Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
A Trivia Fact about Second Attack
[Replies: 13]  [Views: 5438]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Did you know that Most of the Soundtrack in Second Attack was done by Yasunori Mitsuda? who's best known for his soundtrack of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross?

I love his Music, they're so Powerful and Dramatic, which could explaine why the soundtrack on Second attack was so different from the Other Bomberman games.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's a good thing he had a epic story with some dramatic events to go with then :wink: 
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
It's a good thing he had a epic story with some dramatic events to go with then :wink: 

True, Since Second attack was considered to be a Much Darker game in tone, They probully needed some Final Fantasy type music to fit it's much darker tone.

I mean in Second Attack it deals with having planets being sucked in by Gravity Black hole generators, and some crazy bizzare Plot Twist abouts Devils and Angels corrupting Rukifelth and Lilith. Never have I've ever seen a Bomberman Game with a Dark/violent plot like this, it's like they ripped the plot off of Chrono Crusade or Something.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
ChronoBall X wrote:
having planets being sucked in by Gravity Black hole generators

Personally I always thought that was just funny if not outright cheesy... but I agree on the rest (and the generally more epic mood)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was already aware that Yasunori Mitsuda did the 2nd attack's soundtrack. I mean, that's why it's so freckin good. I was still quite surprised though when I first found out. Getting a great composer like that to do a game with such low potential in the market compared to other things he's done. He must be pretty free lance. Even though the game didn't have much chance of seeling millions its still awesome how he put so much effort into making a great soundtrack.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I was already aware that Yasunori Mitsuda did the 2nd attack's soundtrack. I mean, that's why it's so freckin good. I was still quite surprised though when I first found out. Getting a great composer like that to do a game with such low potential in the market compared to other things he's done. He must be pretty free lance. Even though the game didn't have much chance of seeling millions its still awesome how he put so much effort into making a great soundtrack.

I wonder why he chose to compose TSA soundtrack? I saw the list of other things he's done, and while I haven't played any of those games he composed for, I know they're really popular...at any rate more popular than a Bomberman game (and such a quirky little one, what with the "massive" cast and "deep" characterization) (quotes are intentional because the terms enclosed within are used in relation to other Bomberman games).

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Off topic, but nice new siggy Sora :happy: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Off topic, but nice new siggy Sora :happy: 

Hehe. Thank ye kindly. The quote's from a random crack story my friend (Post) wrote for me. It was either that quote or the "POMMY THINKS CHARLIE'S ANGELS IS CRACK" quote...which may yet make an appearance in a future sig.

To keep this post fairly on topic, which Bomberman game do you think has the worst music?

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Uhm well, possible candidates would be:

Bomberman GB (Wario Land)
Saturn Bomberman (I haven't actually played it, but downloaded several tracks and went "yuck!", makes me wonder what BMan Fight's is like)
Bomberman Hero
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Uhm well, possible candidates would be:

Saturn Bomberman (I haven't actually played it, but downloaded several tracks and went "yuck!", makes me wonder what BMan Fight's is like)
Bomberman Hero

Haven't played either of the first two, but I didn't think Hero's was too bad. Admittedly there's quite a few tracks that I wouldn't listen to on repeat, but they weren't bad, I think - they just weren't songs I wouldn't listen to on repeat.

I wouldn't necessarily say this had bad music, but Pocket Bomberman for GBC didn't exactly have outstanding tracks if my memory serves me correctly. I was also bored by Generation's music as a whole, although I really like the main menu theme and the ending remix for that scene.

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
I agree, Generation was in large part kinda bland and maybe some (most?) of Pocket Bomberman too, though I really liked the intro music for that one.

Bomberman Hero actually does have a few very nice tracks, like when you get an attachment for Bomberman, but too many were just weird spacey noises (just consider Nitros' intro music... though his battle music was one of the few nice ones)
Saturn Bomberman has similar problems, at least judging from what music I downloaded.

Last edited by Duke Serkol on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:35 am
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
I haven't played any of those games he composed for

Thats too bad, you should find a copy of chrono trigger to play a bit atleast, its very high on my all time favorites list, and thats coming from someone who normally wouldn't play an rpg unless it was eather action or stratagy.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was aware of the fact a while ago (that Yasunori Mitsuda composed the music for Bman 64: TSA), although it's still interesting to note that this is the same guy who composed most of Chrono Trigger's soundtrack (which I believe was the very first game he composed music for, or at least the first one that made him well known), among other games.

Duke Serkol wrote:

I'm taking it you meant Wario Blast?

I got nothing else to say about this topic, really.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Whoops, yeah, Blast not Land.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1805s
Index - Back to Top