Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman Land series dicussions
[Replies: 14]  [Views: 4952]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

HienFan
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 am  Reply with quote + 
I know there was a topic about the PS2 Bomberman games but that topic was already a year old so here's a discussion

Bomberman Land
This is the original Bomberman Land series, only Shiro and Kuro are in the game (This is the only time Kuro does not look angry 24/7). Aka and Ao are in the game but they look like more like Shiro and Kuro like in the main series, interesting to note both this and the N64 version has the same music but the minigames are a bit different and the PS version has a story while the N64 doesn't
The PS version is the only Land game in the series to lack the save feature in any locations other than Kart DX, it also only have one mode. The Land mode (To save you have to go to the info booth)

Bomberman Kart
Yeah the initial characters are called White, Black, Red, Pink and Gold. But there's also a hidden character he's called Green
About Green Bomber after his game debut (He's also the same Green Bomber in the 4koma series) his name was changed into Racer Bomber since there was a new character also called Midoribom/Green starting with Bomberman Land 2
Red is a baby in the game while PRetty is a good character and Gold was this fat rich guy

Bomberman Land 2
Aobom and Midoribom debuted there, I noticed that some of the mini games in the first game were absent in the game but returned in the third Land while the remaining were gone forever
This is also the only game Racer has fingers because.. THIS IS THE ONLY GAME HE EVER APPEARS IN 2D
Urr.. Racer is a male right?

Kart DX
Some of the characters have smaller eyes in the game compared to the other game especially Ao
This game has voice acting Shiro sound like a boy, Kuro sounds like a girl(O.o the English game told me he was a boy), Ao sounds much older than he should be(He's a kid according to the Touch game) as though he hit puberty too soon, Midori sounds like that boy with glasses on Doraemon, Pretty sounds like a girl, Gold sounds a bit nasally while Racer sounds like a little ten year old boy (Which is pretty freaky if you consider how tall he is) and scream like a stupid idiot
In the dungeon crawler mode for some reason despite the fact it shows Shiro and Kuro fighting monsters Pretty is Player 2
Red is reduced to an NPC and is replaced by Blue, Green and Hige Hige bandits (The hidden characters are not him at all despite the fact his name is on the highscore chart)

Battles/Hardball
Red is not in the game
Most of the characters voices have changed Shiro, Kuro, Ao and Midori all have the exact same high little girl voice as though they sucked in too much helium, Pretty voice is very annoying, Gold's voice is a bit slower and Racer is even higher and at some points sounds like a teenage girl
Shiro, Kuro, Ao and Midori changes clothes for every activity. Racer only changes during tennis while Pretty and Gold wears the same thing everywhere (Pretty has quite a number of panty shots though)
In the Hardball game Shiro is Ivory(Eww it sucks), Kuro is Star(Something tells me his parents once expected a girl..), Ao is Blue (Unsurprising), Midori is Jade (O.o0 while Pretty, Gold and Racer has the same name (Which is a pity considering that Racer was once called Green)
In the Battles version you can also buy pages of the 4 panel comics. this is obmitted in the Hardball version
This is the first game where you can dress Shiro, based on some of the body options Shiro doesn't wear underwear (interesting to note the green head colouring is exactly the one on Racer's head checkers and all but the body outfit is more like Midori so if you want to create an imitation of Racer you end up making an what looks like a mixture of Racer and Midori :xeyes:  )

Bomberman Land 3
The last Bomberman game to ever have the Round head (Bomberman DS was released before this game) the polygons looks like the one in Battles
This is also Aka (He's too minor now) and Racer's (All that guy ever do is talk disgusting and play around) last appearence before Hudson decided 'What the hell we don't like them they wear dark green and dark green is so last century let's ditch them) :cry:  Racer.. I miss you.. I want you to come back even if it means you look as ugly as Kuro now

The future of the Bomberman Land series
I don't like the fact that they not only change the round head to the older square head design but they also deleted Red and Racer(ESPECIALLY him) for good and that there are fewer minigames than ever (even the Wii version has fewer mini games than the original PS1 game, Wii=36, PS=40) Hudson.. you disappoint me like what every company did to me now.. Though the DS games were funny.. Too bad ShiroXPretty is canon. It feels like Shiro is a backstabber. Interesting thing to note these games actually load on the same location as where you save instead of taking you to a consistent place (the first two games on the port, the third in your room in the hotel)

PS The huge guy in Gold is Gold's father
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Interesting little article, thanks :happy: 

HienFan wrote:
Too bad ShiroXPretty is canon. It feels like Shiro is a backstabber.

