[Replies: 888]  [Views: 1017154]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#521  Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:22 am  Reply with quote + 
There are far better and more unique "atlernate Bomberman" characters in my opinion. Like Bomber King (NES).
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#522  Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
There are far better and more unique "atlernate Bomberman" characters in my opinion. Like Bomber King (NES).

Atomic Bomberman design is less than stellar and difficult to translate well into low-res canvas, so I agree. It's a viable candidate nonetheless if it could be done.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#523  Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think Knight/ZED from Bomber King is your best choice. You could easily take the original sprite and give it 16-bit colors. He could have his laser pea shooter and round-blast bombs, if not more abilities.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#524  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Vent wrote:
I think Knight/ZED from Bomber King is your best choice. You could easily take the original sprite and give it 16-bit colors. He could have his laser pea shooter and round-blast bombs, if not more abilities.

As far as I've seen they're pretty small, so they would require a good bit of editing to make them bigger.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#525  Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:11 am  Reply with quote + 
It seems to be possible to get stuck between sudden death blocks and never die. It happened to an AI in the stage with the moving hardblocks (the ones with colored bulbs in the middle). Not sure if this is relevant or not but it happened between a sudden death block and the slot where the moving hardblock moves to (but seems to have nothing to do with the moving hardblock itself as it was inactive and an entire space away). The AI seemed be exactly between the 2 hardblocks rather than directly on the space.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#526  Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
It seems to be possible to get stuck between sudden death blocks and never die. It happened to an AI in the stage with the moving hardblocks (the ones with colored bulbs in the middle). Not sure if this is relevant or not but it happened between a sudden death block and the slot where the moving hardblock moves to (but seems to have nothing to do with the moving hardblock itself as it was inactive and an entire space away). The AI seemed be exactly between the 2 hardblocks rather than directly on the space.

Thanks for posting. The protrusion hard block issues are known; I'll look into them right after I finish this post just to make sure it's done with since they've been buggy for a long while.
dylstew
Bomberbie

Post#527  Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey I wonder, will the improved online have the movement be clientside and then have prediction or lag compensation so there's not a lot of input lag? or is that super hard to implement? (I know nothing about network stuff I just play a lot of TF2 :c)
Jei
Bomberman

Post#528  Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
dylstew wrote:
Hey I wonder, will the improved online have the movement be clientside and then have prediction or lag compensation so there's not a lot of input lag? or is that super hard to implement? (I know nothing about network stuff I just play a lot of TF2 :c)

The plan is to restructure the online to have clientside movement and nearly everything else handled on the host, but the work has not gone far enough to make any definite statement yet. It's a big rewrite made further complicated by the move from GM8.1 to GM:S. I'll keep you informed on any larger progress.
dylstew
Bomberbie

Post#529  Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
dylstew wrote:

The plan is to restructure the online to have clientside movement and nearly everything else handled on the host, but the work has not gone far enough to make any definite statement yet. It's a big rewrite made further complicated by the move from GM8.1 to GM:S. I'll keep you informed on any larger progress.

Yey! Thanks for the info.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#530  Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:49 am  Reply with quote + 
If you don't mind, I put some custom audios for this video. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmPpr0qPlLE
Jei
Bomberman

Post#531  Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting. As long as it's clearly noted you customized your game, I don't mind.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#532  Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Just dropping in to say that my summer holiday begins next week, so I'll have a bit more time for this stuff. Here's hoping next version will get pushed out by the time September ends.

Meanwhile, palette change system has been implemented. Some characters get 12 colors and have the slot color assigned by default (this means there are no longer 12 colored Bombermen on the selection screen), some others have a few alternate choices, some have only one color right now.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#533  Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Very nice! :happy: 

(Personally, I think the character selection screen will look a little sleeker without all those palette-swapped Bombermen cluttering it up.)

Does Black Bomberman still get distinct animations or not?
Jei
Bomberman

Post#534  Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Very nice! :happy: 

(Personally, I think the character selection screen will look a little sleeker without all those palette-swapped Bombermen cluttering it up.)

Does Black Bomberman still get distinct animations or not?

White and Black still have distinct animations, the other colored ones have generic ones. Standard Bomberman is the only character that uses 3 graphic sets.
Bombergoomba
Bomberbie

Post#535  Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:53 am  Reply with quote + 
I find it amazing the project have you done, looks very promising the next update, you have improved all aspects of previous Bomberman games into one.

Sorry if you do not perform correctly my translation from Spanish, I hope it succeeds.

Lucky :wink: 
Jei
Bomberman

Post#536  Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks
Koletrain904
Bomberbie

Post#537  Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:05 am  Reply with quote + 
if you guys want to play with me on this then heres the room name.

Room: Power Glove

Pass: Hige
dylstew
Bomberbie

Post#538  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:48 am  Reply with quote + 
A while back I wanted to play, and I was like ''Huh, the game feels awfully..Slow, despite it playing at 60fps''

Turns out it was, later, don't know what I did, the game ran at a faster speed again. I'm really wondering how to reproduce this issue 0.o.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#539  Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:50 am  Reply with quote + 
dylstew wrote:
A while back I wanted to play, and I was like ''Huh, the game feels awfully..Slow, despite it playing at 60fps''

Turns out it was, later, don't know what I did, the game ran at a faster speed again. I'm really wondering how to reproduce this issue 0.o.

Pre-Studio GM games have a peculiar issue where running the game for the first time after having plugged in a gamepad sometimes causes massive slowdown, this could be it.
nadiya8040
Bomberdude

Post#540  Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:
Just dropping in to say that my summer holiday begins next week, so I'll have a bit more time for this stuff. Here's hoping next version will get pushed out by the time September ends.

Meanwhile, palette change system has been implemented. Some characters get 12 colors and have the slot color assigned by default (this means there are no longer 12 colored Bombermen on the selection screen), some others have a few alternate choices, some have only one color right now.

Excuse me, I've noticed there is a "Hold A" thing appeared on this screenshot. Is there something to do with that thing?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 27 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1318s
Index - Back to Top