[Replies: 36]  [Views: 7642]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:33 am  Reply with quote + 
More DS fun comes soon on Dec 4th, with Custom Battler Bomberman. It looks awesome! I mean, check out this artwork on the box...totally digging the design of Bomberman here. Will be playing it then deciding when to buy it. I have to get Bomberman Land Touch 2, Bomberman Story (either US release when it's out or the European release if it doesn't come out here), then this. :veryhappy:  Anyone else excited about this game?

http://www.hudson.co.jp/bomberman/custom/
http://www.shopncsx.com/cbbomberman.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmYUCzBfH90
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Whoa, I've never seen that before! And it comes out Dec 4? Does it get a US release?

Usually I'm on top of things but this game completely slipped me.
View user profile Send Private Message
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:20 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Whoa, I've never seen that before! And it comes out Dec 4? Does it get a US release?

Usually I'm on top of things but this game completely slipped me.

So far that I've seen there's been no mention of a NA release yet. The url below mentions a European release but who knows... At least there will be an English version to buy and it will run on our DSs right? :veryhappy: 

http://gamerblips.dailyradar.com/story/custom_battler_bomberman_exploding_in_europe_next_year/
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Box cover really reminds me of Megaman Battle Network.... though I never really played it.

Hey, haven't we seen this before? I distinctly remember that green boss machine and the map/menu screen sort of thing.... Anyway, it looks nice and has good graphics, though I'll probably never play it. Oh well. Looks amazing though, seems like Bomberman is heading back in the right direction.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah, I actually forgot about this. Good to see Hudson hasn't, if the game is half as good as the artwork then it'll rock :veryhappy: 

BTW Zaphe, that's not so surprising. Anyone else remembers the aborted Bomberman game that was supposed to reboot the franchise on PS2 back in 2001? The one in which Bomberman would have been a virtual character used by a human girl to fight battles across the net? I sure am glad that thing got cancelled. To quote the AVGN, there would have been lawsuits up the ass.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Woah, I never heard about that one. Though it would have surely been a big mistake in releasing such a ridiculous Bomberman title, they could have gotten away with it as long as it wasn't too close to Megaman Battle Network. Unless of course the story was the same, in which case that would be.... Goch....
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think the plot would have been about stopping the plans of some evil corporation... but I could be misremembering that.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, I hope this game turns out well. It helps when good Bomberman games comes out as I'm already trying to spread love for the series.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Well, I hope this game turns out well. It helps when good Bomberman games comes out as I'm already trying to spread love for the series.

I am hoping I can test this out by the 6th of December, as it doesn't come out until the 4th. Illegally of course, then buying it if I actually like the experience. Mainly to get the box and manual though. HOORAY!
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:04 pm  Reply with quote + 

I imagine anyone in Europe knows about this, but for anyone here who doesn't, here you go. The game is available and being sold by a bunch of eBay vendors for pretty decent prices given that the dollar is high enough against the pound at the moment.
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
OMG, playing as a GIRL? I mean, you should be AT LEAST able to choose the gender. That will/would suck!
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Ninja Bomber wrote:
OMG, playing as a GIRL? I mean, you should be AT LEAST able to choose the gender. That will/would suck!

Which game are you talking about? I wasn't playing as a girl when I played the Jp original version of this...

If that was an attempt at humor I am far too tired this morning to get that. :peace: 

:) Seriously. Eating a biscuit and going to grab tea in a bit.
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've bought the game Saturday and it's incredible! It's like a trip to the past and a step into the future at the same time! I can safely state that I have not played a 2D Bomberman game this good in the last 9 years... if not 12 even.

I reccomend this game to anyone who call themselves Bomberman fans. There are many changes from the standard formula, but nothing I believe we should be concerned of.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Once I get money, I'm going to look into getting myself a copy of this game.

(...and, er, a DS, since I traded in my DS for cash for last year's ACEN. Either that or I'll steal my brother's DS just to play this game.)

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Currently transferring it to my R4
Everyone everywhere is saying its very good, i'm excited :P
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Awesome, guys. :) I am going to buy it in the next couple months for sure, just for the artwork and manual if nothing else! I have the Japanese version but it won't play on my M3 anymore. Will be trying the European version of the game when I think about it, have it sitting on the PC now. I just have been so caught up with the PS2 stuff. I enjoyed the game a lot, and was sad when my DS wouldn't load the game any more, and then happy again when I saw the European version had released. :veryhappy: 
Bomberjack

Post#17  Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:

If you like the game, please buy it when you are able to. Hudson needs to know they are doing it right for once, and the only way to let them have the message is getting as many people as possible to buy the game :sigh: 

DragonBomber wrote:
I have the Japanese version but it won't play on my M3 anymore.

Oh? Any clue why?
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Hammer Bomber wrote:

If you like the game, please buy it when you are able to. Hudson needs to know they are doing it right for once, and the only way to let them have the message is getting as many people as possible to buy the game :sigh: 

Well, right this minute we cannot buy it here in North America. :sad:  IGN still lists it as an RP title, and ESRB has no record of it yet due to that. Unless I searched wrong. I did not see it amongst the results. Once it gets a rating it will be on their site I imagine. The RP, unless IGN is daft, means we should expect it. That also means I need to hold off on buying the European version, which I had planned to do soon. :sad: 

Duke Serkol wrote:
DragonBomber wrote:
I have the Japanese version but it won't play on my M3 anymore.

Oh? Any clue why?

No clue, as it played the first time I loaded it, then never again. Even after I removed the save files created. The European version loads fine. Even after powering off and on several times. I actually just set my DS to charge, after a few hours of playing it and My Japanese Coach. I had just beaten Razel. :)

I really like the game and cannot wait to have a copy on my shelving. :veryhappy:  The powerups integrate well, and you don't get too powerful all at once. Partly because you lose powerups when blasts or enemies hit you (yes, there is a lifebar for those of you who have not tried it), and partly because as the body parts get more powerful they often will lower other scores in some areas. You end up having to use one part to offset the decrease from the part you chose, hoping it doesn't decrease other scores. This gives you a lot of room for customizing your bomber's look in gear, and his traits.

Bravo, I say. The music is really catchy. The little messages that scroll across the screen are nice, as they are small enough to ignore if you care to, but easy enough to see if you do. The fact you don't have to use the touchpad to play (as far as I have seen so far) really helps the basic bomberman gameplay, as my fingers know what to do. I only played against one person online so far, a Japanese player, and I trapped myself like a dumbass. :) I opened up two versus boards so far, and will be glad to open up more. Though it doesn't matter, because I will have to play through it a second time if I beat it, to unlock everything on my actual cart for those bonuses. lol
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:

I concur, though I am unable to buy it (no DS) and have not played it. We need to show Hudson when we're pleased, not just when we're angry. Some sort of message needs to get across.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Right, its a superb game. Flat out Best Bomberman in ages. Custom items work really well as well, getting rid of simply having 6 bombs, 6 speed and 6 range like previous games, its all gotten more advanced in how its set out.

2 slight issues, and there only slight

• No reverse battle on battle mode, perhaps its still unlockable mind
• Easy AI stand still when there trying to bomb each other if you end up dyeing

Living in the UK, i could buy it, but i'm a student now, not a schoolkid or 6th former. I have absolutely no money
I have however deleted it as with all the better DS titles i download. after 45 mins or so playing it, so as to keep those purchasing wants around for when my student loan comes in

^_^

definitely the best game they have produced since the first bomberman DS, witch was basically Super Bomberman 5 with another screen and a 3D intro
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3217s
Index - Back to Top