alexa999
Bomberdude

Post#21  Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:43 am  Reply with quote + 
What the heck are the 2nd player keys?
View user profile Send Private Message
Kalidascorp
Bomberdude

Post#22  Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
look at the post with the first old version of this game. It gives you all the details.
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
A bomberman game with gamemaker is very hard and only way to make a good one is to have alot of experience atleast 5 years imho.

Well I don't agree with that. I've only done it for 5 1/2 months and I pretty much got it done nicely. To learn stuff they have tutorials at the game maker web-site and the help file included with the game maker! The rest is all mental.
Midi
Bombertrainee

Post#24  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 am  Reply with quote + 
Code:
if (!solid && !instance_place(x ,y, objPlayer)) solid=1;

There. That will make sure there is no player around and if the bomb isn't already solid, then make it solid. The bomb must start out not solid when layed. Just replace objPlayer with whatever your bomber's object name is.

Look at http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1260 for the engine I made. It should help. But it's old and I'm doing a cleaner version, so just take what you need from it and the new one will be better.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's been like 5 years since this guy was active, man... I don't think he's working on this anymore.

But personally, I don't think it's a good idea to make bombs solid, because then you can't throw other bombs/players/etc. over them. And it just gets messy when you have multiple people on the bomb, because, say, you have one guy setting a bomb and standing on it, well then, someone else can just walk right through the bomb to the other side, and that's not supposed to happen. Also, if you have monsters in play, then when you set the bomb to trap a monster, the monster can still walk through the bomb and get you while you're standing on it.

It's better to have players have a sort of variable checking if they're standing on a bomb, and keeping track of the ID of the bomb(s) that they are standing on, allowing them to pass through until the player object no longer tracks the ID, at which case the tracker variable set back to 0 and the player's code ceases to recognize the bomb(s) that it was standing on.

For enemies, they should back up off of a bomb when it is first set. Similar principle.

But seriously, bro, no solids. It just makes things messy. Solids should only be for outer walls.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1359s
Index - Back to Top