Pokemon Black and White Versions
[Replies: 36]  [Views: 6482]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Now don't say it's racist, it's gonna be stupid, or it's gonna start of bad as G3, as A: It's more likely based on Tuxedo Colors or Yin and Yang. B: Game Freak is trying to make it better than Diamond and Pearl. And C: Compatibility with the 5 G4 games is confirmed.
Anyways, currently there are 5 Pokemon revealed so far; Zorua, Zoroark, and the 3 starters who haven't been fully revealed yet.
View user profile Send Private Message
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 am  Reply with quote + 
So I guess they couldn't think of anymore colors to choose from, huh? Certainly not anymore red/blue names anyhow. Only makes me wonder what the other sequels will use for names. I don't think names like that will work real well in the states, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.

But yeah, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I haven't been into Pokemon in probably close to 10 years, or even anything like it for that matter. I don't think this game will change anything for me. I know of a couple of people who love Pokemon though, so they'll probably be interested in it.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
I didn't like Diamond and Pearl very much, new pokémon designs were getting stupid, and from what has been seen so far from the generation, its not going to improve with the latest instalment

The adventure itself was also getting repetitive, it was team galactic last time wasn't it, utterly stupid plot

I am however, very much enjoying Heart Gold at the moment
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
I love the grass starter. He looks like Excalibur from Soul Eater xD
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Apparently Japan is just loving the games so far. Black and White are not only the fastest selling DS games period (Hit 1 million preorders about ONE MONTH AWAY FROM BEING RELEASED), but Famitsu gave them a perfect 40/40, the first ever for any Pokemon game. ALso if you look at the commercial you can see that this is not intended to be the same kiddy games you remember as they feel alot more mature now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGvlT69B8M&feature=player_embedded
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Last time I checked, Pokemon was always pretty popular in Japan. Nothing really new or surprising there.

And Famitsu seems to just give away perfect scores like hotcakes nowadays though, so does that even really mean anything anymore? Maybe like 5-10 years that may mean something, but not really anymore.

Either way, even if it did actually earn a perfect score in a gaming magazine, that won't make me anymore interested in a game. I purchase and play games based on my own interests and tastes, not based on what some reviewer thinks about it. Pokemon isn't really a taste of mine nowadays, and I doubt that'll change anytime soon. Haven't bought anything new from the franchise since Virtual Console's rerelease of Pokemon Puzzle League, and even then I don't even consider that to be a real Pokemon title.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Only 15 scores in 20 years or so is like giving them away like hotcakes? I don't think so.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 am  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Only 15 scores in 20 years or so is like giving them away like hotcakes? I don't think so.

Considering only 3 games had a perfect score as of about 10 years ago? And half of the 15 was in the past 2 and a half years? I'd say so.

Here are a couple of interesting articles you can read that are somewhat related to my point.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

Considering only 3 games had a perfect score as of about 10 years ago? And half of the 15 was in the past 2 and a half years? I'd say so.

Here are a couple of interesting articles you can read that are somewhat related to my point.

That's because that was a deliberate attempt by Konami to make sure the game sold well. Do Nintendo and game Freak REALLY look like the people who would bribe Famitsu to do the same? They do that with CoroCoro because the Japanse Blue originally sold exclusively by CoroCoro at first, but doing that with Famitsu never happens. They have CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday to promote their games, they don't need to bribe Famitsu to do the same like Konami did. Plus these is the only Pokemon games to get a 40/40 from Famitsu, and if Famitsu is indeed the problem you're saying why didn't Diamond and pearl get the same score? And why didn't HeartGold and SoulSilver get a 40/40 either?? FAIL. Besides regardless all the games that got the score deserve it anyways, even Peace Walker. And even if the magazine's perfect score helps boost sales, the games don't even need it, especially given how they surpassed 1 million copies sold nearly 2 weeks prior to the review and 1 month prior to the release of the games. Just the sales alone suggests that these games must be highly anticipated, which is 100% correct if you look at all the changes the games are bringing.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
What, where, how...?

You completely missed my point by a mile, buddy.

Mighty wrote:
That's because that was a deliberate attempt by Konami to make sure the game sold well. Do Nintendo and game Freak REALLY look like the people who would bribe Famitsu to do the same?

Thing is, anything with Hideo Kojima's name is practically guaranteed to sell well (especially Metal Gear games), so I highly doubt that this was the sole reason. I believe it's more so just good advertising and smart business on their part. But this is all beside the point.

