Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Blaster Master: Overdrive
[Replies: 0]  [Views: 719]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
The recently revived Sunsoft has brought those of you who have a Wii a new Blaster Master game in the US of A today via WiiWare.

From what I understand, it's sort of a "re-imagined" version of the first game. You're now a dude named Alex, apparently a world-renowned biologist, in a world which has been infected with a virus. This virus causes all the animals to mutate and turn violent and all of the humans who are infected with the virus are in a sleep-like state, with no known means of waking them. With his family in this coma state, Alex puts on a suit of armor and sets out in his advanced tank, S.O.P.H.I.A., to save his family and the rest of humanity from this virus, or die trying.

Eh, the story isn't as awesomely ridiculous like the original material, but I can understand why they'd change it for these modern times (in the original game, you played as a boy who chases his pet frog (whom ate some radioactive waste in his backyard, btw) down a hole, finds the tank S.O.P.H.I.A. and armor, and travels this massive world underground full of mutants and machines).

I haven't played too much of it yet, but other then the rather weird controls (you are forced to use the Wiimote, and you hold it sideways like Super Paper Mario and the like) and the difficulty, it looks rather promising for those of you whom played any of the Blaster Master games or even those of you who are just interested in the title. It's not exactly like the original material, but who ever said that that's a bad thing? And it's only 10 bucks anyway.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1605s
Index - Back to Top