Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Sentai Bombermen PSP
[Replies: 13]  [Views: 3171]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay, first of all. What. The. Expletive Deleted.

screenshot 1
screenshot 2: http://www.juegomania.org/Bomberman+Bakufuu+Sentai+Bombermen+(Japon%E9s)/foto/psp/0/303/303_t.jpg/Foto+Bomberman+Bakufuu+Sentai+Bombermen+(Japon%E9s).jpg
(Copy and Paste)

Firstly, what. Secondly, why. Thirdly, how is it that those two screenshots look nothing alike other than the status display?

I don't recall anyone ever mentioning this before. If anyone can make any more sense out of this than me, please do so.

Also, on a side note, why is it that there seems to be no information anywhere about Bomberman PSP (the one with the single player mode)? All I can find is the Hudson official page, I guess what I really want to know is if the Bagura fight is any different than the ones from the past (which are all pretty similar save for the one in Bomberman Hero). The official page just says he throws a lot of bombs and has a barrier (as always), it also mentions something about a gargoyle it seems.
View user profile Send Private Message
Ashtarth
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
...again?

I'm not even sure what this is...it looks terrible though >_> Especially the box art
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Could it be...the sequel to Bomberman Act Zero?
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/xib/bm.html#pagetop

I did a little info gathering on this game a while back.

It's got two 1-player modes: one modeled after classic Bomberman in which the graphics look like LEGO blocks, and the other where everything looks like a parody of sentai shows like Power Rangers, etc. The only real difference is that the second mode gives you boss stages and a bar that enables you to unleash a special attack when it's fully charged. The sentai Bombers also have extra unlockable costumes.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Interesting. Well, it doesn't look as bad as Act Zero. At least it's still cartoony and they look somewhat like Bombermen.

I wonder, though... why with the blocky classic mode? Maybe they're supposed to look like pixels in three dimensions or something.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
That's kind of what I assumed. Also weird is how instead of the usual White-Black-Red-Blue-Green setup they have it as Red-Blue-Green-Yellow-Pink.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, that's probably because they're a parody of the Super Sentai. You know, because the colors are the same.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, it's a quirky Bomberman.
Quite fun, reminds me of BM64 sans awesomeness and overall the sheer stupidity of it makes everything funny. I have it for my PSP.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:02 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:

LOL I don't know whether or not to laugh or cry at that. That has got to be some of the worst boxart I've ever seen.

And really? Hudson's reducing Bomberman to the same level as Power Rangers? WTF?

Seems like Bomberman's image only get worse and worse these days.

Only a completely unrelated note, they kind of remind me of Mario RPG's Axem Rangers. If only just a little bit.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 am  Reply with quote + 
...That might be because the Axem Rangers were a parody of Power Rangers. DUR!

By the way, this game was released back in 2006. I don't think there's any cause to worry about it.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
...That might be because the Axem Rangers were a parody of Power Rangers. DUR!

lawlz wow r u cereal? no wai 4 rizzlez?

I guess I should've seen that coming, but that's not quite entirely what I meant. I was merely trying to point out some similarities between the two. The yellow one's fat like the Axem Rangers, the green one's skinny like the Axem Rangers, the red one is pretty generic like the Axem Rangers, the pink one's a girl like the Axem Rangers. The only real difference is that there's a blue one instead of a black one, but that's it.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah, yeah, ok I see where you were going with that now. That kind of clears things up a bit. I was kinda like, "Ya Duh!" too, but now that you mention it I understand where you're coming from.

By the way a little side story. My first time playing throught that wonderful game Mario RPG the Axem Rangers were the first boss fight that really got me upset. I had to fight them over so many times, and having to redo the whole chase segment everytime was really getting to me! So I always dread getting to them when i play the game now. ha ha.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Ah, yeah, ok I see where you were going with that now. That kind of clears things up a bit. I was kinda like, "Ya Duh!" too, but now that you mention it I understand where you're coming from.

Yeah, I tend to notice stupid little things like that. No idea how or why it does. Guess not too many others can do the same. D:

Reggy wrote:
By the way a little side story. My first time playing throught that wonderful game Mario RPG the Axem Rangers were the first boss fight that really got me upset. I had to fight them over so many times, and having to redo the whole chase segment everytime was really getting to me! So I always dread getting to them when i play the game now. ha ha.

Gah, it's been so long since I first played that game. I don't remember which boss/bosses annoyed me on my first play through. I'd probably say maybe Bowyer? That button lock thing can be a pain in the arse, especially on items if you needed to heal or something (Cuz Mallow's Heal Rain may not always be enough). And he would sometimes keep locking the same button through the whole fight, so you may not even be able to do regular attacks! I hated that dude. I liked his use of the word "N'yah" though. XD

But yeah, the Axem Rangers can suck too. Especially when you get to the second half with the Gaia Cannon I think it's called? Actually, the more I think about, a good portion of the bosses in that game were pretty annoying lol.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#14  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Axem Rangers I beat on my first try I think... I just got around to playing through the game this year, never beat it. Though, being one of those RPGs where all the enemies walk around on screen and disappear when you fight them, I found it a lot easier to level up by fighting regular opponents. The first time I started to play the game, I got stuck on Bowyer, probably because I didn't level up enough. Or because I didn't use my strategy through this time of just giving Mario strength/power/whatever boosts every time he levels up so he does ridiculous amounts of damage compared to his comrades.

Stuck on Smithy's second form though.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1882s
Index - Back to Top