Yes
 92%  [ 13 ]
No
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes: 14

MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Though I'm sure accusations of "HE'S TOO CHEAP!" would be thrown in his face...but you can only fantasize. :cry: 

Man! If Bomberman were in Brawl, I would make a darn good machinima using him...but, like I said...I can only fantasize. :cry: 

Feel free to discuss this topic.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Although it would have been nice, I'd rather prefer the Five Bad Bombers as an Assist Trophy.

I dunno, somewhy I don't think Bomberman would fit... But then again, there is Mr. Game & Watch and a bunch of weird guys.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Link had bombs.... why would Bomberman be cheap? He'd fight like anyone else, bombs would just be a button combo I'm sure.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well he would be more range based if he was in SSBB. I made a moveset for him the other day just for no reason, and he'd probably have 3 types of bombs, a good recovery, basica punch/kick attacks and a drop kick.

I think he'd fit in, but personally I think they should have done the 3rd party stuff all differently. I've accepted Solid Snake, but why did Sonic the Hedgehog have to be in there? :cry: 

Bomberman could have been a good and effective character, but I have a feeling he'd just be spammed by almost all his users, and as a Bomberman fan that would not be what I'd want my hero to do should he show up in such a game.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:26 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
personally I think they should have done the 3rd party stuff all differently. I've accepted Solid Snake, but why did Sonic the Hedgehog have to be in there? :cry: 

Are you sure you haven't got the names mixed up?
http://godmodeonline.com/d/20060512.html
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Bomberman could have been a good and effective character, but I have a feeling he'd just be spammed by almost all his users, and as a Bomberman fan that would not be what I'd want my hero to do should he show up in such a game.

Seriously, what the hell you guys, think outside of the box. You must consider your best options when developing a character for ANY type of game in order to round out their overall fairness. Think back to Smash Brothers for the N64 (that's the one I own and have played the most), and Link's bomb attack. You do the combo, the bomb appears in his hand, and you have a chance to throw it at a varying speeds and arcs. Bomberman's bomb attacks would be like that. It wouldn't have to cause massive fricking damage. And it wouldn't have to be rapid. Now, I'm not sure how the controls of Smash Brothers have changed since back then, since I've only played the Gamecube one a few times, and have never played Brawl, but it is completely possible to put Bomberman in there with fair attacks.

Duke Serkol wrote:

Lol! :hilarious: 
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just had a thought of what Bomberman's taunt would be.

One of them could be his victory pose from Bomberman 64 The Second Attack.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
dakirbydude wrote:

Seriously, what the hell you guys, think outside of the box. You must consider your best options when developing a character for ANY type of game in order to round out their overall fairness. Think back to Smash Brothers for the N64 (that's the one I own and have played the most), and Link's bomb attack. You do the combo, the bomb appears in his hand, and you have a chance to throw it at a varying speeds and arcs. Bomberman's bomb attacks would be like that. It wouldn't have to cause massive fricking damage. And it wouldn't have to be rapid. Now, I'm not sure how the controls of Smash Brothers have changed since back then, since I've only played the Gamecube one a few times, and have never played Brawl, but it is completely possible to put Bomberman in there with fair attacks.

Duke Serkol wrote:

Lol! :hilarious: 

Well with how they put Brawl together it could have been easier done than in Melee. With Melee's physics he would not have fit in, but with the more floaty Brawl physics he'd be a fighter that would be right in the brawl.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
If you consider some of the attacks that Bomberman has had, bomb and non bomb, then he makes much more sense. They could have thrown in the vegetable slice from GBA Bomberman Jetters Game Collection, that push-shove thing used by some characters in some of the Super Famicom titles/PS1 Bomberman Collection, had a Louie, Tyra, Tank, or floating Alien pod show up inside a bonus egg for him/others to ride, special distance/height jumps, a living flame attack similar to when you get the bomb-dropping disease and set off all bombs exiting your area (making you look like you're craping out bombs), some of the other diseases like misdirection, the GIANT bombs from Bomberman: Fight!, Baku Bomberman/Bomberman 64, and others such as the water bomb, color bomb, maybe a flash bomb, ice bomb to freeze people in place, etc.

That's just a small bit of what they could have drawn from, as Bomberman as a character has done a TON in the assorted games. Hell, he could have even suddenly turned into a jet bomber and heli bomber similar to his suit pieces in Bomberman Hero. But the tank would have been what I would've killed for. I love when you can ride the tank in SFC/SNES Super Bomberman 1. It reminds me slightly of Iron Tank in a way for the NES but without those little mouths opening before you run the soldiers over. ;)

As it wasn't mentioned here but probably has been before on the forum did any of you guys get import PS2 and GameCube DreamMix TV World Fighters to play as Bomberman or any of the other characters? Solid Snake is in that ones also, which makes it very blah overall since he made the cut for Smash Brothers and Bomberman did not. :sad: 
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:40 am  Reply with quote + 
There anything wrong with me bumping a year-old topic?

