Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Tired Of The "New" Bomberman?
[Replies: 17]  [Views: 4106]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Poll Results

Do You Think We Need A New "Bomberman fighting evil" game?
Yes
 100%  [ 7 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes: 7

The voting period has ended on this poll.
Jul 02, 2008  to  Jul 07, 2008

MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi, I'm MATTHEWGU4, and I'm new here. Anyways, I wanted to discuss this topic.

What's with the new Bomberman games they're making? Seriously, Bomberman Land? Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed this game. But don't you wish we had a new "Bomberman fighting evil" game?

I'm sure everyone will agree with me when I say, "Bomberman 64: The Second Attack Was The BEST!"

Now let's see something different! :wink: 
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:19 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm far more concerned with multiplayer battle mode than story mode. Bomberman Live for 360 was a good attempt but could've been better. They need to make one for PS3. Hell I'd love to have one for PSP where you could sign onto a server via Infrastructure Mode.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
After all the crap they've been pulling, Bomberman LIVE was a great attempt. It's beats ANY of the multiplayer they've been pulling out in the last few years. Especially that crap on Blue/Max... Who the hell cares if I get to battle Charaboms?! Let me blow the s--- out of him instead, plz! The online is great, and in the whole time I've played, I've never once experienced LAG, slow-down, or anything else of the kind that would screw me over. Some of the power-ups are WAAAAY too unbalanced, though, and that's probably my only complaint. Bomberman LIVE rocks the house. I hope there's more in store for us.

But yes, MATTHEW, I'd have to agree with you... TSA! was probably one of the best games they'd made, and the multiplayer (standard battle sucked, but all the other options more than made up for it) was fun. Considering they canned it in Bomberman Hero. The three games on the N64 that were released in the U.S. are all my favorite B-man titles, though, and I wouldn't be able to pick one out of the three... Even though TSA! stands out a little above the others. :P

... Though, the Saturn game did kick ass...
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ahh yes. I just had a flashback of my younger years. Super Bomberman 2. Good times. I remember I was on the 2nd before last boss. Unfortunately, I had gotten a game over. :sad:  But all in all, it was a great game. Agreed?
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
After all the crap they've been pulling, Bomberman LIVE was a great attempt. It's beats ANY of the multiplayer they've been pulling out in the last few years. Especially that crap on Blue/Max... Who the hell cares if I get to battle Charaboms?! Let me blow the s--- out of him instead, plz! The online is great, and in the whole time I've played, I've never once experienced LAG, slow-down, or anything else of the kind that would screw me over. Some of the power-ups are WAAAAY too unbalanced, though, and that's probably my only complaint. Bomberman LIVE rocks the house. I hope there's more in store for us..

With BML (Bomberman Live) you'll only get lag mostly on international games (or just people with bad connections) but for the most part, as you said, it's lag free. Yes, a lot of the powerups are silly. It's funny when I see people using the same weak tactics as the other scrubs on there. As in carrying bombs (including dangerous bomb) around for 15 minutes just so they can throw it at someone. Weak RT stop kicking, remote bombs.

But if that's your only complaint then you must've not cared about teams. That's the 1st and foremost thing that should've been in the game.
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Actually, now that you mention it... One of my complaints has to do with that stupid "technique" where people will place a bomb, wait a few seconds, and then throw it across the match and have it instantly detonate. Especially when they have full power on the Dangerous Bomb, that's just BS, right there.

But yeah, you're right; I really don't care about teams. xD Not against having them, or anything, but as long as I can play a standard, 4-player free-for-all, I'm good. :P
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman DS has a good battle mode, 1 cart required and up to 8 players
Mondays and Thursday free period at 6th-Form we all brought out DS's and had a 'blast' (Badum tish)

i miss those days
View user profile Send Private Message
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Axis_Lyonheart516 wrote:
Actually, now that you mention it... One of my complaints has to do with that stupid "technique" where people will place a bomb, wait a few seconds, and then throw it across the match and have it instantly detonate. Especially when they have full power on the Dangerous Bomb, that's just BS, right there.

But yeah, you're right; I really don't care about teams. xD Not against having them, or anything, but as long as I can play a standard, 4-player free-for-all, I'm good. :P

Well my problem wasn't so much the short-fusing as that's been in every game but it's the ability to carry the bomb around indefinitely. In Bomberman Online PC you could also short-fuse the bomb but you'd have to throw it from where you're standing since you couldn't carry it. Too many noobs use this tactic in BML and think they're good. Dangerous bomb is pretty silly though.

