Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Is capture the flag here?
[Replies: 7]  [Views: 2184]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

chris_h
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:58 am  Reply with quote + 
I have been dreaming of a Bomberman game with a huge multiplayer level and a capture the flag mode for years.

Has it finally arrived?

http://www.destructoid.com/bomberman-live-battlefest-announced-for-xbla-psn-wiiware-147164.phtml

I found a decent video trailer: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/19/bomberman-live-battlefest-trailer-is-unexpectedly-funky/

Looks pretty cool.

I have not bought a new system or any games since the N64. Can someone tell me what WiiWare, XBox live, and the playstation thing is about? Does the Live,Ware thing mean that I cannot just buy the disk and play on a friends console? Is it like the Sega Channel from the old days, and only available by this Sega Channel thing? If so, that sucks.
View user profile Send Private Message
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:11 am  Reply with quote + 
Well for WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade, and PlayStation Network, all those games released by those means are download only. Most of the times games are simply small in size or not as large as normal games, they're also available at a lower price as well. And as for that Sega Channel, I don't think that's even around any more. Sega's Dreamcast Consoles got completely anihilated by the PS2 to the point Sega decided to stop making consoles and focus more on games instead.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:56 am  Reply with quote + 
I cannot speak for the Live service, but here's what I know.

General - If you buy from the Wii Shop (or whatever its called now), Live, or PSN stores, it's all download base. That much I can tell you. Wii and Live also have a points system that they use for currency that's used in their shops while PSN uses real currency. Points can be earned either by buying points directly from the Wii/Live online stores or from buying "Point cards" that can be used to exchange that set amount of points onto your console (obviously, it can only be used once). You also cannot refund your purchases either, so if you didn't like a game or whatever you bought, you just wasted money for nothing. But you can delete it and then be able to download it on your console again as much as you want afterward!

PlayStation Network - There are three types of games available through this service; PS3 games (which aren't necessarily exclusive to that platform), PSP games (as of late, either exclusive to the shop or you can buy certain PSP games you could also get on hard copy through PSN store), and PS1 Classics which can be played on either PS3 or PSP. You can, technically speaking, exchange games and such. You can have up to 5 consoles download any item you have purchased. All you'd have to do is use you're log-in information on another PS3 (I haven't tested it on PSP, but I believe it works on that as well) to sign in and then just download it. This can only be done on 5 different consoles though. PSN may also offer add-ons, or additional features, for your hard games that can be downloaded to your console and have new things to experience in your games. My problem is, all of their "products" can vary in price (with the most expensive I've seen being 30 US dollars, which is ridiculous for getting just a game stuck in your console).

Wii Shop - Similar to PSN, there are as of now three types of games you can buy using their "Wii Points" (or whatever it's called now) system, similar to Live's point system. You can download games for Wii (again, not necessarily all exclusive), DSi games (can ONLY be played using the DSi, other DSs won't work), and then there's the large Virtual Console library (has a very large variety of consoles, and not just Nintendo's either, you can also play Sega Master System and Genesis/Mega Drive games, TurboGrafx/PC Engine games, arcade games, and others (Japan has MSX, but not over in the States) that can be played on your Wii system). I don't download from this shop much cuz I'm on my PS3 far more often nowadays, but I know you can send games as gifts (you have to buy it as a gift though, even if you already bought the game yourself). My main complaint about this service is the currency system. You can only buy Wii Points in certain increments (for example, if you wanted to buy exactly 1500 points, you would have to do either three purchases of 500 points or something like that). It's not bad though, offers some pretty cool games and really the main reason I go on is to check their Virtual Console library, I hardly ever bother with DLC based games.

Hopefully, this answers your questions.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:42 am  Reply with quote + 
That sounds pretty cool. The capture the flag and protect the VIP modes are nice sounding additions and more custom parts are always good. Not sure If I'd get it anyway though. I haven't bought a Bomberman game in ages. Last one I bought was Jetters and I was pretty disappointed with it. Nothing has been able to compare to the story modes of the N64 games yet. However I haven't bought a new, up to date Multiplayer Bomberman game in ages so it might still be nice, but I really just wanna see a Bomberman game with an awesome story mode again.
Midi
Bombertrainee

Post#5  Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I could make a CTF mode if you want. I've also thought the idea of that would be great. Since I've already got a good Bomberman engine done, I could just make the multiplayer modes and then put it up here.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Midi wrote:
I could make a CTF mode if you want. I've also thought the idea of that would be great. Since I've already got a good Bomberman engine done, I could just make the multiplayer modes and then put it up here.

That would be great.

Have you played ti-83 (calculator) bomberman? This bomberman, on such weak hardware, is one of the best versions that I have ever played. In ti-83 bomberman, the bombs take a a bit longer time to explode, which is great because it makes it more of a thinking game and there is time to surround the opponent with bombs. Also, there are arrows (an item), which you shot. Arrows move the exactly the same speed as the bombermen, and once hit, they stun the character for just long enough that you can surround him with 4 bombs if you are skilled and close enough.

I would love to see thee ti-83 bomberman speed and items with 8 players and capture the flag. I would like to see gameplay sophisticated to the extent that the best teams would run coordinated plays to overcome the opponents defense.

Are you going to use squirrel characters?
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Any new news on Bomberman Live: Battlefest? I am a bit concerned that I have not heard anything in a while.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Eh, you haven't been waiting for game releases any time recently, when they say sometime in 2010 what they really mean is "perhaps 2010, perhaps 2012". I wouldn't worry about it tell it's out the door. Honestly though you probably won't hear more news tell they give a solid release date, and even then you probably won't hear much tell about a week before that release date that's given.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1517s
Index - Back to Top