Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Hardest Bosses
[Replies: 16]  [Views: 3055]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've been thinking about all the tough bosses in games and wondered who was tougher. Lets find out.

#3: Bowser from Super Mario 64. The first 2 times you face him, he's actually easy. The final face off, he's avoiding you in every way posible. He uses a mega fire breathe, his jump can destroy parts of the stage, and you have to throw him into bombs 3 times. Did I mention it's hard to aim for a bomb?

#2: MechaGodzilla II from Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters Melee. Every time I get to him, I'm on my last life. When ever I try to keep my lives, I face Destoroyah and he gets me all the way down to my last life right before facing MechaGodzilla II. I actually don't have to worry if I'm playing as Destoroyah. MechaGodzilla II's attacks keep hitting me faster than I can hit him.

#1: Grunty the Witch from Banjo Kazooie. She gives you toruble even if you have cheats activated. To date, this is the only Final Boss I faced and cannot defeat (without cheats that is). I can beat her using cheats, but it's extremely hard to aim at her. She gives me just as much trouble in the sequel Banjo Tooie. This time she's driving a Drill Tank. I never beat her in the sequel yet.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bowser doesn't seem too difficult if you can evade all his attacks. I had some trouble aiming for the bombs as well, but I just kept at it until he was finished.

The other two games I haven't played.

When someone mentions hardest bosses, the first ones I always think of were in badly made games, usually unprofessional ones. I'm drawing a blank trying to think of the hardest -real- bosses I've ever seen... maybe I've been playing too much Bomberman...

Actually, in Bomberman Hero I had quite a bit of difficulty with Bolban when you face him underwater in Garaden Star... between the underwater controls, and how when you reach the end of the hallway you have to go backwards, I finally got fed up and set the game down for a few months before coming back to it and passing him. I wasn't very good at Bomberman Hero itself either.

Other bosses seem hard at first, but then you come back with a definite strategy and can beat them easily after that. I suppose what I consider a difficult boss is one that will challenge you no matter how many times you've beaten it, even if you're using a good strategy.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
What do you mean by cheaply made games? Can I see an example?
Also, not all of Bowser's attacks are evadable. I always get hit by that shockwave jump of his.
Because of similarities to other games (The Jump Ability for one), Bomberman Hero is both easy and hard for me at the same time.
By the way, what other games do you play besides Bomberman?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I mean games that just aren't put together well, they usually don't look very good and they always have bad gameplay, what with the physics and all. Most of the time they're indy games but sometimes they appear as mainstream console games, big examples occur in the older systems like NES and the Gameboy.

Are you sure about Bowser's shockwave being unavoidable? I'm pretty sure you can jump over it if you do the second or third jump combo. But I guess it's been a while.

Besides Bomberman? The Zelda and Mario series are good, Megaman's good too but I never played the new ones, other assorted games that I can't recall at the moment and some I can... some shooters I lke, such as GoldenEye and Halo, some random games like DigDug and Boulder Dash and Fire'N'Ice and Bosconian (seriously, why haven't they ever picked up Bosconian and added new stuff to it?) are interesting... basically when it comes to games, music, books, movies, whatever, I'm beyond genres, so I just go with whatever I like. If I could recommend some good indie PC games right now, I'd definately recommend Cave Story, Poyo had a neat concept though it's short, and Little Fighter 2 is good and you "code" in your own fighters but the sprites are in such a style that is difficult for me to mimic efficiently.
But, it's been some time since I thought about any other games than Bomberman. I don't spend most of my time playing games anyway, so when I do I usually just pick up one of the Bomberman games I have laying around. :hilarious: 