How so? Who does he appear to be backstabbing to you?

HienFan wrote:
PS The huge guy in Gold is Gold's father

Uh?
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:20 am  Reply with quote + 
He's backstabbing Gold
He is perfectly aware Gold is in love with Pink (Gold' speeches is extremely obvious since he says all his feelings in public) yet shows no shame when Pretty kisses him even though he knows Gold wants her

There's this one huge guy I saw during the PS2 Land series that's usually in a hotel. He's Gold's father

PS I'm a ShiroXKuro fangirl but I didn't like ShiroXPretty long before I even liked the former pairing due to two reasons
1 Gold loves Pretty and I think he deserves her thus making ShiroXPretty look kinda like backstabbing over poor Gold
2 I'm sick of the token cute girl ends up with hero cliche
Speaking of that.. I also don't like ShiroXLilith either as much as I like Lilith

PSS But.. Racer with anyone is even worse.. That guy is a grown man and all of his friend are teens/kids
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
PS I'm a ShiroXKuro fangirl but I didn't like ShiroXPretty long before I even liked the former pairing due to two reasons
1 Gold loves Pretty and I think he deserves her thus making ShiroXPretty look kinda like backstabbing over poor Gold
2 I'm sick of the token cute girl ends up with hero cliche
Speaking of that.. I also don't like ShiroXLilith either as much as I like Lilith

Why are you focused on shipping in a series about little mutlicolored robots that blow each other up?

Better yet, if you've played all these games, why don't you gives more information on them besides which character got used where and how you feel about their voices?
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Fantasy Race
This is not part of the Land series but I noticed that one of the track Bomberman Coast Lake has a carnival at the beginning of the track and in the title screen it comfirmed that the area IS Bomberman Land
Machbom while has the biggest advantage being the fastest character in the game seems to be owned by Atlus so they had to replace him with Racer in the Kart series
Seeing as this is the last Bomberman game on the PS with a square head I wonder if this is the starting of the Land series...

Bomberman Land/64 arcade version
The music from the first game all got remixes after the first game when it hits the N64
The PS version has 40 attractions
All of the buildings are very huge in the game in comparison to the other games and Red Zone actually resembles the one shown on the cover (Said design is also on the opening of the second game but no inside the game itself)

Bomberman Kart
Starting with this game the Sony series has a hotel (One of the tracks is called Dolphin Island, the same Dolphin island as the one in the second Land game)
This game lacks a story mode
The Carnival track looks exactly like Yellow Zone

Bomberman Land 2
Then it got some of them got remix again when it hits part 2
Interesting enough this game is the longest Land game in the series as it has a 8 modes to choose from and four of them are kinda long
This is the only land game in which collecting all 125 pieces is only 50% of the entire game
This game has 80 and thus has the most amount of attractions (But you are gonna have to buy some of them at the epilogue)
The buildings now resembles little dollhouses and all of the zones is much smaller
Some of the zones also look kinda different from the first game (I have yet to reach Blue zone in the first game as I was just able to play the game today)
Red Zone: The port is smaller, some of the buildings look like forest resources, The forest area is much smaller
If I'm gonna put in the overall appearances
Red zone:Same as above but I'm gonna add that there are some dinky little victorian houses hanging around and some windmills
Blue zone: That place seems to be water paradise with all the beaches and the buildings resembling ones from an island. Bomber castle is on this zone, this zone also seems to be the hub zone because Yellow, Green and White zone are connected to this zone (You can also get to Yellow zone in the Red zone but you gotta go through Blue Zone first before you can even access that entrance)
Yellow Zone: Most of the area looks like a vegetable field, with a small portion resembling Japan
Green zone: Half of the area is a zoo, the other half is a western area (Interesting note.. this is the only game you can visit Green zone before the yellow zone though the reverse is also true since you can get the pieces to both zones in one sitting at Blue zone unlike the third game where you have to revisit Red zone after collecting some pieces in the Blue zone)
White zone: A mini market at one part, most of the area resembles a mini village. Oh and there's also white Tower. Interesting note you have to finish Blue and Red 100% to access this area (To get Blue 100% complete you need to collect all of the red piece first)
This is the first time that if you dash into a wall you will bang into it and there's a small chance you gain/lose coins this also passed into the third game

Bomberman Hardball
Like the original Kart this game also lacks a story
For some reason everyone is always wearing gears
From what I see in tennis everyone is right handed
Every single item cost 100 coins even a yellow scarf

