BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community
 
 Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Power Bomberman 0.7.7c
[Replies: 888]  [Views: 1033659]
Users browsing this topic: 5 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Author Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#21  Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fixed Robo Bomber stage accordingly, thanks for feedback.
Quote:
Lastly, the reason I requested that you add the speed button is I actually want the cart to go even faster than it already is, despite you saying that the default you set is already quite fast. I just need the speed key to get around the stage faster when I'm done killing someone all the way to the left side of the stage and I want to go right. Plus, there's still a spare button when you're on the cart anyway... Unless the other button ALSO adjusts throw strength.

Due to ability to create minimal chain reactions and default higher speed, I think this might be too much of a buff. Also, I am going to add the "hold A longer for distance" functionality in place of "hold C button for distance".
Quote:
EDIT: you think using a power glove to throw someone into a 1 ton to instakill him is unbalanced? It can be annoying sometimes but I think that's how it's supossed to be.

Using Power Glove to throw enemies into pressure blocks in order to eliminate them should work here and it has been the case in every 2D Bomberman game I know where you could try that. If you couldn't defeat opponents this way, it might have been a bug.

EDIT:
Quote:
can't use detonator when you have certain other power-up even if you have no bombs around (and even if it's the most recently picked up power up AND I don't have a powerup that overrides the button for it).

Could you rephrase that? I have hard time understanding what this issue is about.
Quote:
Line bomb should be binded to another button (any as long as it's not also the bomb laying button. B or C would work I think).
I decided to use the double-bombset method like in older games rather than single button binding known from newer ones so you don't have to Line Bomb every time you want to punch one. Also, this set-up makes you able to set up "cages" of bombs around the opponents if you set yourself up close to a wall, do a bomb line, turn around and do another bomb line.
Quote:
AIs tend to kill themselves all the time when they have the power up that allows them to pass through blocks. Happens even when they are completely alone (e.g. in the extra large stage when they are isolated in the corner and they have at least 1 bomb-up and there are no oppenents to bother him while he farms).

Will look into.
Quote:
Remote bombs stay forever when thier owners die (intentional?).

The remaining bombs can be used for your own purposes and chain reactions, so I decided to leave that as is.
Quote:
Lastly, a suggestion. This might annoy the crap out of people playing when they can't see them but... can you allow remote bombs and mines power-ups to sort of combine you you can detonate mines?

There is no Mine Bomb in latest public version, but I indeed have it set up in upcoming one lol
But there is no type mixing like in Super Bomberman, so you won't be able to do that.
Quote:
BTW, are warp things supossed to send you back to themselves? As in, it sends me up to the sky and often just puts me back in the exact same position as I was before very often.

Will fix.
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#22  Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
So, supposedly, you got a power-up that takes up the button that detonator uses right? Then, you get the detonator afterwards. There are no bombs on screen that you have recently put down. You put a bomb down, use the detonator. Both the previous power taking up the detonator button and the detonator it self doesn't work.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#23  Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have tried collecting Punch, then Detonator, but nothing glitchy happened after I came up to the bomb and pressed C button. In general, you can possess all items that use C button at once (Push, Punch, Detonator), with Detonators stacking up. I also tried picking Shield/Bomb Change/Ruse in separate attempts, then grabbing Remote Control, but I could successfully detonate set bombs afterwards and use the power of B-button item. Unfortunately, I still don't know what the problem is.

btw If you're not sure of the item names, you can check Item Help option in the menu.
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#24  Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, I guess it's just me then. Also, I know you can check the item names like that. BTW, very nice touch, the item tutorials section. It's really quite good. Suggestion though. Also demonstrate that the stacker works with kick instead of just juggle.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#25  Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks, will do.
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#26  Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:41 am  Reply with quote + 
I highly recommend making the third variation of high life (whatever the one with see-saws is called) have see-saws that affect each other. I remember how much more fun the advanced and intermediate variations of the see-saw stages are in Party edition. The first variation has normal see-saws, the second one had one see saw o nthe left side affect its right side counter part, the last one had one see-saw cause ALL see-saws to follow its position. Also, I think I remember how the warp portals work. They send you clockwiese/ counterclockwise. Top left --> top right --> bottom right --> bottom left --> top left --> etc... Lastly, can you make it so that AI teammates don't attack each other and you? My teammate got spawned near me several times and trapped me between bombs and blocks. when I got back from bombercart, he chased me around the stage in his cart and eventually replaced me...