Mighty wrote:
Besides regardless all the games that got the score deserve it anyways, even Peace Walker. And even if the magazine's perfect score helps boost sales, the games don't even need it, especially given how they surpassed 1 million copies sold nearly 2 weeks prior to the review and 1 month prior to the release of the games.

It's not about whether the games in question deserve a high score or not. That was never the point. I'm sure Pokemans White and Black would have sold just fine without a perfect score.

Rather, my point is that Famitsu's creditability is questionable at best now (with Peace Walker's case being one of best and most recent examples). Which is also what both of those articles were about.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, Peace Walker. Name me 3 others who had the same controversy, and then I'll buy it.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Look, I already made my point crystal clear in my last couple of posts. I'm not going to continue this pointless argument with you, as I have already made my point. Whether you believe it or not is a different factor, and I personally don't care if you do or not.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well whatever man, since you'll be missing out on the largest RPG on the DS handheld and one of the largest RPGs of all time. Catching 1 of every individual Pokemon and training them all to level 100 is almost a guarenteed 1,000+ hours or more. Some people have even played that long and not even have all the Pokemon.

Current statistics:
649 Pokemon, with nearly 8 billion sprites for each Pokemon (That includes regular forms, alt formes, shiny Pokemon, and obviously Spinda's near endless diversity of appearence. No 2 Spinda look identical). Also, all sprites are constantly animated.
Voice chat and also video chat for DSi users.
More emphasis on 3D Graphics to the point the games feel almost fully 3D, including new camera for the battles.
Improved story line, not just a simple 10 year old kid against a villainous team and facing 8 gyms. Now you have atleast 16 year old player characters against a villainous team that actually has good intentions and also a mysterious trainer named N who adds alot more depth to the story.
High Link allows travelling and battling with players in the OVERWORLD instead of just a small room.
Almost every bit of content until the national pokedex is brand new stuff; None of the old Pokemon until the national dex.
As mentioned above taking the time to capture 1 of every Pokemon and training each and everyone to Level 100 manually results in about 1,000+ hours of gameplay, and yet there's still more to do even after that. Battles and entering real life tournaments with the games can also add many hours to the game's lifespan. Trust me, if you're interested enough you'll be playing these games for years.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
As mentioned above taking the time to capture 1 of every Pokemon and training each and everyone to Level 100 manually results in about 1,000+ hours of gameplay

I suppose, but that really can't be called a selling point. That's just < 2 hours of gameplay repeated 500 times. A task that no normal or sane person would even consider. If such claims are ones that interest you, you might consider the Korean MMO market... lots of "hours of gameplay" (and in the strictest terms, more of a legitimate claim then this, as there's quests and story throughout, instead of end game completionism gone overboard), sure the gameplay is the suck, but you've got such a worthless claim.

If you think the game is going to be good enough to warrant so many hours of play I'd theorize you're mistaken... I've never got more then 60 hours out of a Pokemon game (gold/silver, of which none have surpassed... and it was just an improved version of the origional), and I can usually beat the main quest by 20-30 hours, so I expect something of about a 20-30 hour game span.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Like I said whatever man, as you do not realise the endless replay value like you should be. I need REASONS to acknowledge what you say. If I deem the reason not good enough I disregard and ask for another reason. Same reasons apply to all of what you say and why I have trouble acknowledging you guys properly, as none of your reasons seem to make any point to anything. I have different views of things than what most other gamers have, so I am not one to easily agree with you like that. As I said I need a good enough reason otherwise I'm ignoring what you say. Last time I listened to those kinds of reasons made by most other people I always had troubles (Final Fantasy. Even after looking up several videos and gameplay of it I still don't see it as what you're saying it is because of how the characters act. For instance Sephiroth acts as the most powerful being ever despite multiple bosses from other games surpassing him [People with the right skills can kill Sephiroth in under 1 minute yet a White Fatalis is impossible to kill in a solo match in that same ammount of time]).
Tell me what you've seen about Pokemon and then I'll tell you what I know is fact about the games for a comparison. You'd be surprised with what you don't know.
And I think I know where you're going with this. You hate Pokemon because of the Pokemon themselves being "kiddy". Well Zekrom disaproves of EVERYTHING you may think.

And so does Reshiram.

