BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Have the Recent Bomberman Games Gone Downhill?
[Replies: 15]  [Views: 6117]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Don;t get me wrong, I always enjoy every Bomberman Game to the Fullest

But the Gamecube Bomberman games were'nt as Awsome as the N64 ones, because first of all, the gamecube's cel shaded animation is poorley done, and second the plots were too cheesy

the N64 Bomberman Games(Especially Bomberman 64: the second Attack) had a much more Seriouse Storyline to them with some comedy.

Bomberman 64: the second attack was my most fav because it dealed with Death, Betrayl, Surprising plot Twists, Angels ,Devils and Godesses.

Rukifelth, Sephertoth, and the Dark Angel were the coolest Bad@SS villians, but in the Gamecube ones, all we ever get are total goofball villians like Mujo and Dr MecaDoc and those midget hige hige bandits.
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for spoiling "Bman: The 2nd attack" for me.

And I thought Bman Gen was better than Bman 64.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:09 am  Reply with quote + 
I liked the 64 games way better then what I managed to play of the gamecube ones. I only did play the 1-player of generation for an hour or so but I thought it was awful...
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
The same could be said for every series, eventually the developers change the formula of the sequel in an attempt to get better reviews, but end up alienating some of their fans. Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Ratchet: Deadlocked, Metroid Prime, Megaman Legends, Mario Kart Double Dash, Megaman X7, etc. are all good examples. Sometimes it turns out to be successful game, such as Resident Evil 4, Symphony of the Night, or Final Fantasy Tactics, but those are rare: People generally complain when changes are made, but if things stay the same, they call it a rehash. Such is the nature of the video game industry - You must make good changes, not changes for the sake of change. The hard part is, finding what changes will be good. If everyone could find exactly what would make a game better, we'd have ran out of good ideas in the 8-bit era.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
:sad:  Im currently playing BM64 TSA... :mad: 
Im not surprised about lilith though, Lilith is the name of the godess of death in celtic or somethng like that.

I Liked Generation A lot. They have kept a pretty steady pace of quality. They still haven't broken awayn from the "5 evil bombers and 1 controlling them all" thing so thats cool. I wish they would make another Bomberman Hero type game. It was a bit unorthodox, but Im a sucker for platformers.
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:22 am  Reply with quote + 
I may be no mod, but it would be wise for anyone to put warn people about spoilers before indicating them so.

Anyway, Second Attack was probably the pinnacle of storyline-ness. In the USA, anyway.

Bomberman games are meant to be played, not for the plot. If it were like that, then alot of games would be 'downhill' with that logic.
Necro
Bomberbie

Post#7  Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I agree. Storylines are one of the last things Bomberman games should be enjoyed for. By my own admission, Bomberman 64: The Second Attack actually did have a pretty cool story, and it did make it more enjoyable; however, had the gameplay been substandard, the story wouldn't have made it good alone.

I like Generation's multiplayer mode more than the 64 titles. Same with Jetters, but I like Generation slightly more in that aspect.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
i found the genaration gamepley awesome, the storyline was shite but the rest was awesome

i havent played the N64 ones but i remain ever loyal to the SNES games, they were the best, so fun
Razon
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think bomberman generation/jetters wasn't that good. I still enjoyed them but I got stuck on generations, never looked at a guide from gamefaqs or anywhere for it so I just gave up and never picked it up again. And as for the old bombermans I barely played them at all.
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:59 am  Reply with quote + 
You got stuck on Generations? :surprise: 

Anyway, I agree with ya, Chronoball X. I mean, these new Bomberman games are good and all but, they just don't have the same "glimmer" as the older ones.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
err yea, how did you get stuck on Genaration, as far as puzzles and bosses go it isnt that taxing
Razon
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well I had just finished jetters around the same time and I also got bored of the game, so when I hit a somewhat hard part I just stopped and didn't pick it up again.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just recently picked up jetterz and finished the final ending myself.
The most recent Bomberman Game for the DS definately could have been better.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
i wish thed relice those friggin games in the UK
im not paying money to import

haveing said all that above tho, Bomberman Hardball is quite good as simple as it all is, several bottles of White Shield later and the rather slow battle games become pure hilarity
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Angelus wrote:
I just recently picked up jetterz and finished the final ending myself.
The most recent Bomberman Game for the DS definately could have been better.

Can you blame it? It was a game with more depth to the multiplayer, what with the many ways to play and the 8 player connection. You could say single player for it was the sidedish.

Like Bomberman Party Edition for the PSX. It had the first Bomberman (NES) remaked, which is nothing new. But the multiplayer aspect was amazing.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Omata wrote:
Like Bomberman Party Edition for the PSX. It had the first Bomberman (NES) remaked, which is nothing new. But the multiplayer aspect was amazing.

that was the ledgendry game that got me hooked into bomberman in the first place, i agree fully, the multi is ledgendry

now if only i could find a copy
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1781s
Index - Back to Top