[Replies: 30]  [Views: 5443]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm planning on getting a PSP for Christmas this year. There's only one thin I want to ask, what game should I get? This is why I hesitated on getting one earlier (that and it was too expensive at the time). Since Nintendo keeps all their games on their own systems, I knew I wouldn't be able to rely on them for quality games on the PSP. So far I've decided on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, basically the only game that interests me. My mom said it wouldn't be enough and I should consider getting some other game with it, but I don't know what other game to get. I need atleast 3 games to in order to keep me interested in this system. As I already mentioned, I decided on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and since I originally intended to get a PS1, I'm also getting the download for Spyro the Dragon, but I need another game to get. So any ideas?
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:12 am  Reply with quote + 
If you're interested in Tactical RPGs I'd recommend "Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions" which is an improved remake of the original Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1.

There's also the handheld remake "Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness", which was another awesome tactical RPG for the PS2.

Both games are very fun to play and have great soundtracks. Disgaea has an incredibly funny storyline with lots of great voice acting. Those are two of the games I have and they are probably my 2 favorite games for PSP so far. If you're not into RPGs much I can't recommend much else since that's the main thing I play on PSP.

The only other PSP games I have are "Riviera: The Promised Land", a remake of a GBA RPG which is okay. I haven't played it a significant amount yet to recommend it.

Then there's "Prinny: Can I really be the Hero?" which is a platform/action game made by the creators of Disgaea. It's a fuuny game but it can get incredibly difficult. So if you think you'd like a challenging action platform game with a comedic overtone you might consider that one.

The only other game I have is "Fate/Tiger Coliseum" Which is a game imported from japan. it's a cutesy fighting game in the style of Power Stone. I haven't played it a whole lot. I just bought it cause I'm a huge fan of the "Fate/Stay Night" anime.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:05 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm not big on PSP games, but Valkyria Chronicles is having a sequel on the PSP at some point in time, and I have to to promote anything in that series :P
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:28 am  Reply with quote + 
I really love Valkyria Chronicles but I am rather disappointed that they decided to release its sequel on PSP rather then PS3. I'll probably still get it anyway but I'm afraid it won't be as good.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, a PS3 release would've likely made me happier, but I won't complain either way. My hopes are pretty high either way, as I always tend to expect great things from teams with histories of good games that stand out. Perhaps I'm just crazy to expect it to be as good though.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you like platformers, then I'd recommend Castlevania: the Dracula X Chronicles. It's a pretty good remake of the Japan only TurboGraphix/PC Engine game, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, which is often considered to be the "holy grail" of the classic platform style games by fans. It also has the original Rondo of Blood and a somewhat expanded version of Symphony of the Night (with arguably better dialogue) as unlockable games for it. I would also recommend Mega Man: Powered Up and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X if you like the Mega Man games. They're enhanced remakes of the first Mega Man and Mega Man X games, respectively.

As a Metal Gear fan, I would also recommend Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. It's a fun game that revolves around stealth and sneaking past your enemies. While you can go and just play it guns a-blazing, it's usually not a good idea and it's more so encouraged to just avoid enemy contact. The twist in this game is that you can recruit different people to join you and your cause. With that in mind, you can make up to four teams of four to sneak around the different areas in. It also has a pretty good plot and good cutscenes (for a handheld game), although it's loosely connected to another game in the series, it's not enough to make you not know what's going on in terms of plot. Avoid Plus though if you do decide to get this one, though. The story's gone and it has much more emphasis on the multiplayer aspects of the games. And, although not for a little while, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is also looking to be a promising game that plays more like a traditional Metal Gear game (you're completely alone, you have to find weapons/items within the area, etc,) then the other PSP installments.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is another strong recommendation from me, it's one of the few games on my PSP that I frequently go back and play just for a few random battles and such. Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness is also awesome if you like tactical RPGs.

Patapon's also pretty cool if you're into rhythm games. It's a cute game that revolves around you controlling a tribe of creatures called Patapons and you get to fight monsters and such based on pressing the right buttons and keeping up a good rhythm. It's kind of weird to play at first, but it's fun if you give a good shot.

EDIT: If you want more PS1 games, I'd recommend Metal Gear Solid (if applicable for where you live), as it is definitely one of the best PS1 games ever made. It's got a very good plot, complete with unique, interesting, and mostly likable characters and good plot twists, and it's got unique gameplay (compared to other PS1 games).

