Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#21  Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Yeah, I have thought about converting some of the Jetters and/or B-daman Bakugaiden episodes to DPG format to watch on my DS but that will take a while. I need to get an 8gb card first though. New card I grabbed supports at least 8 gb, not sure about 16 gb. Would be nice though. The DS watching wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I sat through the entire The Day The Earth Stood Still (original) using it and my battery did not even get sucked dry, despite using the flashrom card to load it off the microsd in Moonshell. Of course, I happen to enjoy that movie quite a lot. Translated fansubs of Jetters might pose a problem in the font size available on screen. Oh well. Let us know how your experiment turns out, Mighty. Ideally I could wait until I get some other digital device or a laptop/netbook with a bigger screen. The new bigger screen DSi looks interesting, but even 5" or whatever might not cut it. Anyone have experience with fansubbed anime watching on small screens?

True, but a PSP screen is alot bigger than a DS screen. By the way, is a PSP screen have HD or something? Everytime I look at the PSP 3000 modle, the screen just makes me think of one of those big screen TVs with real sharp images, similar to my new computer monitor.
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#22  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 am  Reply with quote + 
If none of the games the other users suggested interested you, then I'd have to say that you shouldn't worry about getting a PSP period.

While its true that it can play media files and what not, in the end its still a gaming system, there are cheaper alternatives for the other media features.

The only games I could suggest is the PSX Crash Bandicoot series, Breath of Fire 3 ports, and the Final Fantasy 1 or 2 remake. Tales of Phantasia may also interest you.

But keep in mind, I only played the Crash games on PSX and the GBA and SNES version of the latter two games respectively; I never played BoF3 at all. I do not own a PSP, so I can't comment on the ports.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#23  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Yeah, I have thought about converting some of the Jetters and/or B-daman Bakugaiden episodes to DPG format to watch on my DS but that will take a while. I need to get an 8gb card first though. New card I grabbed supports at least 8 gb, not sure about 16 gb. Would be nice though. The DS watching wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I sat through the entire The Day The Earth Stood Still (original) using it and my battery did not even get sucked dry, despite using the flashrom card to load it off the microsd in Moonshell. Of course, I happen to enjoy that movie quite a lot. Translated fansubs of Jetters might pose a problem in the font size available on screen. Oh well. Let us know how your experiment turns out, Mighty. Ideally I could wait until I get some other digital device or a laptop/netbook with a bigger screen. The new bigger screen DSi looks interesting, but even 5" or whatever might not cut it. Anyone have experience with fansubbed anime watching on small screens?

Considering how big those PSP screens are, it may be possible to read the subtitles on it. And how can you watch movies on a regular DS???
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#24  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 am  Reply with quote + 
AoBman05 wrote:
I never played BoF3 at all. I do not own a PSP, so I can't comment on the ports.

You need to get on that man. BoF3 is an awesome game. If you liekd the first 2 you'll definitely like that one as well. There's a great cast with a pretty good story and dialougue.

I didnt even know there was a BoF3 port for PSP. That's pretty awesome. Don't think I really need it though, my PS1 copy is good enough for me.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#25  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
AoBman05 wrote:
I never played BoF3 at all. I do not own a PSP, so I can't comment on the ports.

You need to get on that man. BoF3 is an awesome game. If you liekd the first 2 you'll definitely like that one as well. There's a great cast with a pretty good story and dialougue.

I didnt even know there was a BoF3 port for PSP. That's pretty awesome. Don't think I really need it though, my PS1 copy is good enough for me.

I just checked the PSN store, and I didn't see Breath of Fire in the PS1 game line-up. Maybe it's out in Japan though, they do have many more PS1 games in Japan then we do. Or maybe even Europe, I dunno. But it's not in the US as of right now.

I also decided to Wiki that, only out of curiosity, and this is what it said.

Wikipedia wrote:
On August 25, 2005, Breath of Fire III was ported to the PlayStation Portable handheld system in Japan. This version, though largely similar to its original release, contained a new title logo graphic, as well as support for the PSP's native 16:9 widescreen display. An expanded version of the fishing minigame found in the original release was included as a bonus game accessible from the title screen, which could be freely given to a friend using the PlayStation Portable's GameShare feature. The Japanese version was bundled with a special full-color fishing guidebook featuring new artwork by Tatsuya Yoshikawa. A limited English version was released in certain European areas on February 10, 2006 which used the original translation. The North American version was not released due to a rejection by SCEA.

As you can see, the remake didn't see a release out in North America. Rather unfortunate really, looked like an amazing game too (once you got passed some of the more annoying aspects of the game lol).

And apparently the fishing minigame is quite big over in Japan. I seem to remember it being really dumb from what I saw. lol

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#26  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you have a PS1 copy of the disc available and the makings for homebrew/emu/rom play on the PSP then you could convert the PS1 game to the PSP format I guess. I know I see lots of downloads for this sort of thing (converted PS1 titles) and my brother-in-law converted a couple of his disc games to play on his PSP, but which games don't work as well on the PSP like this is unknown to me completely.

@Mighty I don't know of any way you can do it on a "regular" DS. I use Moonshell on both of my flashrom carts, so it's not off the shelf support. You have to convert the video files to the DPG format as well or find them in that form. Not converted anything yet though I have the apps waiting at home to do so. I am looking forward to seeing the bigger DSi screen in person to decide if I want to buy that model instead of the normal DSi. Really want one for use with the new Korg DS-10 Plus app, as it has support for some things on the DSi that you cannot do on the DS. Two voices at the same time for example. I really like the DS homebrew music apps though. <3
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well depending on the prices for PSone games (like if they were $5-$10 each), I'd probably get around 4-5 PSone games. Those being the 3 Spyro games, Jurassic Park Warpath (when it gets released), and I might get Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko as well. But how much are the PS classics? None of the sites I go to tell me the price for those downloads.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#28  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have no idea what the prices are. I am only talking about taking the actual disc that was sold years ago and converting it to a PSP-runnable image. I still have lots of PS1 games. lol Don't have a PSP or a PS3 so not been broken in on downloading Sony content yet.
Bomberman

Post#29  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
So how is it people convert PSone games into PSP games like you're saying?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:

Illegitimate/irregular/unofficial means, I would assume based on what he said.

Mighty wrote:
But how much are the PS classics? None of the sites I go to tell me the price for those downloads.

Checking the prices for PS1 games on the US PlayStation Store via the PS3/PSP, they are all either $6.99 or $9.99. The $9.99 all seem to tie in with arguably the PS1's best games (Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and Final Fantasy Tactics would fit under this category), while most of the other games are $6.99.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

Illegitimate/irregular/unofficial means, I would assume based on what he said.

Mighty wrote:
But how much are the PS classics? None of the sites I go to tell me the price for those downloads.

Checking the prices for PS1 games on the US PlayStation Store via the PS3/PSP, they are all either $6.99 or $9.99. The $9.99 all seem to tie in with arguably the PS1's best games (Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and Final Fantasy Tactics would fit under this category), while most of the other games are $6.99.

Phew. That's good to hear. Now I know I can get all 3 Spyro the Dragon games. But just to make sure I'm satisified, I'll buy the first game first, beat it, then after that I'll buy the other 2.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2051s
Index - Back to Top