Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Rosenkreuzstilette
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1040]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
A while ago, I began watching this user on deviantART and he uploads a number of fanart images of a game called Rosenkreuzstilette, a game for Windows by [erka:es]

Now, I haven't played this game myself, but I saw an LP of the game on youtube recently and it looked like a fun game. Now, I don't want to give too much of it away, but here's what the game is about.

Over thousands of years ago, humans with the ability to control magic called Magi were around, but many of them had lost their power and only a few of Magi were born. However, Magi that were born were feared and hated and were persecuted by the Holy Empire and Orthodox Church. Finally, a Magus called Rosenkreuz and his 8 followers fought against the Holy empire and Orthodox Church. The battle resulted in Rosenkreuz costing his life, but the Holy Empire and Orthodox Church finally accepted Magi, and created Rosenkreuzstilette: The Blades of the Rose Cross.

Years later, Spiritia Rosenberg, who is like an instructor for the Imperial Army goes back home after she spends six months in the Black Forest with her fairy Lilli. Spiritia was asked by Graf Sepperin to see his daughter Iris. Spiritia meets Iris at the Imperial Training Ground where Iris is abducted by a dragon. Spiritia returns to Black Forest only to see it in flames, which were caused by Spiritia's friend, Freudia Neuwhal, a member of Rosenkreuzstilette, told Spiritia that she and most of the other members have started a new war against the Orthodox Church to end their persecution. Spiritia refuses to join her friends and is then viewed as a traitor. Spiritia and Lilli then decide to go on a quest to get to the bottom of it.

The gameplay from what I've read is based off Megaman, as the player plays Spiritia in Mega Man style. It also makes many references to Mega Man, Mega Man X, and Mega Man Zero. It also I guess has a Bomberman reference as one of the characters, Zorne, uses bombs that explode in a horizontal and vertical fashion.

So, for those of you who have played the Mega Man Series, think of it as a clone, only with.... cute anime girls. (lul original)

EDIT: There's now a sequel called Rosenkrezstilette ~Freudenstachel~ that is currently in development and I believe will be released this year in December.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I must've missed this yesterday. Looks cute.

I dug up a vid on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhM1zs_Avm8

Looks almost exactly like Megamari which is also a Doujin game in the style of Megaman, but using Touhou characters. The sprites in this look almost the same, so I wonder if it was the same people involved or if they may have just been ripped and edited into the characters by someone else.

Maybe I'll check it out someday if there's a translation for it out there.
View user profile Send Private Message
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus777 wrote:
Maybe I'll check it out someday if there's a translation for it out there.

There's actually an English patch according to the Rosenkreuzstilette Wiki in this article on the English patch. The article said that there's 3 different types along with the links where you can download them, so I guess it is up to you to get the trial version of the one you want to play if you're interested.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:57 am  Reply with quote + 
I downloaded the English trial version and gave it a quick shot. Pretty neat. almost exactly like Megamari.

This game's Mega Man references were a lot more obvious though. One stage was almost exactly like Air Man's from MM2 with the wind generating enemies and birds that drop eggs.

My PC controller doesn't work too good anymore and the directionals have become far too sensitive. That and the game was kind of on the difficult side so I wasn't able to do much in it. I could probably handle some of the stages if my controller were working properly.

Overall seems like a solid Doujin game for people that like the Mega Man style. Music is pretty good too.
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2179s
Index - Back to Top