But I'm assuming you probably ask so I could mention other bosses. Hmm... the last time I had trouble with a boss that I can remember, I was playing Megaman II I believe, and got through the entire game with relatively little problems until I got to the robotic dragon boss, where it's flying and you're jumping across platforms. I'm sure I've beaten it before but I kept falling or getting knocked off. It was getting late anyway so eventually I just gave up on it.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Whenever I try to jump over the shockwave, I still hit it when I land.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:49 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I was playing Megaman II I believe, and got through the entire game with relatively little problems until I got to the robotic dragon boss, where it's flying and you're jumping across platforms. I'm sure I've beaten it before but I kept falling or getting knocked off. It was getting late anyway so eventually I just gave up on it.
That game has one of the stupidest bosses of all times... it's final boss is only killable by bubble power... and if you run out of it due to the stuff being tricky to aim if you're winging it... you're just plain SOL... and I won't even mention the stupid wall boss of plain stupid. That willy sure was a wily one...
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#7  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Actually, in Bomberman Hero I had quite a bit of difficulty with Bolban when you face him underwater in Garaden Star... between the underwater controls, and how when you reach the end of the hallway you have to go backwards, I finally got fed up and set the game down for a few months before coming back to it and passing him. I wasn't very good at Bomberman Hero itself either.

I hated that boss, it was a real hang-up especially considering the orginal fight with him wasn't that bad.

fireball87 wrote:
That game has one of the stupidest bosses of all times... it's final boss is only killable by bubble power... and if you run out of it due to the stuff being tricky to aim if you're winging it... you're just plain SOL... and I won't even mention the stupid wall boss of plain stupid. That willy sure was a wily one...

Megaman II did have a few "That One Bosses", but the Dragon wasn't too bad as long as you keep cool and spam the Quick Boomerang on the top block. The Wall boss in the next level WERE total BS, if you screw up the Crash Bombs or had used some unknowingly before the encounter, you were totally screwed and had to use a Continue in order to get more weapon energy for it. The final boss was really easy, no offense, but I don't know how you can have trouble with it since it moves in a figure-eight loop with a predictable shot every now and then.

Megaman III final bosses were pretty insane too, the BS DocRobot levels, the Yellow Devil rematch... Ugh. Megaman games are infamous for inducing rages.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:08 am  Reply with quote + 
After watching a video of the final boss from Megaman II, I can safely say that that is one of the Megaman games I got hung up on and never finished. Though I've heard of the Wily boss before.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#9  Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
AoBman05 wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

I hated that boss, it was a real hang-up especially considering the orginal fight with him wasn't that bad.

I also wanted to comment on this. I gave up on that game for years because that boss made me so upset. I also came back and eventually beat him but I needed to go around collecting gems to boost up my life bar. That battle was such a pain.

As for the final Bowser in mario 64, you can definately jump over the shockwaves. What happens is there are 2 shockwaves (I'm almost positive, I played this game ALOT back in the 90s) You don't use a full jump cause you'll land and get hit by the 2nd shockwave. just tap the jump to get between the first and 2nd then jump over the 2nd. It's not too difficult. I do agree that it is kind of annoying to aim him at the bombs properly, but you can try as many times as you want so he's bound to hit one eventually! lol

I love the Megaman series too! I think aobomber and I are probly the 2 big megaman nerds in this community. MMII is a particular favorite of mine. The wall gun boss is bullshit. There were many times I also had to do exactly what aobomber said and continue in order to refill my crash bombs and beat it. The final boss was pathetic. Even the first time I just kept trying weapons till I saw the bubble lead killed him. I beat it in one try.

AoBman05 wrote:
Megaman III final bosses were pretty insane too, the BS DocRobot levels, the Yellow Devil rematch... Ugh. Megaman games are infamous for inducing rages.

The docbots were a bunch of jerks, worse then that was the levels they were in. I remember the one that required the rush jet (I think it was Sparkman) being a total pain.

In my opinion I think the newer the megaman game the even more difficult the bosses get. I some of the later X games like X6 I just do absolutely terrible. My bro is really good at the X games and has beaten most of them and I watch him dodging all the boss attacks and I'm like amazed. I tried really hard to beat X5 and just totally gave up on the Sigma stage with the lasers. I must've tried that stage over 50 times.

I've got a boss to mention. I'm a wicked Otaku so I'm not sure if any of you guys have even heard of the fighting game for PS2 called Arcana Heart (its really fun) but the final boss is totally impossible for me to beat even on the easiest setting. I've tried it like a hundred times and maybe 2-3 I was able to get her below half health. She's a total beast.

