Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Unused TSA Gameart
[Replies: 8]  [Views: 3281]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
As you know for my TSA Parodies, I enjoy hacking the hell out of Pommy. By doing so, I can also check out some interesting "mugshots". I quote it because they're not all intended to be mugshots (Even though it is like the only way to get Baelfael's happy mugshot, as well as the only way to discover that the Pommy Smug mugshot came from the Angel (As weird as it sounds, we now know why Pommy thinks he's the greatest hero in the universe :3))

Anywho, I did find some interesting things.

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/Bomberman64-TheSecondAttackUsnap024.jpg
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/Bomberman64-TheSecondAttackUsnap-52.jpg
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/Bomberman64-TheSecondAttackUsnap-53.jpg

I didn't take out the actual mugshot things so you know I didn't edit them to look like that, and also due to laziness. I'm guessing at one point or another there were some real secrets in those areas. Maybe there still are, but if they are still in there then the only way to get to them is through some extreme hacking. Yay for extreme hacking.

Furthermore, so you know that I trully am telling the truth, I'll give you the variables/address for this mugshot.

800ABD60 0027
That one is for the Warship Noah, viewed via angry face.

800ABD60 0026
That one is for Aquanet/Horizon, viewed via happy/scared face respectfully.

And of course, it is probably impossible outside of emulation as you need to activate these durring a cutscene. The mugshots are updated from Pommy's file immidately before his picture appears, but when entering a new area, Pommy himself is updated to the new form. (Meaning it may freeze the game)

And considering I'm bored as hell right now, I'll be collecting more of those unused shots, but I also will be doing a bit of collecting in order to find some "cleaner" shots of some of the actually used art, such as the different planets. (I'm sure I can find them, I've already come across the "Complete" picture used)

For anyone wondering, the reason for the areas chosen is simply because its the fastest way to see each mugshot. Ashtarth intro for normal, Zoniha intro for scared, Mihaele intro for happy, and Rukifellth intro for angry.

Something for the lulz: http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/Bomberman64-TheSecondAttackUsnap-51.jpg
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Those Aquanet and Horizon pictures appear in the shop. Guardian armor is found in those worlds, remember? :peace: 

As for the Warship Noah one... yeah, I don't think it does appear anywhere! Neat find.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Those Aquanet and Horizon pictures appear in the shop. Guardian armor is found in those worlds, remember? :peace: 

Nope, sorry, memory fail.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
As for the Warship Noah one... yeah, I don't think it does appear anywhere! Neat find.

I also found the three images used for the effect of Rukifellth's image appearing in the intro of the game.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

Ugh, bro, do your research.

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

Ugh, bro, do your research.

Why'd you waste the time to do take a picture and upload all that? All I said was that I forgot since it has been a long time considering I usually don't go for the guardian parts anymore. And due to the excitement of my discovery, it is only fair that checking never crossed my mind but there's no point as either way I'd show off the Warship Noah. If I showed only the Aquanet and Horizon then it would be a completely different story.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
The wording of your sentence was vague and open to misinterpretation.

Also, I already had the game up, and it takes no time at all for me to log on ImageShack and upload a shot.
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
This explains it all.

When you beat the game and get all the custom parts, a "*COMPLETE" sign will be beside all the levels, that Warship Noah question mark sign would have been in the shop before the game developers scrapped it. Warship Noah was originally intended to have a secret item. That's why you can never get the complete sign over Noah no matter how many times you beat it. :/

What could the item be...? This is all speculation of course.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Holy crap. I think you're on to something there. I had totally forgotten about that before you mentioned it, but yeah... That always really bugged me.

There's no way it could be Guardian Armor... All four "equippable" spots are taken, and they wouldn't just give you something like that in the final stage of the game (well, in some games they might, but I can't imagine how they'd make that work in this game).

Although, we are talking about something that was theoretically taken out, and it would have been taken out for a reason.

[Collapse Text]
Sorry if I seemed snappy earlier, someone convinced me to try an energy drink and as a result I lied awake in my bed for all but about 4 hours. But that's no excuse.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
There's no way it could be Guardian Armor... All four "equippable" spots are taken, and they wouldn't just give you something like that in the final stage of the game (well, in some games they might, but I can't imagine how they'd make that work in this game).

You never know, it could be an upgrade for the armor you only get if you collected all the armor parts in the first place, like the Gold Chip in Megaman X3.
That would have been quite awesome.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Sorry if I seemed snappy earlier, someone convinced me to try an energy drink and as a result I lied awake in my bed for all but about 4 hours.

<PSA>Just say no.</PSA>

:wink: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1545s
Index - Back to Top