Also , if you don't want to get Dracula X Chronicles, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is also a fantastic PS1 game, albeit with some laughable dialogue ("What is a man? Just a miserable little pile of secrets!").

Again, if you don't want to get War of the Lions, Final Fantasy Tactics is a good game as well, although FFT:WoL is arguably better as it has more content.

Resident Evil: Director's Cut is also a fun game (with some scares, of course), although it requires more thinking and avoiding enemies then action. It's also got some cheesy and laughable dialogue ("You were almost a Jill sandwich!", "Take this lockpick. It may be handy if you, the Master of Unlocking, take it with you." being perhaps two of the best and most parodied pieces of dialogue).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well none of those games you mentioned really interest me. But I want to know something, is Daxter any good? I've seen videos and screenshots for it and was impressed, but I want to hear what you guys think.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
After reading you're response, there are a number of questions I'd like to spring up. But I'll do you a favor and I'll just ask what I feel is the biggest/most important ones to ask.

Have you done research for this console?

What I mean by research is exactly what it sounds like. Did you check out what kind of games the PSP has to offer? What features it has to offer? Does any of it sound appealing to you? If you haven't, I'd strongly advise doing so. This is an entirely new console to you, you should know what is on it that you're interested in, and this really only helps you figure out whether or not it's a console worth getting.

But my biggest question is this. What exactly do you want a PSP for?

I'm only asking you this since you shot down arguably some of the best games that the PSP has to offer seemingly without as much as a second thought (not saying you have). And it seems like you're only interested in one-two games for it, even though it already has amassed quite a library of games since the PSP was first introduced. And, to be completely honest, I find the thought of getting a system that over four years old for only two games to be really baffling. You see, whenever I want to get a console, it's always one of the following situations:

1) There are a good number of games in the console's library that I'm interested in.

2) There are a few games in the console's library that I know I'll be able to play and enjoy for a long time.

3) There are games in the console's library that are sequels to franchises I like and/or there are game's in the console's library that I've read/heard are similar to other games I like.

4) It's from a company that I've grown to like over time (Sega, Nintendo, and Sony are examples in my case).

5) Obviously any mixture of the above.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not criticizing you or anything. I'm also not saying that getting a PSP in your case would be a grave mistake. The whole reason I'm asking this is to give you some insight on whether or not getting this console would be worth it to you.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
After reading you're response, there are a number of questions I'd like to spring up. But I'll do you a favor and I'll just ask what I feel is the biggest/most important ones to ask.

Have you done research for this console?

What I mean by research is exactly what it sounds like. Did you check out what kind of games the PSP has to offer? What features it has to offer? Does any of it sound appealing to you? If you haven't, I'd strongly advise doing so. This is an entirely new console to you, you should know what is on it that you're interested in, and this really only helps you figure out whether or not it's a console worth getting.

But my biggest question is this. What exactly do you want a PSP for?

I'm only asking you this since you shot down arguably some of the best games that the PSP has to offer seemingly without as much as a second thought (not saying you have). And it seems like you're only interested in one-two games for it, even though it already has amassed quite a library of games since the PSP was first introduced. And, to be completely honest, I find the thought of getting a system that over four years old for only two games to be really baffling. You see, whenever I want to get a console, it's always one of the following situations:

1) There are a good number of games in the console's library that I'm interested in.

2) There are a few games in the console's library that I know I'll be able to play and enjoy for a long time.

3) There are games in the console's library that are sequels to franchises I like and/or there are game's in the console's library that I've read/heard are similar to other games I like.

4) It's from a company that I've grown to like over time (Sega, Nintendo, and Sony are examples in my case).

5) Obviously any mixture of the above.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not criticizing you or anything. I'm also not saying that getting a PSP in your case would be a grave mistake. The whole reason I'm asking this is to give you some insight on whether or not getting this console would be worth it to you.

Well the sheer size of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite basically makes up for me not being interested in very many games on the system, since it'll keep me going for a very long time. But still, is Daxter a good choice? If it is, I might also get an other games in the Jak and Daaxter series if the get released on PSP.
Edit: Hey, would it be possible to find Bomberman Jetters videos and download them to PSP?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
blah blah blah my big blob of text

Well the sheer size of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite basically makes up for me not being interested in very many games on the system, since it'll keep me going for a very long time. But still, is Daxter a good choice? If it is, I might also get an other games in the Jak and Daaxter series if the get released on PSP.
Edit: Hey, would it be possible to find Bomberman Jetters videos and download them to PSP?