If not, then I will say that a friend of mine pointed out to me that Bomberman in Smash Bros. would wind up handling just like Bomb Kirby in the more recent Kirby games. That sounds like a good enough setup to me.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah it's probably alright to bump some topics if you've got something to say.

I don't know about the recent Kirby games, so I'm not sure what you mean... but I still stand to what I said before in that Bomberman would be a rather easy character to put into a fighting game. Think about all the potential moves you've got...

Push attack (heck that's already a melee attack, even in Bomberman)
Boxing Glove (kind of like Mario's hand getting bigger)
Bomb (would just spawn in his hand)
Bomb kick (would slide across the floor)
Power Glove (could pick up opponents over his head, much like Kirby sucking people in)
Final Smash or whatever could be a pumped bomb

I'm sure there could be more.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
In Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Kirby Squeak Squad, you have the Bomb ability, which enables you to pull out bombs and chuck them in different directions or set them on the ground.

I imagine Bomberman's regular attacks would be based on the Bomb Punch and Bomb Kick power-ups while some of his other attacks would be based on the moves he had in DreamMix TV World Fighters.

His specials would all revolve around bombs, of course.

For example:

B = Bomb Lift (press any button to throw. Hold the button down to pump it up)

> + B = Bomb Kick (bomb instantly appears and is kicked across the stage)

^ + B = Bomb Jump (bomb appears directly beneath Bomberman. He's then catapulted into the air)

v + B = Bomb Drop (Sets bomb on ground. Other players can pick them up or kick them. You can set up to four at a time)

Final Smash would either be some sort of super bomb (like the Dangerous Bomb or Decker Bomb) or maybe a rain of bombs.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#13  Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty much the forums official Kirby fan so I see where you are going with this. :D

I agree that he'd be like bomb Kirby, but I also think Bomberman's moveset would be a bit like Solid Snake as well. Snake has advanced stuff moves, but he's essentially a camper with explosives in many cases. (Of course the Smash Boards tier has him in second place, so that'd make me excited to see where Bomberman would have been)

He'd of course be one of the more challenging characters to learn, but awesome to have in. Nintendo had promised 3 third party characters, but the third (turned out to be Geno from Super Mario RPG according to hackers, and Square owns the rights to him) didn't make it in due to copyright stuff. A ton of people would have wanted to have seen Bomberman, and Megaman as those seemed to be two of the most discussed 3rd party characters on forums.

If Bomberman did make it, I bet he would have had more than one bomb type :D "Let's drown Pikmin with the water bomb!"
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Nintendo had promised 3 third party characters, but the third (turned out to be Geno from Super Mario RPG according to hackers, and Square owns the rights to him)

...Where are you getting this information from? As far as I can tell that's complete and utter BS.

(PS: Geno SAWKS. Mallow is where it's at! :cool:  )
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Man-Frog wrote:
Quote:
Nintendo had promised 3 third party characters, but the third (turned out to be Geno from Super Mario RPG according to hackers, and Square owns the rights to him)

...Where are you getting this information from? As far as I can tell that's complete and utter BS.

(PS: Geno SAWKS. Mallow is where it's at! :cool:  )

If you were referring to the three third party characters part, that was sort of on the official Brawl blog. If I remember correctly, it only said that there would be a maximum of 2-3 third party characters, not necessarily a guarantee or anything.

For the Geno part, that I cannot confirm. However, I believe he was the most popular choice for a playable third party character back when JPN fans could vote for who they'd want to see in Brawl most and that isn't exactly surprising, seeing as Geno is a very popular character. With that in mind, it may certainly be possible that he was originally intended to be in the game, but ultimately wasn't for some reason.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:46 am  Reply with quote + 
They didn't exactly promise 2-3. In the end we got 2.

I highly doubt Geno was ever intended to be in the game at all. If he were, I'm pretty sure they'd have said something. If anything, Mega Man had the next spot but they never called Mr. Inafune, otherwise he'd have gladly let them use him.