And for reasons you chose to worship some franchises here are my reasons to hate them for some of them:
Final Fantasy: Near endless amounts of titles in small amounts of time to the point they seem extremely unoriginal. You may say the same things for Pokemon but technically that is false; Only 5 pairs of versions are even considered true and each of those versions have exactly 3 years inbetween them. Anything else within that amount of time is either and expanded version with a bigger storyline and improved aspects from the 2 main versions of as of the 3rd gen remakes of whatever versions were released 2 generations ago (3rd Gen, Red and Blue remake. 4th Gen, Gold and Silver remake. 5th gen, theoretical Ruby and Sapphire remake to follow the order the 3rd gen started).
Grand Theft Auto: A: I'm not a big fan of M rated games. B: They have far too many extreme controversies (Pokemon had some too but all of those reasons mentioned for such criticism were not good enough [Cockfighting claims = People not realising the name is actually Pocket MONSTERS]). Don't even get me started about that Hot Coffee Mod.
Almost every 360 and PS3 game save for Halo and Sony's franchises and anything that uses a more unique graphical style than photorealism: Because of the HD support I cannot take critics seriously about the games because of what I've heard the same people say about HD as if it were god. What they NEED to do is write a review and play the games in 480i or lower and not 720p and higher. Without HD we can hear their honest opinions, but we can't because they worship it as god.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh so this is what this topic is about. I thought this was a bunch of fanboys talking about Pokemon and so I ignored it but it turns out it is actually a really amusing debate. Oh how I miss those on Keeper Klan :cry:  (Except this one is pointless really :P)

Lol Mighty, your last post is just... amusing in so many ways. You're just going off on all these things, your mind jumping from conclusions rapidly, and also, ignoring things isn't good for debates. It actually is making you look quite foolish, to be honest. Especially since you're admitting it, and in a rather amusing way.

I'm sorry, I sound like a bit of an ass, don't I? :P Ah well, it is just that I LOVE watching debates and arguements go back and forth, especially when they're as amusing as this. I'm not really saying anything against most of you, for that part of it. It is just that Mighty is amusing me like no other ;P

I WOULD get involved myself but... nah I'm too lazy :P (Especially since I have other work to do >.<) Oh well :P

PS: Mighty, I really have to ask you... how did Grand Theft Auto get into any of this? XD
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#17  Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
We're you even responding to me. You didn't respond to what I said at all. You mentioned some nice tidbits about game series's that I think are completely overrated, something about the games being kiddy, which no one here cares about, and soforth. Then you said nothing to substantiate your claim, other then that I was "underestimating the replay value". Here's a secret, replay value isn't normally tabulated into "gameplay hours". I can beat every level of Mario 3 in a few hours (4?), I've done it a great number of times. It does not have 100 hours of gameplay cause I've beaten it 25 times in my life, instead it has 4 hours of really good gameplay. Completionism with no new content does not more gameplay add, every game has had completionist challenges, it's not like it's anything new. I will not play this game for a thousand hours, I am not underestimating anything, it isn't good enough for that amount of time, and it will lack content for that amount of time (I've never played a game that warranted 1000 hours). It is a pokemon game, it will be a pokemon game. New and improved perhaps, but the base game is very much the same.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Jesus, Mighty...

Nobody said anything about Pokemon being childish.

Nobody said anything about Pokemon sucking compared to some other unrelated title.

Nobody said anything bad about Pokemon at all.

You're going on about all this stuff that doesn't mean anything in this discussion. What does Final Fantasy or Grand Theft Auto have anything to do with this discussion? Who cares about either one here?

All fireball said is that he fails to see how "1000+ hours of gameplay" is a selling point for a game, using his experiences and knowledge to back up his claim. All I said is that Famitsu's creditability is questionable at best, with some evidence to back up my claim. You don't agree? Fine. Just don't blow things out of proportion and putting words into people's mouths.

Again, nobody said anything about Pokemon being a crappy game or anything like that. Chill out. Ignoring what other people say and going completely overboard with something isn't going to help your cause. At all.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#19  Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:06 am  Reply with quote + 
This is just my speculation but....

It sounds like Mighty has been in so many arguments with people on other boards who are probably immature fanboys that he's lost the ability to recognize credibility in anything any board members say about games and so his responses always seem to start with disagreements and misunderstandings blown out of proportion.

If that is the case I'm sorry such people have ruined the board experience for you. Had only you came here first..... Maybe we wouldn't be arguing all the time.

As for Pokemon I probably won't be getting it since my interest in the series has waned over the years. I did love Red, Blue and even Yellow but by Sapphire I had about enough of it.

I also don't play my DS much other then some gaming at work on my breaks.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:08 am  Reply with quote + 
Still waiting for a reason. Listen, I have my own interests far different from what everyone else believes. You giving me reasons to like what you guys are interested is why I'm like the way I am because you disregard my reasons as well for no reason what so ever. So basically right now we're both even.
Edit: And Reg what's with the creepy avatar? o-o
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2346s
Index - Back to Top