I dug up a video to show you what fighting her is like but it contains spoilers to the plot so if you're interested in playing the game you might not want to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5X7tg0gV2U
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
[quote="AoBman05"]
Dark Zaphe wrote:
The final boss was really easy, no offense, but I don't know how you can have trouble with it since it moves in a figure-eight loop with a predictable shot every now and then.

Yeah, that's true... it did have a predictable pattern (to be honest I haven't beat that game in ages though)... I somewhat recall the fight taking forever though. It doesn't help that ever since I beat the game for the 2nd time I try to play blaster only on bosses so I've become a tad poor at using the bubble lead properly. By that point I'm generally just bloody angry at the game which doesn't help either... specially seeing as my NES locks up frequently enough that I'm prolly on my 5th attempt of the willy castle due to lockups... that's annoying. But you're prolly right, I still didn't like that fight and wish I could've used my blaster.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
In my opinion I think the newer the megaman game the even more difficult the bosses get. I some of the later X games like X6 I just do absolutely terrible. My bro is really good at the X games and has beaten most of them and I watch him dodging all the boss attacks and I'm like amazed. I tried really hard to beat X5 and just totally gave up on the Sigma stage with the lasers. I must've tried that stage over 50 times.

I've got a boss to mention. I'm a wicked Otaku so I'm not sure if any of you guys have even heard of the fighting game for PS2 called Arcana Heart (its really fun) but the final boss is totally impossible for me to beat even on the easiest setting. I've tried it like a hundred times and maybe 2-3 I was able to get her below half health. She's a total beast.

I dug up a video to show you what fighting her is like but it contains spoilers to the plot so if you're interested in playing the game you might not want to watch it.

I know, I'm just so good. XD Kidding. I love the X games though, and I actually find the original games to be kind of tough, as weird as that may sound to some of you. It took me a while to beat Megaman II and even VI on the original cartridges. I have beaten V and IV as well, but that was on Anniversary Collection and I'm not entirely certain if those really count.

As for what I think are hard bosses, it's hard to say anymore. Most of the bosses from Ikaruga were hard, The Boss (that's her name lol) from Metal Gear Solid 3 still proves to be difficult at times depending on how I want to fight her (camo + sniper rifle's rather easy but boring while full out in-your-face combat can be quite difficult). The rock monster (Thantos, I think?) from the first Metroid Prime was also difficult my first time playing it as well. Oh, and Red from Megaman X7 was stupid. Just plain stupid. XD

I remember you showed me the boss from Arcana Heart before via YouTube, and yeah she sucks. XD

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
AoBman05 wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:

I also wanted to comment on this. I gave up on that game for years because that boss made me so upset. I also came back and eventually beat him but I needed to go around collecting gems to boost up my life bar. That battle was such a pain.

As for the final Bowser in mario 64, you can definately jump over the shockwaves. What happens is there are 2 shockwaves (I'm almost positive, I played this game ALOT back in the 90s) You don't use a full jump cause you'll land and get hit by the 2nd shockwave. just tap the jump to get between the first and 2nd then jump over the 2nd. It's not too difficult. I do agree that it is kind of annoying to aim him at the bombs properly, but you can try as many times as you want so he's bound to hit one eventually! lol

I love the Megaman series too! I think aobomber and I are probly the 2 big megaman nerds in this community. MMII is a particular favorite of mine. The wall gun boss is bullshit. There were many times I also had to do exactly what aobomber said and continue in order to refill my crash bombs and beat it. The final boss was pathetic. Even the first time I just kept trying weapons till I saw the bubble lead killed him. I beat it in one try.

AoBman05 wrote:

The docbots were a bunch of jerks, worse then that was the levels they were in. I remember the one that required the rush jet (I think it was Sparkman) being a total pain.

So I don't use a full jump? No wonder I keep hitting that second shockwave.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#13  Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
AoBman05 wrote:

No kidding, it was bad enough that you had to fight him with all those crazy attacks, but the fact that you had to do it all underwater was what really made it frustrating. Thankfully, once you beat him, the rest of the bosses, even Bagular and the secret boss were cake-walks. I still can't believe I managed to 100% that game with all the crap it throws at you.