Besides, if Square were to let Nintendo use one of their characters in SSB, there's no chance in hell they'd waste their spot on another Mario character.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#17  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53 am  Reply with quote + 
I just honestly doubt square retained the rights to Geno as opposed to Nintendo. Nintendo gained the rights to more or less every other development MRPG had, so why not Geno too. I just don't see them ever dealing with a contract that would have lost them out on anything that ever remotely touched their franchises... even to square.
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#18  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Square kept all the characters that are unique to SMRPG. That's why you never see them anymore. They even had to give Square credit for that one cameo Geno had in M&L1.

Seriously, Geno isn't that cool. What's all the fuss about him anyway?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm just responding to different statements, so don't take any of it personally. I'm just speaking my mind.

Man-Frog wrote:
They didn't exactly promise 2-3. In the end we got 2.

I didn't say anything about them promising 2-3 third party characters. All I said was that the Smash blog said that there would probably be a maximum of 2-3 third party characters. That's not the same thing as making a promise.

Man-Frog wrote:
I highly doubt Geno was ever intended to be in the game at all. If he were, I'm pretty sure they'd have said something. If anything, Mega Man had the next spot but they never called Mr. Inafune, otherwise he'd have gladly let them use him.

Why would Nintendo need to say anything at all about that though? All Nintendo felt was necessary was announcing what would be in the game. I doubt people would really want to know what wouldn't make the cut unless it was originally supposed to be a part of a game in the first place. This applies for just about anything else, really.

Man-Frog wrote:
Besides, if Square were to let Nintendo use one of their characters in SSB, there's no chance in hell they'd waste their spot on another Mario character.

Not that I necessarily disagree with that, but I doubt Nintendo would go and throw in another character instead of the one they originally wanted in the first place. That'd be almost the same thing as Sega saying they wouldn't allow Sonic to be in the game, but would allow Alex Kidd instead (obviously that was only a example, but you get the point). Why would Nintendo go with a unwanted substitute over their original choice?

Man-Frog wrote:
Square kept all the characters that are unique to SMRPG. That's why you never see them anymore. They even had to give Square credit for that one cameo Geno had in M&L1.

Well yeah. Square helped develop Mario RPG. They obviously have some rights to the game. With that in mind, Nintendo had to give credit for Geno's appearance in M&L. If you saw something that belonged to you being used in something like that, you'd want some credit too, wouldn't you? If Nintendo just went and included that cameo without giving any sort of credit to Square, Square could go and take it to court for breaking copyright laws and that'd just be a problem on Nintendo's part.

Man-Frog wrote:
Seriously, Geno isn't that cool. What's all the fuss about him anyway?

That's just your opinion and nothing more. While I could go and explain what I thought was neat about Geno as a character and as a party member, it'd be a waste of time because it all comes down to a matter of opinion and preference in the end.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
I didn't say anything about them promising 2-3 third party characters. All I said was that the Smash blog said that there would probably be a maximum of 2-3 third party characters. That's not the same thing as making a promise.

Somebody else said that. I responded to all posts at once.

Quote:
Why would Nintendo need to say anything at all about that though? All Nintendo felt was necessary was announcing what would be in the game. I doubt people would really want to know what wouldn't make the cut unless it was originally supposed to be a part of a game in the first place. This applies for just about anything else, really.

Not Nintendo. Mr. Sakurai. He basically said everything about the game's development, and nowhere did he ever mention anything about Geno. No idea where people are picking up the prospect of him being in the game at all outside of a few votes on that poll.

Quote:
Not that I necessarily disagree with that, but I doubt Nintendo would go and throw in another character instead of the one they originally wanted in the first place. That'd be almost the same thing as Sega saying they wouldn't allow Sonic to be in the game, but would allow Alex Kidd instead (obviously that was only a example, but you get the point). Why would Nintendo go with a unwanted substitute over their original choice?

Who said Nintendo even wanted Geno? I'm saying that if Nintendo and Square were to ever talk about putting one of Square's characters in SSB, there's a good solid chance Square doesn't have Geno in mind. It's not their position to determine what Square gives them, even if they did ask for Geno.

Quote:
Well yeah. Square helped develop Mario RPG. They obviously have some rights to the game. With that in mind, Nintendo had to give credit for Geno's appearance in M&L. If you saw something that belonged to you being used in something like that, you'd want some credit too, wouldn't you? If Nintendo just went and included that cameo without giving any sort of credit to Square, Square could go and take it to court for breaking copyright laws and that'd just be a problem on Nintendo's part.

They kept the rights to everything in SMRPG. It was pretty much all their doing save for Mr. Miyamoto's guidance and whatnot. I only brought this up because it means Square would be the ones who decide if Nintendo uses Geno at all in anything.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2765s
Index - Back to Top