EDIT: disregard the part about the warps. I said this because there was one stage you made with completely randomized warps and I assumed you made it like that for everything. Also, in one of the stages with warps, you have a strange placement of tiles. The one with 2 bridges I mean. Last suggestion for this post. Allow explosions to pass over gaps in the space stage (and maybe the stage full or cocktails).
EDIT: Found a bug where you can spawn a bead bomb behind you if you stand between tiles. Ah, the amount of suicides this caused me. Also, it seems that you can't turn on bombercart in a 12 player battle without it becoming a top concern. Maybe you could tone it down a bit so that 12 player battles don't become bomb hell?
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#27  Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for all the bug reports, they will be looked into. Regarding variation B of warp stage, it will probably get edited eventually anyway. Wide stage gameplay is getting additional tweaks, so the revenge bomber won't be so gameplay-disrupting.
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#28  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:22 am  Reply with quote + 
About the Thinkfst stage and the super speed curse. The curse is meant to be a handicap but it grants the AI an advantage instead due to their precise control. Same for Thinkfast. I find it EXTREMELY hard to beat AIs when playing on Thinkfst. Maybe make it so that they occasionally overshoot when they are trying to walk? Also, do the AIs react to Bombchange and Ruse? Maybe make it so that there's a 90% chance that the AI will react to Ruse and a 55% chance that the AI will react to Bombchange. Maybe even the same system for AIs noticing bombs put in obstructions. The AIs would generally avoid passing by obstructions but not always react to bombs placed under them unless they actually bump into it. The last one may be a little dodgy though if actually implemented.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Fiddling3857
Bomberjack

Status: Offline

Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 823
Post#29  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Actually, if I were to have a way to get the speed curse without a risk of the other curses, I'd take it nearly 100 percent of the time. I've always found that curse to be a perk, even with my human reaction times.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#30  Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
AI is definitely pending some improvements, like abilities to use certain powerups. I will try my best to make it more of a threat on the higher levels (though I don't think I'll make it slip on these, maybe on lower ones).
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#31  Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#32  Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:43 am  Reply with quote + 
:surprise:  Bomberman '94 style single player!? I'm quite excited to blow up extremely stupid bunnies and electric pole things! Are you going to add boss levels too? Oh, and maybe those enemies that carry the electronic tower pole things. Those things tend to kill me a lot though because I don't get out of the way when they drop it.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#33  Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Glad you liked it! Yes, there will be boss areas and enemies dropping the Core Mechas (the latter actually will appear as soon as area 1-4).
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#34  Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Is this to replace score mode or will it be put in as a separate mode? Also, why didn't you implement a high score board for score mode instead of prompting the player for a screenshot?A suggestion for the dark stage with the spotlights: make the bombs and players the onlyu things that remain bright even when the spotlight is not pointed at them.

There also still seems to be seams in the tiles when the res is at its lowest. Specially in the dark stage.

EDIT: Huh, didn't know you were one of the devs of Smash Bros. Crusade. Noticed a bug btw and I'm not sre if this applies only to dungeon because I only started noticing it there. If a bomb you layed before you died explodes and your at the bombercart, you replace whoever got killed. This tends to happen when you trap you and somebody else between a softblock and a bomb. The game for some reason puts me back in whenever that happens.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#35  Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
Is this to replace score mode or will it be put in as a separate mode?

It's a new mode, Score Mode will likely get an upgrade at some point.
Someone64 wrote:
Also, why didn't you implement a high score board for score mode instead of prompting the player for a screenshot?

I have no option of making an online leaderboard, so I went for that. I could add a High Score board, but it's not a priority right now.
Someone64 wrote:
A suggestion for the dark stage with the spotlights: make the bombs and players the onlyu things that remain bright even when the spotlight is not pointed at them.

Items would have to be flat like in older Bomberman games then. It's a depth issue - I could get it to work, but due to eggs being larger than a single tile, the eggs would have to either remain visible or get a new sprite.
Someone64 wrote:
There also still seems to be seams in the tiles when the res is at its lowest. Specially in the dark stage.

This is an issue specific for that stage, I will try to fix that for the next version.
Someone64 wrote:
EDIT: Huh, didn't know you were one of the devs of Smash Bros. Crusade.

lol I never thought anyone would recognize me as such
Someone64 wrote:
Noticed a bug btw and I'm not sre if this applies only to dungeon because I only started noticing it there. If a bomb you layed before you died explodes and your at the bombercart, you replace whoever got killed. This tends to happen when you trap you and somebody else between a softblock and a bomb. The game for some reason puts me back in whenever that happens.