Bomberman Land 3
On part 3 all of the music got remix AGAIN and the defeat music is gone
This is the first Bomberman Land in 3D
This is Rainbow's Land debut, it mostly looks like a desert which is very unfitting since I only see a single rainbow in the entire place
This game has 50 attractions
Mini Bomber debuts on this game but his outfit is always changing and he's a minor character
All five zones got a major redesign and is easier to navigate, but there are also a lot of NPC making the game look incredibly crowded at time (especially in Red Zone)
This is the first time you can trigger a map but I usually turn it off
Red Zone It has a carnival, a light house and a beach, now this is the hub considering that you get to Blue, Yellow and Green zone here
Blue Zone This zone is 100% beach/port
Yellow Zone Like Red zone it also has a carnival, Bomber castle is now on this zone. There are also a haunted house, a beach and a western area
Green Zone This whole place is a forest full of bugs and animals wandering around now (Sure there are animals in the second game but there were only in the zoo area). there is also a small beach
White Zone The place looks very urban now with the minimart gone now and all the fancy buildings, White Tower also seems very modern using elevators instead of stairs (One of the floor seems completely useless since all you do there is look at pictures that appears on the backing of Bomberman Battles, some of them urrgg)
Rainbow Zone The zone is 80% desert (All of the interior except for one is a desert as well), 15% beaches and 5% forest

Bomberman Land touch/Wii
The Nintendo series got altogether different musics
Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and White zone are not present in these versions instead opting for card symbols (First touch) or astrology (Second touch)
The second Touch and Wii game has 40 attractions while the first Touch has only 36
The Nintendo series are the only time you get to use someone other than Shiro in mini game mode, kinda convenient but you can't use them in the main mode (And since Racer/Baby Red is missing..They missed out on the fun)
The director and Pretty's butler are also missing in the DS versions but not permanently gone as I see them in the PSP unlike Baby Red and Racer who are truly gone
The second touch game has a bit of a dating mechanic in it

Bomberman Land PSP
The PSP is identical to the third game but two of the music are at a much slower pace
This is the only Land game in which you cannot freely navigate
This game has 50 but at times you gotta repeat some of them
For some reason the locations of the piece are all messed up (In the first three Land you do not see a yellow piece on a Red zone at all)
For some reason the entire place feels like an island
This is the only Sony Land game you cannot explore Bomber castle and White tower

PS Urrr the DS version (the second one) of the Land series does have shipping as you get these heart pieces from either Round Pink or Aqua
PSS I have to find the 4koma first before I can tell if Midori is in it
PSSS About the fact Gold love for Pink is public....
1 More than half the time when you talk to him he's talking about Round Pink
2 He sent me two mails to me saying that he hopes Pretty is thinking about him and wants her to date him
And yet no.. Shiro still tries to take Pretty anyway.. Back stabber
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 am  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
He's backstabbing Gold
He is perfectly aware Gold is in love with Pink (Gold' speeches is extremely obvious since he says all his feelings in public) yet shows no shame when Pretty kisses him even though he knows Gold wants her

*Lol!*
That's like saying that in Back to the Future, Marty McFly should have let Biff Tannen get the girl because, hey, he wants her.
I haven't played most of the Land games, but those I did play go out of their way to depict Gold as a stuck up jerk. Ergo, the antagonist.

HienFan wrote:
Bomberman Land PSP
The PSP is identical to the third game

Identical except for the features you described?

HienFan wrote:
This is the only Land game in which you cannot freely navigate
This game has 50 but at times you gotta repeat some of them
For some reason the locations of the piece are all messed up (In the first three Land you do not see a yellow piece on a Red zone at all)
For some reason the entire place feels like an island
This is the only Sony Land game you cannot explore Bomber castle and White tower

Or do these also apply to Land 3?

Last edited by Duke Serkol on Mon May 17, 2010 2:12 pm
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:41 am  Reply with quote + 
I mean the music is identical almost everything else (except for the appearances of the zones) is not identical to the third game
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah I see, just the music.

