BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman Sprite
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1221]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork

Flame

Post#1  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
im starting to work on some bomberman sprites...

tell me if this is a good start, ok? :wink: 

(its kinda bad... i know, I havent sprited in a while)
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey that's relativeley good! What kind of shading are you going for by the way? Because there's allot of shades of colour in that sprite as I examined it. The proportion is good too, but some shapes could be sorted out. I'm guessing this isn't the finalised sprite so...

The head is incredibly squarish, and Shirobon's head is a bit more rounded at the corners than that. So I'm say trim off a few pixels there, and leave more space between the eyes a bit. Remember that it's a srt of sideways - frontwards pose, so the right eye could be furhter distanced towards the edge of his face by just a pixel, and the left eye too in the other direction. And I'd say make his antennae more circular, as well as the right hand.

Also, I think the legs if you're giving them a curve at all, should curve inwards and not outwards. And try to rise the arms a bit so it doesn't look like he's slouching, and just curve them a bit more to make it look natural. And seeming as I'm a fan of japanese characters with large appendances, maybe thicken his shoes?

But it's a great start. You obviously have a talent in spriting, so keep going with that and then you'll be able to recolour them into the other Bombers. :P Sorry if my comments were too criticising, but don't get my wrong, it's really really good.

Lastly, try making his torso smaller and his legs closer together. :happy: 
Flame

Post#3  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
i actually used some shading from (i think it was) the super bomberman series from the SNES or something... the feet and hands are made by scratch, the purple shading was used from a 16 million color palette in a program i have called Neo paint

i never knew why, but i actually have a talent at making feet :happy: 

and yeah.... i think i might work on more of this, in time

i just thought of making bomberman's head a square (yeah, i'll fix it) since i normally saw it like that when i saw him for the first time

i also know how to shade like this from diffrent sprites i made (you can search my name on google to find the sprites, my full name is Flame_the_hedgehog)

but thanks, you really brought up my confidence to make more sprites of this :P
Emerald
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Shape needs alot of work, and why does some of it have a black outline?
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1321s
Index - Back to Top