Thanks for report.
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#36  Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, I found out through a video of RhoBomberman. I didn't even know that this game was called that before. I didn't really care to read the in-game credits (if there even were any). Anyway, the bombs being bright thing is the only thing that made the dark stage even remotely tolerable for me even with chasing bombs. BTW, about stne garden. The only gimmick in that stage is the tall stone pillars? bombs don't bounce of the side when thrown at them either. That seems to be too small of a gimmick for me. What about adding strange screen wrapping passages to that stage? As in, instead of left to right and right to left it's left to top, top to left, right to bottom and vice versa.

EDIT: Wait a minute... Why can't you just put small bomb sized *and maybe bomb shaped* spotlights for each bomb just like you did for the players in the dark stage?

Bug report: Retro bombs don't show up in the second and third variant of dungeon and wrap around passages of variant C are inviible. The third one you might have done intentionally though.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#37  Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Someone64 wrote:
Well, I found out through a video of RhoBomberman. I didn't even know that this game was called that before. I didn't really care to read the in-game credits (if there even were any).

Ah, cool.
Someone64 wrote:
BTW, about stne garden. The only gimmick in that stage is the tall stone pillars? bombs don't bounce of the side when thrown at them either. That seems to be too small of a gimmick for me. What about adding strange screen wrapping passages to that stage? As in, instead of left to right and right to left it's left to top, top to left, right to bottom and vice versa.

Rock Garden is getting respawning blocks in 0.4.1 version.
Someone64 wrote:
EDIT: Wait a minute... Why can't you just put small bomb sized *and maybe bomb shaped* spotlights for each bomb just like you did for the players in the dark stage?

Making bombs appear in front of the shadow is easy, hiding eggs and items behind it would be problematic, since egg sprite would have to be reduced to size of 1 tile. It could be arranged, though.
Someone64 wrote:
Bug report: Retro bombs don't show up in the second and third variant of dungeon and wrap around passages of variant C are inviible. The third one you might have done intentionally though.

Thanks for report.
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 125
Post#38  Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jaklub wrote:

Wow, that looks really promising. o_O I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this project.
_________________
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Someone64
Bomberdude

Status: Offline

Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Post#39  Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Hmm... It seems that it's very hard to punch bombs if you are facing away from the bomb when you have a kick power up because it causes you to kick it instead. I remember that other bomberman games had a sort of system to counter that. I think it was that if you pressed the punch button RIGHT before facing the bomb you will punch it instead of kicking it. Maybe you can implement that? Also, I think it would benefit the game a lot if you toned down bomber carts a bit. They end up becoming a top priority when you have enough players and everyone is concentrating on you.

Bug report: Bombs on conveyor belts tend to overlap and when they do, they stop moving. Also, bombs that are on conveyor belts that are adjecent to each other are supposed to separate as they move so that they end up having at least one tile between them like in all other bomberman games. Also, in other bomberman games, collision for bombs to bomns on conveyor belts have the collision snap to the grid while collisions for players to bombs on conveyor belts followed exact position. Also for some reason pushing someone into a bomb moving on a conveyor belt with the push powerup kills them even if the bomb doens't blow them up. I haven't tried it with the power glove though.
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Status: Offline

Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 290
Post#40  Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posts.
Someone64 wrote:
Hmm... It seems that it's very hard to punch bombs if you are facing away from the bomb when you have a kick power up because it causes you to kick it instead. I remember that other bomberman games had a sort of system to counter that. I think it was that if you pressed the punch button RIGHT before facing the bomb you will punch it instead of kicking it. Maybe you can implement that?

I can make the punch work through hold instead of press, should do the trick
Someone64 wrote:
Also, I think it would benefit the game a lot if you toned down bomber carts a bit. They end up becoming a top priority when you have enough players and everyone is concentrating on you.

I'll edit their AI a bit and perhaps nerf the reload time.
Someone64 wrote:
Bug report: Bombs on conveyor belts tend to overlap and when they do, they stop moving. Also, bombs that are on conveyor belts that are adjecent to each other are supposed to separate as they move so that they end up having at least one tile between them like in all other bomberman games. Also, in other bomberman games, collision for bombs to bomns on conveyor belts have the collision snap to the grid while collisions for players to bombs on conveyor belts followed exact position. Also for some reason pushing someone into a bomb moving on a conveyor belt with the push powerup kills them even if the bomb doens't blow them up. I haven't tried it with the power glove though.

Thanks for reports, will look into resolving these issues.
_________________
Power Bomberman -- Discord
Back to Top
View user profile Send Private Message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

 
Jump to: 


Total Time: 0.2097s
Index - Back to Top