Choo-choo!
[Replies: 24]  [Views: 4630]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#21  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Like I said earlier, despite the new twist I'm expecting for this game to be fun anyway. I just hope the game has the quality that we're used to and isn't just a game that's slapped together and shipped out for more money.

I don't mind the Wind Waker style, I think it's what works best for DS. Can you imagine them trying to make a realistic-looking Link on the DS? That is, if they wanted to keep the 3D graphics.

Also I just want to make it clear that I didn't make this topic as a complaint toward the game.
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#22  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
My comment was directed at those numerous complainers on several forums, I've read quite a few negative comments on it and such since the initial buzz; I think some of them were spoiled with TP's graphics a bit.

Plus they don't have to aim for realism, the DS is more powerful than the N64, so they can easily make a 3D game with better graphics than OoT if they wanted.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Razon wrote:
without having to use a boat again which they have done so many times in previous zelda games.

Yes, so many as two.

A boat seemed like something that they'd commonly use, as I said I'm not a fan of zelda games so I wasn't sure how many times they used it.

CrystalBomber wrote:
Razon, you bring up some valid points. But then I thought that's what the horseback riding was sort of for?

You can travel much faster with a train, traveling a long distance by horse could take quite a while. You'd think that a horse would be faster then a sail boat though, so by them adding the train it can be a way to travel very long distances faster. Though it's also not a bullet train, so a horses running speed could compare to it's speed to an extent.

Even if they've barely used boats in zelda games, I'm sure that they've used horses far many more times. They probably don't want to over use the concept of it and have people lose interest, so they're opting for a change for atleast this game. They can always go back to using a horse and a boat in the next zelda game, and it could seem more fresh after the last game that they had used something different in.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
AoBman05 wrote:
Storylines were never really a huge perk about the Zelda series, it was always more about its content.

You are certainly entitled to thinking so, but don't presume it is the way everybody feels... because it's not.

AoBman05 wrote:
Still, Wait until the game has been released before you bash.

Mh... no *bashes silly anachronisms some more*

Razon wrote:
Even if they've barely used boats in zelda games, I'm sure that they've used horses far many more times.

Uh... not really.
The horse was in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, one stage of Four Swords Adventures and Twilight Princess.

FSA hardly counts, so that means horses appaeared just once more compared to boats.

And if they needed something faster (which I doubt, since it seems unlikely for a DS game to be larger than Twilight Princess) they could easily come up with something that fits the fantasy setting, like a dragon to ride or something like that.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
DragonBomber wrote:
The only upside of such a game would be if I could wander around the tracks and throw chickens into the path of oncoming trains.

Oh my god that would be amazing!

My family also heartily enjoyed tormenting chickens in zelda: A link to the past.

Chicken tormenting may be the only pasttime to save the game series, sir. :veryhappy: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1833s
Index - Back to Top