Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Megaman X1 - No Upgrade Challange
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 1263]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:15 am  Reply with quote + 
MMX1 is pretty hard. Probably the hardest out of all the SNES games, well the final boss is. So here is a really hard challange.

No Upgrade Challange
Yes, NO Upgrades.
You cannot use Special Weapons when you get them.
You cannot get any Armor Upgrades, except for Leg and Arm as they are forced but you cannot use them. (Except for the Arm on the final boss third form for obvious reasons...)
You cannot get any Hearts or Sub-Tanks.

So you are pretty much beating the game with 16 Health, no Weaknesses, and no Dash. (Going to be hard fighting Armored Armadillo (Can someone tell me how to spell that?) unless you find out the trick, just to warn you :P)

Final Boss final form is hard. That's all I can say. He will kill you in about 2 hits.

This isn't an impossible challange. I just completed it. But it is the hardest in X1 since you don't have the Dash upgrade automatically. I beat it with X2 already and not yet X3, but because there's a glitch in my rom making one of the stages impossible to beat...

Anyone dare try this challange? :P
(i want to make a video of myself trying this as well... need to stop getting lazy...)

At least congragulate me because Sigma was a b*tch :cry:  I got through everything else just fine D:
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hold on.

I thought Rolling Shield was the only thing that even hurts Third Form Sigma. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that's how it was in the original Mega Man X. I believe they changed it in Maverick Hunter so the X-Buster also harmed him, but I distinctly remember only Rolling Shield harming Sigma's Third Form in the original game.

Regardless, congrats on completing your challenge. I haven't done anything like this in any of my games simply because it sounds like way more effort to me then it's worth. Don't misunderstand, if other gamers like doing this kind of thing, that's cool with me. Just not my cup of tea.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
I thought Rolling Shield was the only thing that even hurts Third Form Sigma. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that's how it was in the original Mega Man X. I believe they changed it in Maverick Hunter so the X-Buster also harmed him, but I distinctly remember only Rolling Shield harming Sigma's Third Form in the original game.

Rolling Shield is Sigma's weakness. It deals 2 damage. To hurt him with the buster, you must fully charge it to the max. The max as in after getting the Arm Upgrade. You're forced to get the Arm Upgrade (Zero gives it to you if you don't already have it) because of final boss Sigma only being harmed by that (and Rolling Shield but that's just a weakness :P)

I would have beaten Sigma long ago if I used Rolling Shield but nah :P
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

Rolling Shield is Sigma's weakness. It deals 2 damage. To hurt him with the buster, you must fully charge it to the max. The max as in after getting the Arm Upgrade. You're forced to get the Arm Upgrade (Zero gives it to you if you don't already have it) because of final boss Sigma only being harmed by that (and Rolling Shield but that's just a weakness :P)

Oh okay. I don't think I ever bothered trying a fully charged X-Buster shot on Sigma. I guess I just figured "well, none of these other weapons are working, so I just have to use the Rolling Shield."

Either way, I'm typically the type to actually use the boss's weaknesses whenever possible anyway and only just using the Buster to test myself. lol

Man, that must've been difficult to pull off. I remember Sigma inflicting a lot of damage when with a full life bar. Typically have to use a Energy Tank or 2 to defeat him.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

Oh okay. I don't think I ever bothered trying a fully charged X-Buster shot on Sigma. I guess I just figured "well, none of these other weapons are working, so I just have to use the Rolling Shield."

Either way, I'm typically the type to actually use the boss's weaknesses whenever possible anyway and only just using the Buster to test myself. lol

I used to use the boss weaknesses only too :P until I got bored >.< too easy, so I began fighting with only buster, but it was still too easy because of all the upgrades I had, that's how I came up with the challange.

I wonder if anyone did this before me? Oh well :P
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

I used to use the boss weaknesses only too :P until I got bored >.< too easy, so I began fighting with only buster, but it was still too easy because of all the upgrades I had, that's how I came up with the challange.

Probably. People do challenges like this for a lot of games (for example, default sword and Handguns only challenge in Devil May Cry, Knife only challenges in Resident Evil, default equipment only challenge in Symphony of the Night, etc.). wouldn't surprise me if someone did something like in the Mega Man/X games.

Recent stuff I'm into:

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Soniti 254 wrote:

Probably. People do challenges like this for a lot of games (for example, default sword and Handguns only challenge in Devil May Cry, Knife only challenges in Resident Evil, default equipment only challenge in Symphony of the Night, etc.). wouldn't surprise me if someone did something like in the Mega Man/X games.

Yeah but the final boss is really REALLY hard... the other X Games are easier :P
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1972s
Index - Back to Top