Seeing as I've never played any of the Jak and Daxter games, I wouldn't know and can't help you out there. But honestly, I say if you're interested in something, then try it and see where things go from there.

As for Bomberman Jetterz on PSP, if you got a big enough memory stick (which is something you're going to need for a PSP), you can watch videos on the PSP (I forgot what format(s) it supports, though). I can't give you names of specific sites you can download from, as I do not download anime. However, I'm sure if you took your time on Google, you'll be able to find them. You know what they say, "You can find just about anything on the Internet."

And of course, there's always Youtube...

Recent stuff I'm into:

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:58 am  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
blah blah blah my big blob of text

Seeing as I've never played any of the Jak and Daxter games, I wouldn't know and can't help you out there. But honestly, I say if you're interested in something, then try it and see where things go from there.

As for Bomberman Jetterz on PSP, if you got a big enough memory stick (which is something you're going to need for a PSP), you can watch videos on the PSP (I forgot what format(s) it supports, though). I can't give you names of specific sites you can download from, as I do not download anime. However, I'm sure if you took your time on Google, you'll be able to find them. You know what they say, "You can find just about anything on the Internet."

And of course, there's always Youtube...

How big would the Memory Stick have to be to download all 52 episodes?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:47 am  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Well none of those games you mentioned really interest me.

:(

Mighty wrote:

My Bomberman Jetters folder ranks in at 7.7 GB so you'd probably want a 10 GB. Do they even make those? I think my memory stick is 1 or 2 GB. It also depends what video formats the PSP supports it may be more or less.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

This made my day. XD

Regulus 777 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

My Bomberman Jetters folder ranks in at 7.7 GB so you'd probably want a 10 GB. Do they even make those? I think my memory stick is 1 or 2 GB. It also depends what video formats the PSP supports it may be more or less.

And that's why I don't download anime. lol

But, half-joking aside, if you're looking at GameStop's website (assuming you live in the US), you can see they make ones up to at least 16 GB, but you can also see that one is almost 100 bucks. Now, if you were using that with the sole intent of games and such, I'd say that's totally worth it if you can get that kind of money spent (seeing, in the end, that would be much cheaper then getting that many GB for a bunch of them). But if you plan on getting ALL of Jetterz on it, that knocks it down to a little less then 9 GB of free space (which is still a very nice amount of space), which could be used for games/save data/other stuff.

OR you could get an 8GB with the sole intent of leaving that for Jetterz and another Memory Stick for games and/or other features. The problem with this is that you'd have to swap memory sticks out whenever you'd want to watch Jetterz or to play games. I don't find the idea so bad itself, but the things are rather small and, if you're not careful about it, can be pretty easy to lose.

OR you could get a decently sized memory stick (4, 2 and even 1 GB work) and swap episodes out of Jetterz whenever you see fit. The problem with this is that you would need to swap out episodes of Jetterz constantly (or you could just have your favorite episodes on it) and that you also need a USB 2.0 (I think that's what it's called) cable to connect to your computer (or PS3).

Honestly, it'd probably be better off if you just got a decent sized memory stick (like 1 or 2 GB is fine, at least to start off). I've had my PSP (with a 1 GB memory stick) for a couple of years now, have 6 PSP game discs, 1 PSX game on it, a PSP demo, save data for all of them and one additional PSX game save, and 6 images for wallpapers; and I still have 408 MB (which isn't bad, but not great either, a little less then half a GB if I recall correctly). I don't have videos or music on it, but I hardly ever use those functions on my PSP anyway. But I remember watching a PS3 game trailer on my PSP, and I think the quality was okay (although my memory's a bit fuzzy on that so I'm not 100% certain on that one).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

This made my day. XD

Regulus 777 wrote:
Mighty wrote:

And that's why I don't download anime. lol

But, half-joking aside, if you're looking at GameStop's website (assuming you live in the US), you can see they make ones up to at least 16 GB, but you can also see that one is almost 100 bucks. Now, if you were using that with the sole intent of games and such, I'd say that's totally worth it if you can get that kind of money spent (seeing, in the end, that would be much cheaper then getting that many GB for a bunch of them). But if you plan on getting ALL of Jetterz on it, that knocks it down to a little less then 9 GB of free space (which is still a very nice amount of space), which could be used for games/save data/other stuff.

OR you could get an 8GB with the sole intent of leaving that for Jetterz and another Memory Stick for games and/or other features. The problem with this is that you'd have to swap memory sticks out whenever you'd want to watch Jetterz or to play games. I don't find the idea so bad itself, but the things are rather small and, if you're not careful about it, can be pretty easy to lose.