Regulus 777 wrote:

AoBman05 wrote:

Oh it wasn't just that the DocRobot fights were a pain, it was also the fact that if for some reason you bite the dust, even against the boss, you had to start over from the beginning of those goddamn levels or the room after the first DocRobot.

Yeah, I think it was Spark Man were it was mandatory to use Rush Jet, because it had those lovable disappearing blocks across the huge chasm. Shadow Man also get special mention since it's easy to get smacked off the platform by those parachute enemies.

I've beaten the first 6 MMX games, and yeah, I feel you on that Sigma level, the wall jump mechanic will really screw you over when you try to blaze thru there with the Dark Hold, even with X's helmet upgrade it's really easy to get hung up on a wall and then get nuked because you ran outta energy for the weapon.

Oh, and guess who you face once you finally reach the end of that stage? That's right! That frackin' Yellow Black Devil!
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#14  Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:00 am  Reply with quote + 
I can't really remember much in the way of tough boss fights, but ye gahds, the aforementioned underwater boss in Bomberman Hero fight really put me off. I think I only managed to beat it because I Gamesharked myself up a bunch of extra hitpoints (yeah, I bought a Gameshark even though the European equivalent is the Pro Action Gameplay. I think it only worked on my two Bomberman games. Amusing anecdote!).
Some of the bosses I fought in Twilight Princess before giving up on the game weren't exactly difficult, but did tend to have some really moronic obstacles. The giant multi-headed plant thing (Baba?) in one of the early dungeons (if not the first one), I could lock onto it and whirl those bombs at it, but they would just never hit. It wasn't attacking me, and I was incapable of hitting it, so I was fiddling around for about twenty minutes before I realised the bomb only hits if you don't lock onto the plant. Urgh.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ragey wrote:
I can't really remember much in the way of tough boss fights, but ye gahds, the aforementioned underwater boss in Bomberman Hero fight really put me off. I think I only managed to beat it because I Gamesharked myself up a bunch of extra hitpoints (yeah, I bought a Gameshark even though the European equivalent is the Pro Action Gameplay. I think it only worked on my two Bomberman games. Amusing anecdote!).
Some of the bosses I fought in Twilight Princess before giving up on the game weren't exactly difficult, but did tend to have some really moronic obstacles. The giant multi-headed plant thing (Baba?) in one of the early dungeons (if not the first one), I could lock onto it and whirl those bombs at it, but they would just never hit. It wasn't attacking me, and I was incapable of hitting it, so I was fiddling around for about twenty minutes before I realised the bomb only hits if you don't lock onto the plant. Urgh.

The Giant Baba is known as Diababa. You just need to lock onto the Bomb Plants with the Gale Boomerang and then lock onto one if its two heads. Then once the big Biolantte styled head shows up, wait for Ook and do the same thing. You don't have to aim at the other 2 heads again, all you have to do is aim at the middle head, then slice ats its eye, repeat the boomerang strategy, then use Ending Blow once you get it down the 2nd time. I can face Diababa without getting hit at all, he's pretty easy.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:48 am  Reply with quote + 
[quote="AoBman05"][quote="Regulus 777"]
AoBman05 wrote:
Yeah, I think it was Spark Man were it was mandatory to use Rush Jet, because it had those lovable disappearing blocks across the huge chasm. Shadow Man also get special mention since it's easy to get smacked off the platform by those parachute enemies.

If you're talking about in the level (and I assume you are, I don't remember a boss fight with a hole... and those stupid blocks... god that would be a nightmare. Heatman from megaman 2 had a stupid long chasm (Somewhere between 3 and 4 screens wide if i recall, it nears the entire usage length of the item) that I always used item 2 for (one of the few places in megaman 2 where I use an item when I don't technically have to).
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#17  Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
hehe yeah. I always used Item 2 in Heatman's stage as well. It pretty much used up all of it to just get past that pit, so don't die afterwords. ha ha
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2388s
Index - Back to Top