The plot (assu,ming there is one) is different though, right?
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 am  Reply with quote + 
Some of the minigame seems identical though but that's because the entire sony series has those games in the first place
And yes the plot is 100% different, the third game is just you trying to be the piece King in the PSP you are already the piece King and you are trying to get the land back to it's former glory seeing that when you first play you only get a very teeny tiny section of Red zone

In each of the series Dolphin Island also seems to change locations all the time in the second game it has it's own island but in the third game you have to step outside the hotel to get to Red zone and in the PSP it IS in the Red zone

And there's this shortcut to take you to each land (For example in the third game you wanna go to White zone but you are not willing to go through Blue Zone) in the first game you have to go to a church, the second game is the only game to lack these shortcuts, the third game requires you to use some portal near the info booth to take you back to the hotel and once inside the hotel portal you can select which zone you want to go to, in the DS series you need to talk to the Employee in the info booth and in the PSP you just press the L button and choose which zone you want to go and that's it

About the Gold and Pretty relationship. If you play the first game Pretty will ACTUALLY STEAL YOUR MONEY I was once dumb enough to talk to her in the first game and all of a sudden all of my money is gone. Ungrateful jerk.. so Pretty is also a jerk like Gold

PS I get this feeling that the reason Gold is acting a bit jerky is because he's being rejected for his looks so often that he's getting rather desperate to get attention from her. It's not like he goes around stealing Shiro's money to buy lovely things for her
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:31 am  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
I was once dumb enough to talk to her in the first game and all of a sudden all of my money is gone. Ungrateful jerk.. so Pretty is also a jerk like Gold

Eh yeah, that's Pretty for you. Just consider the ending for Neo Bomberman.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 am  Reply with quote + 
You know, considering the vastly different art style plus the different characterizations for each Bomber, I wonder if the entire Land series is set in some sort of parallel continuity to the usual Bomberman games.

I mean, what the heck is Whitey doing hanging out at a theme park with his friends when he should be out saving the galaxy from any new threats? Better yet, since when are they children? I thought Bomberman was at least old enough to get a spot on the intergalactic police force, unless they enlist kids or something.

Maybe the Bomberman Land series takes place during White's childhood or something. Then again, that certainly doesn't explain Pretty's presences. Oy, I'm driving myself nuts with this. :stun: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Interesting information, I've never played these games so it's interesting to hear about them. Also Man-Frog, I remember discussing that with Serkol and maybe someone else before. I think you're probably right, but I haven't personally played the games to see (or translated any of the original Japanese to see if the name changes are consistent) so I don't know. Although yeah, Pretty being there in Shiro's childhood and being a regular Bomberman (like in Jetters, or so it seems) is hard to explain.

One thing that just struck me as unforgettably odd... in Hardball, everything is the same price? 100 coins?
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Yup Everything from a pair of shoes to one page of the 4panel comics (only in Battles) cost 100 coins so it's best not to rely on Battle mode too often for this unless you are willing to play for hours since 1 round equals to 10 coins. I usually go on the tennis match as it's fast and one round nets you 100 coins

In the Kart DX it seems harder to control your movement and there is some sort of life gauge and some accelerator gauge to speed you up until it's empty to refill it you need a certain powerup (I think it resembles those gas tanks)

Man-Frog I believe this is an alternate universe where they are teenagers... Bagura seems to be completely absent for some reason and the remaining members of the Five Dastardly Bombers are missing. also Round Pink eyes are a different colour from Square Pink
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:35 am  Reply with quote + 
I finally reached Blue Zone in the first game. Still no Yonkoma... but there's a casino and you buy some of the piece in that area (Some of the piece are mighty expensive)

You can only change characters in the 2P mode in the Kart DX dungeon mode. Blaspemy Ao, Midori and Racer aren't playable and I usually play most of the Land related series because of him not Shiro, not Kuro (Sorry but both are very shallow in the Land series), NOT Round Pink, not Gold, not some red brat in diapers and certainly not for the director twit

PS I kinda like party games but I hate reruns especially if I don't understand the language or can only use one character so I doubt I'm gonna get a Wii just for that Land game (plus Racer is missing so boo..)

PSS It seems that only the racing series and Hardball are the only game you can use other characters so I pretty much prefer them since I'm starting to grow sick of Shiro

PSSS The yonkoma in the manual reminds me of the one in Bomberman Land 2. If only I can use PCSX2 and take a shot of those comics...
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:00 am  Reply with quote + 
Alright I've played a bit more of the first game

Blue zone in the original game looks all port like. The second game is more like a beach. The third is both a port and a beach
Green zone in the first and third game looks like a safari in the second game it looks like a zoo and a western area put together

You can use Shiro, Kuro, Pink and Gold (or rather it feels more like you are controlling Ao and Midori) in the dungeon mode in the Kart DX game

Anyways Racer is not in the original Yonkoma as I looked in Bomberman Land 3 to see all the yonkoma separated by game seems like the Japanese version of the original Kart has the yonkoma I'm looking for
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2016s
Index - Back to Top