OR you could get a decently sized memory stick (4, 2 and even 1 GB work) and swap episodes out of Jetterz whenever you see fit. The problem with this is that you would need to swap out episodes of Jetterz constantly (or you could just have your favorite episodes on it) and that you also need a USB 2.0 (I think that's what it's called) cable to connect to your computer (or PS3).

Honestly, it'd probably be better off if you just got a decent sized memory stick (like 1 or 2 GB is fine, at least to start off). I've had my PSP (with a 1 GB memory stick) for a couple of years now, have 6 PSP game discs, 1 PSX game on it, a PSP demo, save data for all of them and one additional PSX game save, and 6 images for wallpapers; and I still have 408 MB (which isn't bad, but not great either, a little less then half a GB if I recall correctly). I don't have videos or music on it, but I hardly ever use those functions on my PSP anyway. But I remember watching a PS3 game trailer on my PSP, and I think the quality was okay (although my memory's a bit fuzzy on that so I'm not 100% certain on that one).

Normally, I actually would get a 1 GB Memory Stick. But considering how Monster Hunter Freedom Unite will take up more than half of that, I find it easier to get a 4 GB Memory Stick now. If your asking about how one game can take up so much space, let me explain. From what I hear, there's a feature in the game which can copy all the files in the disc to the Memory Stick, taking up around 500 something MB. The process takes about 14 minutes to do. The reason for wanting to do this is that load times get reduced DRAMATICALLY!! From around 27 seconds for load times, to a mere 2-3 seconds for load times! A since I'm also need space for save files for games and for the Spyro the Dragon download I also intend to get, I'll need way more than 1 GB to fit everything. So that's why I plan to atleast get a 4 GB Memory Stick, and I'll most likely end up saving up extra Christmas money and my Birthday money for a 16 GB memory stick. One other thing I want to know (something I should've asked earlier). Would we be able to read the subtitles on a PSP screen? I'm kind of worried about this since I don't think the screen is big enough, though you got to admit, that's one wide screen.
Edit: I found an awesome deal for a 16 GB memory stick, but is this kind compatible with a PSP 3000?
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-16GB-MemoryStick-PRO-Mark2/dp/B0013AX2HO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256685044&sr=8-6

Last edited by Mighty on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:13 pm
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Another big blob of text of mine.

Normally, I actually would get a 1 GB Memory Stick. But considering how Monster Hunter Freedom Unite will take up more than half of that, I find it easier to get a 4 GB Memory Stick now. If your asking about how one game can take up so much space, let me explain. From what I hear, there's a feature in the game which can copy all the files in the disc to the Memory Stick, taking up around 500 something MB. The process takes about 14 minutes to do. The reason for wanting to do this is that load times get reduced DRAMATICALLY!! From around 27 seconds for load times, to a mere 2-3 seconds for load times! A since I'm also need space for save files for games and for the Spyro the Dragon download I also intend to get, I'll need way more than 1 GB to fit everything. So that's why I plan to atleast get a 4 GB Memory Stick, and I'll most likely end up saving up extra Christmas money and my Birthday money for a 16 GB memory stick.

Wow, really? In a portable game? I've seen this kind of thing from my PS3 (most of my PS3 games (understandingly) require this, but it does dramatically reduce load times), but we're already seeing this kind of feature on portable consoles? That's absolutely insane...

I guess you would need something a bit bigger then 1 GB in that case...

Recent stuff I'm into:

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Mighty wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Another big blob of text of mine.

Normally, I actually would get a 1 GB Memory Stick. But considering how Monster Hunter Freedom Unite will take up more than half of that, I find it easier to get a 4 GB Memory Stick now. If your asking about how one game can take up so much space, let me explain. From what I hear, there's a feature in the game which can copy all the files in the disc to the Memory Stick, taking up around 500 something MB. The process takes about 14 minutes to do. The reason for wanting to do this is that load times get reduced DRAMATICALLY!! From around 27 seconds for load times, to a mere 2-3 seconds for load times! A since I'm also need space for save files for games and for the Spyro the Dragon download I also intend to get, I'll need way more than 1 GB to fit everything. So that's why I plan to atleast get a 4 GB Memory Stick, and I'll most likely end up saving up extra Christmas money and my Birthday money for a 16 GB memory stick.

Wow, really? In a portable game? I've seen this kind of thing from my PS3 (most of my PS3 games (understandingly) require this, but it does dramatically reduce load times), but we're already seeing this kind of feature on portable consoles? That's absolutely insane...