As much as I like FFA (free for all) teams was equally if not more fun. Teams add a whole nother level of play to Bomberman. Unlike in FFA where you can lay bombs where ever you want and only have to worry about yourself being safe, in team mode you actually have to plan around your teammates' position so that you don't harm them either. I remember one of the Hudson staff said when the game came out "Well can't you try make believe teams?' :irritate: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey Matt, welcome to the forums. Hope you stick around. :P

Anyway yeah, I am very tired of the new Bomberman.... in fact I am too tired to discuss it in depth right now. Except, I will say people do not focus much on Bomberman's Story Mode, but that is because Hudson doesn't seem to focus on it either.
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
MATTHEWGU4 wrote:
Ahh yes. I just had a flashback of my younger years. Super Bomberman 2. Good times. I remember I was on the 2nd before last boss. Unfortunately, I had gotten a game over. :sad:  But all in all, it was a great game. Agreed?

Me and my brother loved that game!

Just curious why don't you guys like the Bomberman/Max games? I thought they were great.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Bomberman/Max games were pretty good. What I don't understand is why Hudson tried to gain success with those Karaboms. Sure, a Pokemon-based audience would like that, but this is Bomberman! The only good things that came out of the Karaboms were

1) Pommy in TSA
2) Providing an interesting twist on the Bomberman Story bosses

And, I guess, the Bomber Shitennou from Jetters but that doesn't really count....

I wish they'd focus more on updating Bomberman-style gameplay instead of adding diversions.
Emperor Terrorin
Bomberbie

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Hey Matt, welcome to the forums. Hope you stick around. :P

Anyway yeah, I am very tired of the new Bomberman.... in fact I am too tired to discuss it in depth right now. Except, I will say people do not focus much on Bomberman's Story Mode, but that is because Hudson doesn't seem to focus on it either.

Total agree.

You're welcome MATTHEWGU4, but actually you're bothering open doors. We all already know that, unfortunaly ... And, many of us are just tired to speak about the "New Bomberman". I think just a see about every new Bomberman game is sufficient for make us desesperate.

And, you're not ready to see a new solo Bomberman game before a while. If it isn't never. But maybe somes fans will get tired of this, and, one day, we'll get a fit fangame ...
Razon
Board Admin

Post#13  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've had a game in development for a bit using the boj graphics style, with an online battle and a single player story mode- I'll be posting a survey soon to see what you all would like to see in it and what your opinions on things are. I hope to have the open beta for battle survival/panel mode by september if development continues proceeding good. There's just a slight coding protection issue that's hindering the development, the project will fail if I can't get around it unfortunately- because I won't do a release that could allow anyone to gain access to any of the coding or resources directly.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
You may wanna consider changing languages now then... theres always tradeoffs...

though i forgot what language you primarily used anyway...
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks everyone for posting their opinion on this topic. And I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks. :wink: 
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Little late, but... First, I actually like classic, 2D Bomberman games better, and thus my favorite is Super Bomberman 3 (as some of you already know). The N64 series were great, though. To tell the truth, I hate newer Bomberman games, although I did play most of them. I dislike the style of Bomberman Land games (that round-head gets me really angry), and that's more than enough to keep me away from the series. Plus, Mario Party is way better. Then there is Bomberman Kart, which is hard to play but has some nice extras like the RPG-mode. Then again, Mario Kart is two thousand and a half times better. I also don't need to tell how much Bomberman Hardball sucks... Overall, HUDSON should stay with the classic formula (and classic drawing style, imo), because the last good Bomberman game I saw was Bomberman Tournament (aaaaand I didn't like it THAT much). The hell with charabons, too! Pommy was nice, but I got bored of him already.
ZetaBladeX13
Bomberbie

Post#17  Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
In terms of "New" Bomberman games, I thought that Bomberman 64 and Second Attack kicked serious ass. The music in both was especially awesome. Hero was okay...
Though I was honestly disappointed when I bought Bomberman Generations/Jetters.

Something I never really understood was why so many retro Bomberman players hated Bomberman 64/Second Attack :sad: 

Hopefully, Hudson/Vatical or whoever decides to make another 3D Bomberman Adventure games goes back to the 64 style. :wink: 

Until then, I'll be satisfied playing Bomberman on my SNES, as well as Bomberman [Party Edition] on my PSX/PS2.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I consider myself a "retro" Bomberman player and I love 64/TSA. I do not, however, like Hero that much, though I own it. There are only a few qualms I have about 64/TSA....

64 - Battle mode could have been improved a bit. Matches tend to go a bit too fast.... beings that there are few soft blocks and there is less strategy without the grid. An option to change the amount of hearts each player starts with would have been nice, or a similar "handicap" option. The story mode was absolutely fantastic, and I don't understand those who hate it so much. It was one of the best Bomberman story modes I've ever played through.

TSA - Personally, I think they should have stuck to the round explosions. + shaped explosions make no sense when there are no blocks around the bombs. Story mode was fun and interesting, and they did introduce new concepts, but unfortunately it was rather easy compared to 64. There were a few little annoying things about some of the viruses and evil items - mostly that the AI always wanted to pick them up and sometimes, for no apparant reason, a virus could last forever if passed between players.

I agree, Hudson should go back to the 64 style and improve upon that if they want to keep making 3D Bomberman games, and for the 2D style, well you all know my opinion on that already.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2332s
Index - Back to Top