is, even as a sequel to E&TF it doesn't really stand up... I think E&TF had alot of things that only it had, converting that to 3d and leaving it at that doesn't seem to me any more innovative then 3d pacman, possibly less so.

I'm not the type of person to discount games because of their age though... then again, if i was, this wouldn't be the board for me.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
I can't see gaining any amusement from the title other then the fun of researching it and seeing an old implementation of a series i like.

But isn't that the whole point? Seeing an old Bomberman game and so unconventional too?

fireball87 wrote:
Graphics looked fairly average really, nothing exceptional.

Oh they are positively horrible, not arguing that :wink: 

fireball87 wrote:
I'm not the type of person to discount games because of their age though... then again, if i was, this wouldn't be the board for me.

That's true :happy: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1815s
Index - Back to Top