I guess you would need something a bit bigger then 1 GB in that case...

I know, awesome feature isn't it? But still, is a PSP screen big enough to be able to read the subtitles?
Edit: Here's what I intend to get so far.
PSP 3000 $169.00
16 GB Memory Stick $55.95 (I was lucky I found that good deal on Amazon.com)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite $29.82
Daxter $14.82
$50 PlayStation Network Card
PSP USB Cable $7.88

All that apparently adds up to $327.47. In a way it's practically the same thing as getting a PS3, but everything else indivually wasn't nearly as expensive.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Do you really need a 16GB memory stick? Or, do you really need the entire series all at once on the stick? I mean, my Xbox has an 8GB hard drive, but I wouldn't throw an entire series onto it, simply because it takes up a lot of space and it's not like I'd watch the entire thing in a very short space of time. Unless you're going to plough through episodes at, like, eight a day or something ridiculous, I think just putting a few episodes on at a time would make more sense - the .ogg versions of Jetters I have are only 70 to 80mb each, so you could theoretrically stick half the series on a 2GB memory stick (though I don't know if the PSP can read .ogg, it probably needs converted to something else which I guess would be twice the size).
And judging from Amazon.com, the 2GB memory sticks are only about $5.50, so even if you got two or three of them it'd definitely be saving a lot in comparison to the 16GB memory stick that sounds like, after you'd watched Jetters, wouldn't get a lot of action afterwards. Then again I'm pretty clueless about the PSP, so I'm probably talking nonsense.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:16 am  Reply with quote + 
As for your question on reading subtitles on a PSP. i've never watched any anime on PSP but I could assume subtitles should still be readable if you have good quality video files that won't get too pixelated. You can figure if you can read the text displayed in an RPG when a character talks on the PSP you should also be able to read subtitles which should be about the same size text. It also depends on whether the PSP will compress the screen or anything. Thats all stuff I'm not sure of, but overall i think if you have the right kind of files it should definitely be possible to do.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Ragey wrote:
Do you really need a 16GB memory stick? Or, do you really need the entire series all at once on the stick? I mean, my Xbox has an 8GB hard drive, but I wouldn't throw an entire series onto it, simply because it takes up a lot of space and it's not like I'd watch the entire thing in a very short space of time. Unless you're going to plough through episodes at, like, eight a day or something ridiculous, I think just putting a few episodes on at a time would make more sense - the .ogg versions of Jetters I have are only 70 to 80mb each, so you could theoretrically stick half the series on a 2GB memory stick (though I don't know if the PSP can read .ogg, it probably needs converted to something else which I guess would be twice the size).
And judging from Amazon.com, the 2GB memory sticks are only about $5.50, so even if you got two or three of them it'd definitely be saving a lot in comparison to the 16GB memory stick that sounds like, after you'd watched Jetters, wouldn't get a lot of action afterwards. Then again I'm pretty clueless about the PSP, so I'm probably talking nonsense.

While it may be less expensive to get eight seperate 2 GB memory sticks, it'll be alot easier to keep track of a 16 GB memory stick, as I can easily lose a few 2 GB memory sticks, while I can easily never remove a 16 GB memory stick from the PSP in order to keep track of it. That and my Mom might say I only need 1 individual memory stick, so I'm going to be going with a 16 GB memory stick. And I'm deciding to download all the episodes for when I go on vacation next year, since I won't have any internet there. That and it takes like 4 hours to get there, and I'll need something to keep me occupied other than games (though I might be spending that time trying to get Ucanlos Armor on MHFU).
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I have thought about converting some of the Jetters and/or B-daman Bakugaiden episodes to DPG format to watch on my DS but that will take a while. I need to get an 8gb card first though. New card I grabbed supports at least 8 gb, not sure about 16 gb. Would be nice though. The DS watching wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I sat through the entire The Day The Earth Stood Still (original) using it and my battery did not even get sucked dry, despite using the flashrom card to load it off the microsd in Moonshell. Of course, I happen to enjoy that movie quite a lot. Translated fansubs of Jetters might pose a problem in the font size available on screen. Oh well. Let us know how your experiment turns out, Mighty. Ideally I could wait until I get some other digital device or a laptop/netbook with a bigger screen. The new bigger screen DSi looks interesting, but even 5" or whatever might not cut it. Anyone have experience with fansubbed anime watching on small screens?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2710s
Index - Back to Top