Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Mario Party 9
[Replies: 7]  [Views: 2318]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey, fellas! Since the Wii's time on retail games is almost up, I'd like for us to discuss Mario Party 9, now that it's out in all but Japan (till next month). What were your thoughts on it, let alone its "story mode"?

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:57 am  Reply with quote + 
I haven't played any of the mario party games since 5. As for 9 I watched some trailers for it and it looks interesting, but I don't imagine that I'll be getting the game. Still waiting for them to add an online mode to the series, hopefully they add it in the next mario party 10.

I've heard many people make arguments against the addition of the online element as to why it hasn't been added, about how it's meant to be played in person, and that it wouldn't be good since people would disconnect if they're losing and so on. Though I'd say that the main purpose of it is to be able to play with people that you know easily and at any time, and for people who you only know online. Who in which case wouldn't disconnect during the game, and that you may not have a chance to play the game with otherwise.

Haven't come across anything much related to the story mode, but the new car game mode looks like it could be good. Compared to everyone getting all split up throughout the map, keeping all the action in one place like that could make it more lively.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 am  Reply with quote + 
I'd still like to play a Mario Party game with some people. I don't believe that I've ever actually played a whole match before...
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:51 am  Reply with quote + 
I usually stick to around 20 or so turns in any Mario Party game. For "full matches" -- like 50 turns -- it's best if you got up to four people playing.

Mario Party 9, on the other hand, differs with both its new turn system and map layout.

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 am  Reply with quote + 
I play Mario Party 3 often enough 3 player.

I've been whined at to get mario party on the wii, but it's not worth the price for a game I'll never play and a controller I'll never use.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:33 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm kind of surprised they're still putting out Mario Party games. I only played the first 3 and most people I talk to haven't played any of them since the N64 era either! I guess there's still an audience for it though.

Who would've thought there would ever be 9 of them back when the first one came out? lol. I remember liking the concept for the first one and had a lot of fun with it with my family. 2nd one was so-so and the 3rd one did have some pretty cool mini games. That little puzzle mini-game was awesome enough to be its own game!

Though my luck is always terrible in those games! 4-5 turns before the end I'll be way ahead of the pack and somehow I'll still end up in 4th place at the end of the game. lmao
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Played 4 a reasonable amount, but I watched the format get rubbish through 5-7
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
Played 4 a reasonable amount, but I watched the format get rubbish through 5-7

I always thought 6 was the most decent out of all the four Mario Parties on GameCube. Then again, I don't blame you.

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1382s
Index - Back to Top